Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Banshee's 14G BioCube

banshee

The ric. frags look good! Those cloves don't look dead...just really, really, unhappy and that's not uncommon for them. Give them a week or so, they should perk up!!!!!! I got my cloves from PYA as well and they weren't open for awhile.

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PYA sucks... pmed me about picking up a Gold Yuma but just stopped pming me when i was ready to drive over and pick up... Waste of time.

TeflonTomDosh

as far as moonlights go, i picked up one of these from my LFS recently, should fit in between the pros you have now...

http://www.ecoxotic.com/led-aquariums/aqua...ccessories.html

they're about 6" long and you'll have to buy the power supply seperately, but they're pretty dope. Really lights my tank up, so much to the point where I had to put the dimmer in-line with it :)

Sorry to hear about the frags. It is disappointing considering the good experience I (and others) have had with PYA.

Maybe try sending Phil a pm on here as well? Explain what happened and see what he says?

I sent an email asking for advice along with the pics. Hopefully I get a response.

The ric. frags look good! Those cloves don't look dead...just really, really, unhappy and that's not uncommon for them. Give them a week or so, they should perk up!!!!!! I got my cloves from PYA as well and they weren't open for awhile.

I hope you're right! I am going to be so sad if they don't open. I'm glad the rics look okay to you though. You of all people should know what a good ric looks like! ;)

PYA sucks... pmed me about picking up a Gold Yuma but just stopped pming me when i was ready to drive over and pick up... Waste of time.

This makes me sad. Why do people do this?

btw for that 40Breeder if you plan on picking it up, i recommend asking for a leak test so you dont waste your money. you should get 2 Mp10s for great flow. prolly gonna cost you about 350 for 2? if you buy them used.

I figure for the price I'm getting it at it'll be worth it even if I have to fix the silicone. I'm going to look at the hardware forum and start picking up things for it as I see good deals. :) I'll probably just keep it dry for a couple months until I find all the parts and pieces.

I figure for the price I'm getting it at it'll be worth it even if I have to fix the silicone. I'm going to look at the hardware forum and start picking up things for it as I see good deals. :) I'll probably just keep it dry for a couple months until I find all the parts and pieces.

i been sourcing parts as well for my new 60-f Build.. took me 2 months to get my overflow LOL..

i just need lighting and im ready to start my tank.. ( low on funds) hahhaa

Jacob042426

my family had just left one lfs and i saw this sign for a new one and i had them turn around, and it turns out that they have the best prices on corals. but the best part was that there was a brand new 65 shalloe, 4 side starfire, for $500 and my mom told me to get it!! omgomgomg

i plan on waiting a while to set it up too. :)

So, I hope you got your paycheck today, so you can go pick up that 40b!!!!!!!

Nice, Jacob! Did you already buy the tank?

Got paid! Look what's in the back of my Jeep!

photo.jpg

That's a brand new 40B, drilled, with 15G sump and all the plumbing/pump/100W heater/etc. The guy even threw in some other stuff like pest traps and flow deflectors. :happy: The 15 doesn't have baffles and it's drilled on the side :huh: so I'll have to get a bulkhead and figure out the baffles myself. Or I'll just sell it or use it as a frag tank and get a different tank for the sump/fuge.

Did you end up finding your BTA?

Nope. No sign of it. :huh: I don't know if anything eats BTA's but that's my only guess.

Oh, and PYA said the pics of the clove polyps look pretty bad and he'll give me a credit on my next order but that I should always overnight from now on. The downside is I don't know that I want to place another order. I haven't had issues with anything else going regular 2 day postal. I didn't think cloves were that sensitive.

I hope I find it soon. I'm afraid it's dying somewhere and polluting my tank.

Does anyone know if I can just silicone a piece of lexan/plexiglass over the hole in the 15G when I'm putting in the baffles? I'd rather not use the hole on the short side and just have the plumbing dump in through the top. I need to pick up some paint for the back of this bad boy too. What brand is best for this? And any ideas on removing the stickers without scratching the glass?

