Coral Vue Hydros

43g Rimless Miracles Reef

cbort

Builder Anthony

just drive on the sidewalk alot of people turn to mush that drive i n the streets.@Wear a helmet too.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just drive on the sidewalk alot of people turn to mush that drive i n the streets.@Wear a helmet too.

Thanks for the advice! They've been a lot of fun to ride so far. Big difference when you ride a good quality bike!

Another quick update. Purchased this:

4db1f87c.jpg

But then found a great deal on these:

7b519386.jpg

3a39db5f.jpg

d63d9843.jpg

d00544aa.jpg

So I suppose I will throw all three on, but will probably only need 2 of them.

More pics to come when they ship.

Your tank is always looking good and clean. But I think I'm gonna have a stroke trying to figure out wheher or not your staying in the hobby. Lol

Sorry everyone, I have been putting my fish money elsewhere lately now that it's summer:

d9e429ee.jpg

Also built my wife a custom bike also:

559f1e21.jpg

But I do have a small update, I just purchased an MP10 and will be tracking down another shortly. Also will be upgrading the lights too, tho i have yet to decide what to upgrade to.

How do you like the SRAMs? I think they're freakin awesome. Better than shimano.

albertthiel

Great purchase indeed in fact I saw them in operation and demoed today when I visited Pure Reef LFS this morning ... very nice but did you figure out how to regulate them when you have two of them set up on the tank (at least that is what they had at the LFS).

The result was great in the end but they had to fiddle with them for quite some time before they got them working the way the owner wanted them to function ...

Albert

Thanks for the advice! They've been a lot of fun to ride so far. Big difference when you ride a good quality bike!

Another quick update. Purchased this:

4db1f87c.jpg

But then found a great deal on these:

7b519386.jpg

3a39db5f.jpg

d63d9843.jpg

d00544aa.jpg

So I suppose I will throw all three on, but will probably only need 2 of them.

More pics to come when they ship.

Your tank is always looking good and clean. But I think I'm gonna have a stroke trying to figure out wheher or not your staying in the hobby. Lol

Never getting out of the hobby, just never satisfied! I am an equipment junky Lol... In the last 8-9 years I have been out of the hobby once. But, I will say this Miracles tank is top notch and all the equipment I have added to it has been high end. I am really finally beginning to enjoy the hobby without the itch to upgrade. Glad you've liked my tanks.

How do you like the SRAMs? I think they're freakin awesome. Better than shimano.

I bought my speed concept with the SRAM Apex group set and really like it. Shifts great and it's easy to use. When I do upgrade will be to Reds tho! What do you ride?

Great purchase indeed in fact I saw them in operation and demoed today when I visited Pure Reef LFS this morning ... very nice but did you figure out how to regulate them when you have two of them set up on the tank (at least that is what they had at the LFS).

The result was great in the end but they had to fiddle with them for quite some time before they got them working the way the owner wanted them to function ...

Albert

I am really excited to get these! Before spending 2500.00 on bikes, I was getting ready to purchase 2 MP10w es units and 2 Radions. So now I am trying to catch my tank up to my previous plans tho dropping another 1500.00 on a set of lights won't be happening too soon. May just go with Ai Sol Blues instead. I have watched a few setup videos on YouTube and looks pretty simple to set up. But I guess we will see next week! Lol

I ride a Neuvation F100. Sram rival front and rear derailleur, Sram Force cranks and shifters. Pretty sick ride if you ask me. Shifting wise, not as smooth as Shimano, but the response is really quick. I like the shifters better too. More ergonomic. lol

Nice tank btw.

Bikes, what a silly hobby.

$1500 on two tiny light fixtures makes more sense some how. :P

I actually just started keeping SPS thanks to you and Hype. I'm also never satisfied thanks to you and Hype, but lets not get in to that.

I ride a Neuvation F100. Sram rival front and rear derailleur, Sram Force cranks and shifters. Pretty sick ride if you ask me. Shifting wise, not as smooth as Shimano, but the response is really quick. I like the shifters better too. More ergonomic. lol

Nice tank btw.

