Coral Vue Hydros

43g Rimless Miracles Reef

cbort

albertthiel
Yup, the tank is crystal clear. Best quality tank I have seen, besides an Elos.

Yes I checked it up on the Net and that is indeed what I found. No color shading of the glass and no distortion and great quality but ... $$$ more than regular glass ... but those who have it seem to all say that it is definitely worth it

Albert

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, time for a long overdue update!

First off some pics of the upgraded gadgets and my temporary mounting...

43gtank12.jpg

43gtank9.jpg

43gtank8.jpg

43gtank11.jpg

43gtank13.jpg

43gtank10.jpg

Some updated tank photos. A few are from a few months ago and some are from last night.

43gtank14.jpg

43gtank15.jpg

43gtank16.jpg

40gtank2.jpg

40gtank5.jpg

40gtank6.jpg

43gtank1.jpg

43gtank3.jpg

43gtank7.jpg

Found a 6'x6'x30" FS and thought of this thread.

Glad I did, nice stuff bra'.

Thanks man! 6'x6'x30" WOW! Talk about a dream tank! Maybe a retirement tank! Lol

Very nice!!! B)

Thanks!

albertthiel
Thanks man! 6'x6'x30" WOW! Talk about a dream tank! Maybe a retirement tank! Lol

Thanks!

Did you get a 6ft by 6ft by 30 in tank ... that is 6x6x2.5x7.86 gallons or about 700 gallons or am I misunderstanding something here ...

Did you get a 6ft by 6ft by 30 in tank ... that is 6x6x2.5x7.86 gallons or about 700 gallons or am I misunderstanding something here ...

Used to have a 48x48x28T cube. I think he was saying the 6x6x30" reminded him of my old tank.

this tank needs a update! i hear he got the radions in !

Update coming soon!

Contemplated purchasing the Ecotech Radion Hanging Kit, but figured for 45.00 i could probably make one on my own. So here is what I've got so far:

DSC_0111-4.jpg

DSC_0112-4.jpg

DSC_0113-4.jpgDSC_0114-4.jpg

Didn't really like the look of the bare wire, and my electric connections looked a bit on the redneck side, so i spruced it up a little with some rubber casings that shrink when you put your wife's hair dryer over them on high! :)

DSC_0115-4.jpg

DSC_0116-3.jpg

DSC_0117-3.jpg

Don't mind the wires, still trying to get everything level before finishing touches.

DSC_0118-4.jpgDSC_0119-4.jpg

DSC_0120-3.jpg

DSC_0121-2.jpg

And finally my favorite part so far about the Radion is the open top of the tank, better view from top down, and more working room for me!

Radion21.jpg

Ecotech radions? I want those....lol

Yup just 1 for now. Another to come soon.

The tank looks great with the Radion! How do you like it so far? What do you have it set at?

Thanks Spirofucci! Love the Radion thus far! It's a great fixture! Really looking forward to Apple compatibility! I have an iMac, iPad, iPhone, so Apple compatibility is gonna be great! Looking forward to putting another on, but 1 is doing great so far! Running artificial mode right now and loving it!

Nice! I've been thinking about the Radion. If kessil ever ones out with a controllable led I'm buying it.

Nice! I've been thinking about the Radion. If kessil ever ones out with a controllable led I'm buying it.

I am really liking the Radion. Colors as you can tell are endless. I can't wait to be sittin on the couch changing the color of my lights with my iPad. Not to mention I've heard the new pucks will have both white and blue 5w LEDs.

Yeah, I'm planning on getting the ecotech radion for my next tank. :D

I'd recommend it! Wish I were closer to your tank! I want all your corals you have for sale!

Have you heard anything concrete about them having mac compatibility?

Oh, I forgot to mention, nice job on the hangers!

Have you heard anything concrete about them having mac compatibility?

Oh, I forgot to mention, nice job on the hangers!

I dunno about "concrete", but if reef builders puts it on their page, generally it's pretty concrete:

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/05/16/ecosmart-live/

It also has a link about the new Radion TIR Lens Clusters:

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/05/16/tir-lens-radion-ecotech/

Looks great man..spread looks very even.

Thanks Eugene! I have yet to get home at a decent time to get "full sunlight" pics. Most of the pics have been at night or in Demo mode, the spread is actually really great! When they said 24x24, I was a little worried, but my aqua scape helps that I think too. I really want to start on the dosing equipment, so I may put the second Radion on hold just a bit while I get a dosing setup and controller.

I knew about the hockey puck, but did not hear about the new platform. Thanks for the link!!!

Ya it's pretty exciting! Good thing about it is, it's pretty much the end of June already, so any day now it should be ready!

Archived