Innovative Marine Aquariums

253's 3 Gallon Bow Front Pico Reef!

up.left

FTS April 17th 2012

DSC_0235.jpg

This is my first pico ever! My Entry for the contest so far.. Just received the tank in the mail yesterday and waiting on an aquaclear so there is no flow, and the tank is cloudy from the sand. All of the rock has been curing with 100 lbs for around 8 months. Sand is from my main 70g (consists of a med/large crushed coral mix and fine sand.

Equipment so far -

x1 3g Mr. Aqua bow front display (normal glass)

x1 Aquatraders 54x.5w led fixture.

x1 Hydor 100w heater

X1 regular temp guage

Equipment plans -

Lighting - Will be DIYing a small rapid fixture. Thinking a 6 bulb fixture with maybe one of every color available on the site. ( 1red 1royalblue 1coolwhite 1cyan 1uvpurple 1green) .. maybe, but definitely a 6 bulb led fixture.

Aquaclear 50 modded for fuge.

Live stock plans are softys and lps. Haven't decided on fish or inverts yet.

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0166-1.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

Thanks! Im thinking of making it even shallower.. Hoping to have room in the aquaclear for the heater but if not ill just run it as it is in the tank. I also have purigen and chemipure elite coming in the mail from intank. Only thing to figure now is if i want to do the 6 color led fixture or do something like 4RB 2CW. Im at a cross road.

Pictures shown while all lights are on including an UGLY 10k odyessa bulb which I am currently using for growth before switching again to a 14k phoenix. Second set of pics are shown of 2 months ago while the tank was bare bottom and using a 14k phoenix. Both halide pics are receiving supplementation from 4x24''ATI blue plus and x8 1w royal blue led's from current usa powerbrites. You can also see my old 14g rimless tank if you click on the bmw. That was my favorite tank which I broke down not too long ago.

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

Oh and don't worry about the tangs lol, i sold the yellow one and the sailfin has been up for sale since the addition of sand. ( want to get some new inverts and fish)

haha to bad the tank is only 30x30x18.. 72x30x20 is my dream and possibly my next tank. fingerscrossed The tangs were a lot smaller 4 months ago when I had introduced them.. maybe I should just put the sailfin in the 3 gallon! :haha:

http://www.rapidled.com/leds/

I am talking about using one led of every color lol. In the white and blue section using the cool white and the royal blue.

Ill get pics of the 70g soon for ya ;)

Maybe I was unclear, the only aquatraders fixture I could find with 54 leds was the .06watt led version, or the four foot long 1w version. Could you link to the one you have? I use a couple of these led fixtures on a fw tank, and didn't think even the smaller ones would work on a pico, so I'm curious how it's working out for you.

Thanks.

Maybe I was unclear, the only aquatraders fixture I could find with 54 leds was the .06watt led version, or the four foot long 1w version. Could you link to the one you have? I use a couple of these led fixtures on a fw tank, and didn't think even the smaller ones would work on a pico, so I'm curious how it's working out for you.

Thanks.

http://www.aquatraders.com/LED-Freshwater-Bright-p/56202.htm

ohh my bad, that is the one I am using, it says it in the equipment list :) , its the half watt one. Its totally temporary. Won't support any corals I'm pretty sure.

Ah okay, it's the .06w version, not .5w. That's where my confusion arose.

I'm curious about their 9w (9x1w) clip on light on a picotope.

Bump need to know ac70's water volume?

From what I've read on here, it holds about a half gallon, probably a little less

Jacob042426

For the light you should get the ledtric full spectrum bulb. That way you would have all the colors in a convenient screw in bulb with no DIY :):happy:

Its sold out. But the diy is the point! :D I've decided to go with 12 3w led's fully dimmable. Just waiting for payday to order this kit.

Got this one pic today!

DSC_0191.jpg

I bought the 6x3w cree diy ket for sale in the hardware section and since I have to switch all the colors I am maxing out the driver by adding 2 more led's Running 8 total. Heres a quick drawing of what I'm going to go with. The heat sink is 4.5x4.5''. I cant wait to get started on it! I also have an Ac 70 in the mail on the way here.

IMAG0510.jpg

Archived