Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Double Vortech & Radion 60g Cube

Criley7

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just bought some zombie snails hahaha reef of the month here

haha nice! How do you like the goby/ pistol pair so far?

Thanks! He does sift constantly but its hard to tell ow much is him. I have a huge CUC, a sand sifting star, and a Tiger Conch. But he definitely doesn't hurt the situation.

I would reccommend a small conch to stir up the sand bed better.

I'll probably give one a try when i go to the lfs next week.

Nice pictures.

I'm about to set up my radion, any reccomended settings for acclimating corals?

Thanks! I Just started my intensity around 40% and increased it 5% every week or two until I got to the desired setting which I am happy at 70% now. I am able to grow SPS on the bottom of a 24" tall tank at 70% intensity. I also made a custom setting the was just like the natural setting by having sunrise and sunset, only differences are that I have more blue in my spectrum than natural, and the intensity never reaches 100%.

I'll probably give one a try when i go to the lfs next week.

Do it!

Awesome tank, whens the next FTS :P

Thanks! I'm looking to add another large piece or so to the top portion of my aquascape. It needs to be filled in more otherwise The FTS might be a little empty looking. Soon though.

I really like your choices in fish. What is your current stocking?

Thank you.

Currently my list is:

1 Yellow Assessor

3 Blue Chromis

1 Baby Hippo tang(I got him the size of a penny, now he's the size of a quarter)

1 Blue Margin Fairy Wrasse

1 Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse

1 Yellow Watchman Goby

1 Twin Spot Goby

1 Red Banded Prawn Goby

A Pair of False Perculas

i saw a pair of two spots and i really wanted to get them! are yours eating frozen? my LFS says they do but im not sure.

Mine has been eating New Life Spectrum Pellets. I feed that 99% of the time anyway. So I'm sure he would eat frozen. Really though if you feed the tank heavy enough he would be sustained by just sifting through the sand and No additional feeding. I do this and haven't actually fed my YWG in a year now.

I just added the yellow assessor to the list. I forgot about him since he has been hiding a lot. The gobies get along well. They never fight because they each have their own den on opposite ends of the tank. But when they roam around at feeding time, they puff up and open their mouths real wide, but that's it. They never get physical and it ends almost as quickly as it starts.

haha nice! How do you like the goby/ pistol pair so far?

They're alright just hiding most of the time. And my zombie snails died when it arrived I think :( When you got yours how long did it take them to move?

That's quite a stocking list. Everything looks good in your tank. Have any closeups or the corals?

Yea I'm definitely gonna go with fully stock for $1000 Alex Trebek. Haha I do have some recent coral pictures pages 29-31. But I'm going to work on getting some more. Thanks again.

They're alright just hiding most of the time. And my zombie snails died when it arrived I think :( When you got yours how long did it take them to move?

Yea they will probally hide a lot during the first few weeks until they are established and happy in one spot. Whenever I have bought Nassarius snails(zombie snails) they would immediately start moving. They only snails that go dormant on me are Ceriths. Where did you get them from?

Yea they will probally hide a lot during the first few weeks until they are established and happy in one spot. Whenever I have bought Nassarius snails(zombie snails) they would immediately start moving. They only snails that go dormant on me are Ceriths. Where did you get them from?

reef cleaners. They got good customer service. and yeah i cant get the yasha or pistol to come out even during feeding time. but its w.e ill just wait it out

Archived