inTank Media Baskets

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

I have no problem waiting 6 or so months. I just didn't want to have to wait a year :lol:

Sorry about your clownfish!!!!! I saw your thread about it on the homepage. Sounds like it's just bad luck. If you're inclined to try again, I'd maybe get one from a different LFS. Hopefully they don't all get them from the same source!

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no problem waiting 6 or so months. I just didn't want to have to wait a year :lol:

Sorry about your clownfish!!!!! I saw your thread about it on the homepage. Sounds like it's just bad luck. If you're inclined to try again, I'd maybe get one from a different LFS. Hopefully they don't all get them from the same source!

Thanks Gena. I'm hoping it will only be 2-3 months to get it set up. I want to buy dry rock and start working on the scape now. Plus I need to pick out lighting, do the painting, buy at least 1 MP10, and figure out the sump. It's going to be somewhat time consuming and expensive so I think July is a good goal since that's when I get my raise.

I think I'll wait until I move over to the 40B and see if I can introduce another clown then since the B/W won't have an established territory there. I'd like to get the firefish my daughter wants to help keep her interested in the tank. Maybe I'll have better luck with that.

That's an EXCELLENT idea...adding the second clown after the transfer. By then, hopefully the supply will be healthier too!!!!!! July will be here before you know it :happy:

That's an EXCELLENT idea...adding the second clown after the transfer. By then, hopefully the supply will be healthier too!!!!!! July will be here before you know it :happy:

Congrats on the 40B!!!! Yep, take your time and do it just how you want it!

Thank you both for all of your help and support. Gena, Randi, and Danielle always give advice rather than giving me hell for making noob mistakes. I really appreciate that!

I picked up paint during lunch today. I also picked up a lamp for my Par30 bulb for my pico. Looks awesome! I'm now thinking about leaving early and going rock hunting at the LFS. My job is once again driving me nuts. Thankfully I have a business trip for the day tomorrow so I don't have to come into the office!

Nope. Fans went kaput. I'm running a box fan on the table next to the tank aimed at it with the lid propped open and floating ice bags. It was down to 82 at last check. I'm honestly just really glad I only lost 1 fish and the PYA clove polyps that were dead/dying anyway. Everything else looks like it's recovering and now DH understands why I want to upgrade to a larger tank that won't have temp swings so quickly. So in the end maybe it'll be a good thing this happened?

I've got the sump in the basement ready for painting and baffles. Hubby will bring the 40B down for me tomorrow. I'm going to get them painted and go baffle and plumbing hunting. Then were going to look into adding supports to our buffet so I can use it for a stand. I just need to find some lighting that will work while I save for the good stuff. I started busting up some dry rock I have and planning out my scape too. Hopefully I can throw the tank in my mind together fairly quickly even though I'll have equipment upgrades for awhile.

Okay! Ordered all my plumbing needs from glass-holes and an AquaticLife T5 4 x 39W light from Marine Depot. Now I just need baffles, silicone, and painters tape/masking tape to paint both tanks and finish the sump. I'll need more rock for my scape too but that can wait. I think I can get away with just the powerhead and pumps I currently have until later when I'll buy an MP10 and a controller of some sort.

Thanks. Dont be jealous! It took almost crashing my tank to get my hubby to let me do this! :lol:

News of the day, the box fan aimed at my tank is keeping it at 79 right now. Did a 20% water change and things are perking up. I took a half day at work so I'm painting and putting in baffles now. :) just taking a quick break to eat some lunch and check the forums.

Sounds like things are moving along nicely with the upgrade!!!!!

When did your tank overheat??????

Yesterday. That's why the clown died.

Formula462
What's sad is my husband still hasn't realized he's there. He hides that well and never comes out! -_-

Wait wait wait, what's this husband nonsense? I believe you proposed marriage to me in my frag tank thread.

:) You know where you going to place 40b?

Probably on the buffet in our dining room. :)

Wait wait wait, what's this husband nonsense? I believe you proposed marriage to me in my frag tank thread.

Yes, I married a guy who isn't into my tank. Since I'm upgrading tanks I could probably make some other upgrades to my life too. ;)

surgicalsense
Yesterday. That's why the clown died.

Oh no .. missed this, sorry. Over heat from your heater?

Jacob042426

Banshee, if your tank almost crashed, why are you upgrading so fast? You obviously did something wrong and upgrading won't fix it. Just delay the 40b and relax and let your 14 grow in. ;)

surgicalsense

Now I am beginning to worry with my light upgrade. I need to get my rear in gear and get that module for my fan to get it up and running.

Oh no .. missed this, sorry. Over heat from your heater?

I don't think so. Just a quick change in the weather. We don't have our AC going yet.

Banshee, if your tank almost crashed, why are you upgrading so fast? You obviously did something wrong and upgrading won't fix it. Just delay the 40b and relax and let your 14 grow in. ;)

It almost cooked because it's an AIO and having pump and lights in the tank and completely covered led to a quick rise in temp. It killed 1 fish and 2 frags. It wasn't something I did wrong unless not being able to afford a chiller yet is wrong. Getting a bigger tank without a lid means less heat build up and no more near misses.

Now I am beginning to worry with my light upgrade. I need to get my rear in gear and get that module for my fan to get it up and running.

Def. I'm kicking myself for not thinking about how hot it was getting yesterday.

TeflonTomDosh
Probably on the buffet in our dining room. :)

Yes, I married a guy who isn't into my tank. Since I'm upgrading tanks I could probably make some other upgrades to my life too. ;)

^wow

^wow

JK! B) I love my hubby. I just wish he was more into the same things as me. But we balance eachother well. :wub:

hirschy75

Burn...

If you decide to take down the tank sooner rather than later and wanna sell any parts to the tank LMK :)

Sorry to hear about the clown tho

Here's the progress of my 40B so far:

Tank after painting the back black and bottom sand-colored:

40B.jpg

That's my new frag rack + 24 plugs on the right side. The intake is on the left and the return is on the right.

And here's the sump. I put in 4 baffles and painted it the same as the 40B. The first chamber on the left will have an eggcrate media rack, the second section will be the fuge with lots of sand and macro, and then on the other side of the bubble trap will be the return pump.

sump.jpg

So did I do okay?! :D

Burn...

If you decide to take down the tank sooner rather than later and wanna sell any parts to the tank LMK :)

Sorry to hear about the clown tho

I haven't decided if I'm going to use it as a frag tank, sell it, or keep it as something else. I'll let you know if I break it down though.

I took a half day off work so I could be ready to use this set up if my BC keeps giving me heat issues. The rest of the plumbing is on the way. Just waiting for a shipping notice for the light. I started messing around with my dry rock trying to make a cool scape. I'm not even close yet. :happy:

Archived