Coral Vue Hydros

2.5 aga new stuff added

asus

I have been a lurker on this site for a while never really post or anything, I saw this contest and thought would be a great time to be more active on the forum. I will post some pics in the next few days. I was not happy with the set up i had for the 2.5 tank, so i went and got the fluval spec 2 gal has a much cleaner look. Ok so everyone is gonna think i am some kind of nut but i changed back to the 2.5 gal aga.

Livestock

Royal Grama

frogspawn

8 miami vice zoanthid morphs

tubb blues

candy apple red

vampire pally

ultra armor

mean green

2 leather corals

gsp

3 mushrooms

and some poop brown zoanthids or paly with orange center

Equipment:

Tank: 2.5 gal aga

heater: Tetra 5-15

filter: ac 50

light: led 13up from nano box

HOB surface skimmer: custom from yankeepete

FTS 4/26/12DSCF1700.jpg

FTS 7/1/12 DSCF1924.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dallasprstn
I have been a lurker on this site for a while never really post or anything, I saw this contest and thought would be a great time to be more active on the forum. I will post some pics in the next few days

Equipment:

Tank 2.5 gal aga

filter AC 50

heater not sure yet

lights diy led

very cool man! what are you thinking on doing with the LEDs? Crees or what? I saw this single 20W led on here that I think would be cool to incorporate into a pico..

good luck. :happy:

Welcome to the contest! What better excuse to become more active in the online reefing community than a little friendly competition! I'll be waiting on those pics! Good Luck!

contest judge

Meta

i am really not digging the heater in the tank. Does anyone have an idea of how to hide it? I tried to use an hob refugium i had , but it was an inch longer than the tank so that is a no go.

I took a personal day from work today, and was messing with the pico. I could not get the flow i wanted in the fluval spec so i switched things back into the 2.5 gal. I promise this will be my last time i switch, i think :). I will get a new fts up later

I received my light from LEDTRiC yesterday, I found a fixture that holds the par bulb pretty decent. I am a terrible photographer anyway, but the leds really make taking a picture hard.

DSCF1611.jpg

I was messing around with the aquascape a bit today. This is what I came up with, i really wanted to do some type of pillar, but I think this looks a bit better.

DSCF1621.jpg

dallasprstn

I think that looks a lot better! I love the big overhangs, and the single rock structure seems to add a better sense of scale to the tank!

Whats the PAR 38 model?

Ledtric, I thought i had it in the main post must have deleted it by accident when i was editing it earlier

I think that looks a lot better! I love the big overhangs, and the single rock structure seems to add a better sense of scale to the tank!

Thanks aquascaping has always been my downfall with tanks.

Ledtric, I thought i had it in the main post must have deleted it by accident when i was editing it earlier

Thanks aquascaping has always been my downfall with tanks.

Sorry, I meant why model LEDTRiC PAR 38 is that? (eg TruePop of Tricolor ect)

I should really read the first post more...lol... I found it was. TriColor, thanks'!

Sorry, I meant why model LEDTRiC PAR 38 is that? (eg TruePop of Tricolor ect)

I should really read the first post more...lol... I found it was. TriColor, thanks'!

Tri-color

gearhead364

Green clown gobys are really small and a very cool fish if you like one that just likes to perch at different spots in the tank.

timothymarsh

How "blue" is the tri-color light and do you think two would be enough for a tank thats 24" long? Also, how does the overall quality of the bulb look/feel?

How "blue" is the tri-color light and do you think two would be enough for a tank thats 24" long? Also, how does the overall quality of the bulb look/feel?

Bulb is around a 14k , I prefer a little more blue. The quality seems pretty good,bulb is about 1 1/2lbs. I am not sure about how many u would need for a 24" tank

• 2 weeks later...

I have been messing with the scape again cant keep my hands out for some reason. I added a rock magnet, its a bit bigger than i thought. I also added an overflow box to hide the heater and intake on the ac 50. I also ordered a diy off the classified section which is a 13 up nano box kit should be here in a couple of days. I know the light is a bit much for this tank, but it was a good price and can be moved to a larger tank later.

DSCF1631-1.jpg

I received my light today from mystik0692000, I will post some pics tomorrow my wife and son went on a class trip and she took the camera.

Archived