Krylon Fusion for plastics is what I have read up on. It's the one everyone loves, I still need to paint the backs as well. That will be dead last right before they get put in/on the stand. B)

Use a piece of glass and silicone, I did this on the side of my 40 breeder planted and it has held up really well. Silicone doesn't bond very well with acrylic which could lead to leaking.

Thanks all. My hubby works at a hardware store so I'll get him to pick me up some Krylon. I'll ask if he can have glass cut for the baffles at work too. I'm going to be waiting awhile to get this set up I think. I need to save for an MP10 or two, buy more rock, pick out lighting, plus get the painting, baffles and such done. Should be a good longterm project! ;)

For glass sump use glass baffles

I just finished building my 10 gal sump after breaking one side glass of my previous one haha lucky no water in it..

TeflonTomDosh
my family had just left one lfs and i saw this sign for a new one and i had them turn around, and it turns out that they have the best prices on corals. but the best part was that there was a brand new 65 shalloe, 4 side starfire, for $500 and my mom told me to get it!! omgomgomg

i plan on waiting a while to set it up too. :)

Shananigans

omgomgomg brand spanking new!!!!! That was definitely a deal :) I'm so happy for you :happy:

Now don't wait toooo too long to get that baby going ;)

I hope I find it soon. I'm afraid it's dying somewhere and polluting my tank.

Does anyone know if I can just silicone a piece of lexan/plexiglass over the hole in the 15G when I'm putting in the baffles? I'd rather not use the hole on the short side and just have the plumbing dump in through the top. I need to pick up some paint for the back of this bad boy too. What brand is best for this? And any ideas on removing the stickers without scratching the glass?

Any flat black should be good. I used Rustoleum Flat black to do a clients 100g cichlid tank, and it's stuck just fine (3 coats). And to remove stickers, just use your everyday razor blade, just take care around the silicone.

Heres a few pics of the 100g I sprayed. BTW....sah-weet 40!!!

post-65950-1335840808_thumb.jpgpost-65950-1335840933_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1335840952_thumb.jpgpost-65950-1335840971_thumb.jpg

post-65950-1335841036_thumb.jpgpost-65950-1335841044_thumb.jpg

Got paid! Look what's in the back of my Jeep!

photo.jpg

That's a brand new 40B, drilled, with 15G sump and all the plumbing/pump/100W heater/etc. The guy even threw in some other stuff like pest traps and flow deflectors. :happy: The 15 doesn't have baffles and it's drilled on the side :huh: so I'll have to get a bulkhead and figure out the baffles myself. Or I'll just sell it or use it as a frag tank and get a different tank for the sump/fuge.

omgomgomg

omgomgomg brand spanking new!!!!! That was definitely a deal :) I'm so happy for you :happy:

Now don't wait toooo too long to get that baby going ;)

It is! Stickers are still on it! My husband doesn't want me to set it up yet. Not because it's huge but because the water and sewerage and electrical bills will go up again. I promised to slowly work on it until July when I get my raise and then I'll pay the difference in those bills. For now I'm going to stalk the hardware forum and the PMASI meetings for people who are getting rid of things cheap or free. I'm going to buy paint today and get started on painting the back and bottom this weekend. :)

Any flat black should be good. I used Rustoleum Flat black to do a clients 100g cichlid tank, and it's stuck just fine (3 coats). And to remove stickers, just use your everyday razor blade, just take care around the silicone.

Heres a few pics of the 100g I sprayed. BTW....sah-weet 40!!!

Thanks!

omgomgomg

:D

Huby just sent me a tank pic. My o/w clown died. I have no idea what happened. :tears: I don't understand why my b/w is fine but the o/w keep dying. I think I'm done with clowns. When I get around to it I'll get my daughter the firefish she wants. But for now I'm just going to be watching my other clown and the goby to make sure they're okay. I asked my hubby to get the body out before I get home so it won't pollute the tank. I just wish I had an answer as to what was wrong.

Archived