inTank Media Baskets

Odontodactylus scyllarus

reeftankguy

reeftankguy
Funny that she made a new home. Completely left the PVC?

No no... Thats what she built at the mouth of the PVC.

@ ufo - As far as a small tank... She is active and happy... Good food, good company (ME) and a 3 gal. water change every week is all a creature needs... Bigger tank ppfffttt lol

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JamieSheffield

AWESOME PIC!

Thanks for sharing.

Jamie

Thanks guys...

She rebuilt her fort...

kuulmantisfort.jpg

Islandoftiki
Lol...Yeah, there are some crazy things on youtube...Like the guy hand feeding the mantis that gets smacked. Or the one that puts his finger right by the cave...just to see what happen... Silly people..

Haha, wait till I get a video of my fiance hand feeding mine. She gets bit by her parrot occasionally and that doesn't bother her.

TheUnfocusedOne
@ ufo - As far as a small tank... She is active and happy... Good food, good company (ME) and a 3 gal. water change every week is all a creature needs... Bigger tank ppfffttt lol

Like I said, I think you're doing a great job.

reeftankguy

Hi kitty kat...

Her name is Mame and she eats snails and I hand feed her raw shrimp nuggets.

You plan on getting one? I need a new club member

Hi kitty kat...

Her name is Mame and she eats snails and I hand feed her raw shrimp nuggets.

You plan on getting one? I need a new club member

Who knows what inhabitants shall live in my sump....

Funny story: when I ordered my uncured rock the first time, I sent frantic emails begging them to check my shipment to make sure no mantis HH in the rocks. Shipment was perfect. Second time around, same thing I also left frantic voice mails. So when I opened the box, what do I find there? A carefully laid out baby mantis, smasher. Was like a pinkish colored little thing. Freaked me out and made me send a glare over email to the vendor. Ha.

Hand feeding is bada$$: that requires a video or it didn't happen!

RustyRocket

sweet photos man! i like^^!! I cant take good pictures of my frogfish well and he doesnt even move, cant imagine the speedy peacock you have there~ you must have some serious photography skills~

on the side note, how do you keep the water so clear and the sand bed so clean in a predator tank =3=? its like picture perfect for most shots!!

reeftankguy
sweet photos man! i like^^!! I cant take good pictures of my frogfish well and he doesnt even move, cant imagine the speedy peacock you have there~ you must have some serious photography skills~

on the side note, how do you keep the water so clear and the sand bed so clean in a predator tank =3=? its like picture perfect for most shots!!

Its a low light (deepwater) tank. So with dedicated W/C's, cleaning up the carnage after she eats and not enough light, algae doesnt stand a chance.

Those are all iPhone 4s pictures and videos...

Looks nice old man,

Thanks sweetie... now gfy...lol

Who knows what inhabitants shall live in my sump....

Funny story: when I ordered my uncured rock the first time, I sent frantic emails begging them to check my shipment to make sure no mantis HH in the rocks. Shipment was perfect. Second time around, same thing I also left frantic voice mails. So when I opened the box, what do I find there? A carefully laid out baby mantis, smasher. Was like a pinkish colored little thing. Freaked me out and made me send a glare over email to the vendor. Ha.

Hand feeding is bada$$: that requires a video or it didn't happen!

Lol... Next time your in Texas come help me. I feed, you video with amazement! :flower:

reeftankguy

Well... Its a sad day for me and also a happy one... I've been trying to get a Rare Scolly from a fellow in Shreveport and he forced me to sweet'n the deal by throwing in my Peacock... :tears:

Anyway the good news is you dont have to worry about her being in a smaller tank. As soon as she comes back out from here Molting seclusion I will be delivering her and picking up my newest Scolly... It will make 3 now for my ADA tank.

Anyway... I also have ordered a "Gonodactylus Chiragra" since it will be a good fit for the CAD 12g... ;)

reeftankguy

Wait till you see the Scolly... Its real fluffieh

Plus I am getting another Mantis more suitable for a 12g...

TheUnfocusedOne
Yeah I saw that, they change colors with each molt do they not?

No, they only change colors when adapting to the new lighting conditions of the tank. Once acclimated to the light, they'll cease to change anymore.

reeftankguy

Acually a peacock doesnt change colors after a molt ime

She has maintained the same colors after a molt. We will see after this one is over. Its been two days now and she is still in seclusion.

I heard that they will lighten up and get shell rot if exposed to high lighting levels...

Archived