Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ballz' 2.5G Dwarf Puffer Tank

iball1804

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dwarf puffers are so awesome. Had 3 in a 10 gallon for about 6 months before going to marine. Didn't want to deal with two types of water.

Deffinately go with at least one larger plant. You could also add a ghost shrimp to clean up some of the mess since the puffers are messy eaters. There is a slight chance the puffer will eat the shrimp but it's a rare case. Once it happens though, you likely can't add anouther shrimp without it being doomed as well.

You get the puffer from aquatic critter?

Yeah they tank will get filled up with plants sooner than later!

No, while I first saw DPs at Aquatic Critter, I got mine at Fins of Franklin.

I don't really care a lot for Aquatic critter. ok for fish but seldom good to get coral from. Never been to Fins. How is that place? Worth making an hour drive for?

You should trade in the fish in your ten gallon for some puffers

I really want to. I will in the future, probably, but after my RSM is up and running.

Almond leave for tannins!!!!! Your puffer will thank you also a mangrove :D

Edit: wait a second,do you know where Johnson city is?

FW Mangrove?! :huh: No, I don't. Is it far from Franklin?

I don't really care a lot for Aquatic critter. ok for fish but seldom good to get coral from. Never been to Fins. How is that place? Worth making an hour drive for?

Yeah, I've been there a couple times. Liked the fish, but :bling: for the corals. Not worth it IMO.

How much was the puffer? I want one..

3.99 :lol:

You should trade in the fish in your ten gallon for some puffers

lolololololol Her parents won't let her.

FW Mangrove?! :huh: No, I don't. Is it far from Franklin?

Yeah, I've been there a couple times. Liked the fish, but :bling: for the corals. Not worth it IMO.

3.99 :lol:

lolololololol Her parents won't let her.

Mangroves are actually FW but have a resistance to salt, JC is a two hour drive from Knoxville and a thirty min. drive from kingsport

DP made it past the night! It scares me how skinny he is. In thinking of doing multiple feedings of smaller quantities each day until he is fit enough. :unsure:

But yeah the tank looks fine! It's coming along :happy:

I'm treating with Parasite Guard. It's a combination of metro, praziquantel, and a bunch of other crap.

Hopefully this cures his parasite issues.

Mangroves are actually FW but have a resistance to salt

my 10g fw is full of growing mangroves. They look very nice and the fish love them.

Holy moly....I can have a mangrove???? I've been wanting one, but can't do it with the hood on my NC12. I will definitely be looking into it for my FW tank. So cool :)

Bleh. Puffer had too many parasites and too skinny to begin with: he died. The creek plant I found added some type of FW cyano, and it's everywhere. I'm going to take it down. :(

Archived