Top Shelf Aquatics

Full Spectrum LED tank pictures

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Its about time someone used a good choice of spectrum on one of these. Props.

Trying to keep it interesting! Thanks for feedback.

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

Now if we could fit a big optic/reflector onto this beast, it'd be perfect.

its already on its way....

1:1 neutral to RB spectrum too. Anyway, what does this chip look like over a tank!?!

^^^ Thisss!!!! WTB pics!

"We don't have enough CREE XM-L2 White stock on hand for the quantity you selected. Please try again."

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Milad LEDGroupBuy.com

"We don't have enough CREE XM-L2 White stock on hand for the quantity you selected. Please try again."

:tears: :tears: :tears:

shoot us an email

info@ledgroupbuy.com

jedimasterben

Love the Lumia 5.1. I would love it even more if we could see it over a tank!

soon.gif

Had to quote myself for it ;)

jedimasterben

So we all need to pressure Milad into making a multichip hyper violet. Like the ones AC-RC sells, but those put out, at most, around 4200mW of violet light... if the same style were made using the 430nm hyper violet, the same nine diodes would push at least 6500mW and have normal (700mA) amperage requirements (teh AC-RC chips are three strings of three in parallel, so it needs 11v 2100ma). Methinks it should happen, what say all of you? :)

Maybe if they could squeeze in twelve diodes into the package... that's 8600+..... I need new pants, guys.

So we all need to pressure Milad into making a multichip hyper violet. Like the ones AC-RC sells, but those put out, at most, around 4200mW of violet light... if the same style were made using the 430nm hyper violet, the same nine diodes would push at least 6500mW and have normal (700mA) amperage requirements (teh AC-RC chips are three strings of three in parallel, so it needs 11v 2100ma). Methinks it should happen, what say all of you? :)

Maybe if they could squeeze in twelve diodes into the package... that's 8600+..... I need new pants, guys.

That gives me an idea. Milad should use the base of the Lumina 5.1 with a channel of Cyan, another of Cool blue, one True Violet, and two hyper violet channels. so 10 Cyan, 10 CB, 10 TV, and 20 HV.

put that in the center and circle it with 2 Bridgelux 950B or 1350B and six royal blue Luxeon M...

I blinded my mind's eye trying to imagine that.

Here is my full spectrum lit tank...it is a Nano Box Reef LED build called the "Mini Tide". It is for nano tanks 14x14 and under. I have it over a Innovative Marine Nuvo 8g at the moment...

-Warm White / Neutral White / Cool White and Violet on one channel...

-Cyan / Blue / Royal blue on a second channel

-Mix of 60/80 degree optics

-Total of 13 LED's.

-Both channels are independently dimmable.

My corals love it, and so do my eyes. Love having a full spectrum LED setup. I have had AI Nano in the past, and a few DIY I built....but ended up switching back to T5HO due to me hating the crisp icy blue look of royal blue with cool white build. Well....set up a nano tank and I can't have T5's so I went with this. LOVE it.

NBR2_zps56570107.jpg

NBR3_zpsc0bb7719.jpg

NBR1_zpsd7bf1b6a.jpg

This is what the unit looks like above a tank....(mine is black):

minitide_zps1e38314d.jpg

I agree, would be pretty sweet if he made one with 3 true violet and 6 hyper violet!

jedimasterben

I agree, would be pretty sweet if he made one with 3 true violet and 6 hyper violet!

Nah - all hyper IMHO. The output of the 430nm is much higher, and the fluorescent effects are much higher, as well.

blasterman

Warm White / Neutral White / Cool White

Why in the world? What this results in is something like neutral white with elevated green.

I can't believe how fast LED's are evolving. It has only been a year at best since I built my FS array using Steve's Leds. I almost can't wait for what is to come.

I think those multichip leds are the death knell of t5 and mh.

Why in the world? What this results in is something like neutral white with elevated green.

Results in sweet coloring. Dave at Nano Box Reef, and myself have tested numerous types of LED's, from manufacturing companies, to color combos, par levels, spectrums of multiple combos....etc...etc....etc. Color looks awesome, the spectrum is amazing when blended with the other LED's listed, and the colors look awesome and are very healthy.

Paleoreef103

Nah - all hyper IMHO. The output of the 430nm is much higher, and the fluorescent effects are much higher, as well.

Honestly, no reason not to hit the 410nm cholophyll a peak with some 405nm peak or 420nm peak TVs. Yes they're less efficient, but cool blues are less efficient than royal blues and the difference between a 430 HV and a 405 TV is similar to the difference between royals (~450nm) and Cool Blues (~470-480nm) and you still advocate for using cool blues and royals. Yes, I know our eyes respond to the cool vs royal blues more decisively than we see between HV and TV, but I don't see the point in neglecting the TV range. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

The cools when combined with neutrals and warms make the light brighter/crisper and can help balance out the purplely tint you can get from using exclusively warm and neutral whites. There are obviously many ways to do this, but that's Dave's way and I respect it.

I'd never use a light where cool whites were my exclusive source of white light, but they can have uses.

jedimasterben

Honestly, no reason not to hit the 410nm cholophyll a peak with some 405nm peak or 420nm peak TVs.

Take a look at the absorption graphs of chlorophylls a and c.

chlorophyllafinal.png

chlorophyllc2.png

These two photosystems can only take in so much light. While the 430nm chips have their peak at around 428nm (precisely at the peak of chlorophyll a), they do touch on the 410-ish-nm shoulder of chlorophyll a. But again, the photosystem is limited in how much it can absorb, and because of such, I would recommend sticking to the higher-nm chips.

Yes they're less efficient, but cool blues are less efficient than royal blues and the difference between a 430 HV and a 405 TV is similar to the difference between royals (~450nm) and Cool Blues (~470-480nm) and you still advocate for using cool blues and royals. Yes, I know our eyes respond to the cool vs royal blues more decisively than we see between HV and TV, but I don't see the point in neglecting the TV range. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Royal blue and blue LEDs do two very different - one is photosynthetically significant, one is aesthetically significant. Efficiency doesn't have anything to do with it - blue LEDs put out more light than royal blue LEDs do, at least to us, it takes several royal blue LEDs to appear as 'bright' as a single blue LED. Comparing that to the low-violet range is apples and oranges.

I thought i read in one of your older posts that 410nm is more important for keeping clams. Do you still feel this is true?

Either way, if Milad made a 9 diode hyper violet that would still be pretty amazing.

Archived