Innovative Marine Aquariums

Double Vortech & Radion 60g Cube

Criley7

I'm not sure if they have a name or not. I'll post some better pictures today or tomorrow.

Thank you Gramophone!

Just name them 'Crye's Ultra Biohazards' fits.

Question: how, if u can explain, do the 2 vortechs work together? I'm thinking about getting another one for alternating currents, but not sure if it's going to do what I want it to. Thx

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just name them 'Crye's Ultra Biohazards' fits.

Question: how, if u can explain, do the 2 vortechs work together? I'm thinking about getting another one for alternating currents, but not sure if it's going to do what I want it to. Thx

If you have the wireless models you can sync them together. When they are paired they can be set into different waves modes. Once in those modes they will work together to create a certain wave size/ length. Or they could create random flows that are great for coral IMO. IF you look on youtube they have videos of people actually making large waves by getting the pumps to work together properly. Another good thing about them is that they create a natural under toe so it helps to lift detritus and debris off the sand bed to keep it clean.

Yea I took a few FTS about a month ago that I never posted. Just during that time I switched to water changes every 2 weeks instead of every week. Its from maintaining a higher magnesium level longer without doing a water change (decreases mag) so thats all I can think of that would have caused it to explode. But It looks really good and I'm happy about it taking off so quickly.

The tank looks great! I think you need a few more sticks up top :)

Thanks! Yea I just sold all my SPS but 2-3 colonies because I didn't have enough time for the tank. So I think now that I am settled into the new job I should be able to add one or two SPS frags. Its impossible to tell in the pictures but I actually have 9 Maxi Mini Carpets at the top of the tank that I kinda used to replace the SPS.

Gotta agree with your Pop, nice coraline!

HAHA Thanks Spiro!

Funny though. I finally posted all those pictures and all you commented on was the coraline growth. :haha:

That's because you know the tank looks amazing and everyone usually just comments on the corals.

Idk about that, but thank you! I'm actual gonna remove all my coral and get rid of all my rock and start over. I need a place to keep my coral so I was hoping mike would hold it for a few weeks.

Idk about that, but thank you! I'm actual gonna remove all my coral and get rid of all my rock and start over. I need a place to keep my coral so I was hoping mike would hold it for a few weeks.

He might. I don't know. That's a lot of coral to hold. Why start over?

Tank is looking awesome!

Thanks Man! Let me know when you recuperate your funds from that $1000 and Ill get you some pictures of everything you might wanna buy. Look through all my picture also and if there is something you see that you like let me know and Ill shoot you a price.

What's this? Redo?

Guess I missed it, why Criley?

I have thought about treating with peroxide but that would involve me tearing apart the whole scape anyway to do dips in the solution. I syphon the Dino's out when I do water changes but it isn't enough. Or I'm not doing it enough.

im thinking about restarting my tank also due to cyano, gha, and not pest anemones in the tank. on top of that i really never liked the scape and rocks i have in the tank. as soon as i get my 10g set up which i think will be my favorite tank then im going to tear down my 25 and start over

Archived