Nice! Currently I am trying to get the wife's distance up. We ride 5-10 miles and she is ready to call it quits. At 5-10 miles, I usually begin to break a sweat! Lol. But I guess that's the difference from a track/CC college athlete compared to a cheer leader! Lol She will eventually get there. She had a mountain bike before I built her new bike and the difference was night and day!

Bikes, what a silly hobby.

$1500 on two tiny light fixtures makes more sense some how. :P

I actually just started keeping SPS thanks to you and Hype. I'm also never satisfied thanks to you and Hype, but lets not get in to that.

I agree especially when I could just be relaxing on the couch watching my tank! Lol

I too blame my addiction on other reefers! Just today she asked me "do you really need the silly pumps?" and I said "yes honey I do, all the other reefers have them!" :) she didn't go for it until I gave her the puppy dog eyes...works every time!

albertthiel

What do you consider a great deal on those if I may ask ...

Albert

Albert

What do you consider a great deal on those if I may ask ...

Albert

Below their used fair market value! :)

Another small update...MP10 non es arrived and installed. Neat but glad i never dropped cash on a new unit when they first came out.

Also, Just ordered a 1/2 lb. of polycaprolactone. Not sure if anyone has seen the video on YouTube:

But figured I would give it a try. Looks pretty easy and I am tired of picking up frags. Going to finally try to mount my frags permanently.

I think I finally found the lights to power my baby! The Ai Vegas looks like the exact light I have been waiting for. If you have been living under a rock like myself and haven't seen this(I literally just saw it yesterday) here it is:

The other two MP10w Es units should be here in the next day or two and will get pics up!

albertthiel

Yes it can be used to mold a base for frags and for many other applications if you want to make special forms using that material yourself

Here is a link to a better explanation of it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycaprolactone

Another small update...MP10 non es arrived and installed. Neat but glad i never dropped cash on a new unit when they first came out.

Also, Just ordered a 1/2 lb. of polycaprolactone. Not sure if anyone has seen the video on YouTube:

I'll need to take a look at the video on the lights ... Sounds like you are really planning all of this real well ... so good luck with the tank

Albert

--

I think I finally found the lights to power my baby! The Ai Vegas looks like the exact light I have been waiting for. If you have been living under a rock like myself and haven't seen this(I literally just saw it yesterday) here it is:

The other two MP10w Es units should be here in the next day or two and will get pics up!

I'll need to take a look at the video on the lights ... Sounds like you are really planning all of this real well ... so good luck with the tank

Albert

Keep the updates coming along!! :)

Just got he all cleaned up, getting a water change done, and fillin up the ATO. Once everything settles and comes back out will take a nice batch of new pics!

Yes it can be used to mold a base for frags and for many other applications if you want to make special forms using that material yourself

Here is a link to a better explanation of it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycaprolactone

Albert

Ya I saw the video a while ago, just didn't know where to find the stuff. Found some on eBay for 12.00. Figured it was cheap enough to give it a try. Gonna see if I can redo some of my rock structure with it also.

I keep getting the itch to purchase some killer frag packs, but have kept to finishing my equipment first. I want to have the system to support the killer frags!

albertthiel

The ES hey ... nice ...

Albert

Fingers crossed the MP10w ES units ship today!! fingerscrossed

Can't wait to start making some waves!

Very nice setup and super clean!! I don't know if you mentioned this before but can you provide the glass thickness of you tank?

Thanks,

The ES hey ... nice ...

Albert

Yes, got the two MP10wes paired and creating waves, while the regular MP10 blue box is on the side creating some random flow. I am allowing the dust to settle and will post pics!

Very nice setup and super clean!! I don't know if you mentioned this before but can you provide the glass thickness of you tank?

Thanks,

Thanks! I don't think I mentioned it either, but the tank is 1/2" starphire

albertthiel
Yes, got the two MP10wes paired and creating waves, while the regular MP10 blue box is on the side creating some random flow. I am allowing the dust to settle and will post pics!

Thanks! I don't think I mentioned it either, but the tank is 1/2" starphire

Nice ... no colored tint to the glass then ...

Albert

Nice ... no colored tint to the glass then ...

Albert

Yup, the tank is crystal clear. Best quality tank I have seen, besides an Elos.

Archived