ReefCleaners.org

Stoops718's 12 Gallon Fluval Edge

Stoops718

I got a frozen 'bar' from Manhattan aquariums, it's almost like a popsicle, or frozen yogurt in a tube, you push out from the bottom of the tube like toothpaste and just swirl it in the water, so it is much less food than a cube would be (this is in the BC 14 so small tank obviously). But the bar allows just as much feed as you want as opposed to dumping in a whole cube.

http://www.freezerbar.com ?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my rule is i gave the fish 1 min and 25 secs to eat, so it went to being a half a cube of mysis and 1/4 of brine. Took me about 4 feedings to get it down right, i feed two times a day. my Corals (even tho i dont have alot..)are fed every Friday night.

Thanks for the info.

Updated my FTS. Sorry for the iPhone pics. Just so much more convenient. Another question. Would a Pistol shrimp pair up with my Firefish? I know of one case where they have.

post-66032-1328208455_thumb.jpg

post-66032-1328208462_thumb.jpg

Updated my FTS. Sorry for the iPhone pics. Just so much more convenient. Another question. Would a Pistol shrimp pair up with my Firefish? I know of one case where they have.

post-66032-1328208455_thumb.jpg

That's cool rockwork. It's going to look killer when the corals grow out. I wish I had one of your green mushrooms.

I think the firefish and pistol pair is a rare thing. Never heard of it.

That's cool rockwork. It's going to look killer when the corals grow out. I wish I had one of your green mushrooms.

I think the firefish and pistol pair is a rare thing. Never heard of it.

Thanks! That means a lot to a n00b like me. The pics don't do my green mushrooms justice. They are almost glowing. They seem to be really thriving in my tank and my emerald crab loves to hide under them like a blanket. Maybe if they over grow I can frag one and ship it to you. Only after some more experience of course. Any suggestions for a tall coral I can put on the sand bed in that empty space on right side? I was thinking maybe some Xenia or a Purple Whip but I don't want it to over take my tank.

Nice pis man!

Thanks. I need to stop being lazy and figure out the best settings with my Olympus Pen to take tank shots. Any suggestions on Aquarium photography (settings and what not)?

Thanks. I need to stop being lazy and figure out the best settings with my Olympus Pen to take tank shots. Any suggestions on Aquarium photography (settings and what not)?

Wish i can help but alot of people on her buy nice cams for there tanks....siwelk.....:D

I clicked your personal info/link. PlayBoy nipple covers? :lol:

LOL!!! That was my last job at an intimate apparel company. One of the more fun packaging designs I did.

Your tank is looking good!

Here is my update ;)

Keep up the good work!

post-70098-1328270029_thumb.jpg

post-70098-1328270021_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Your's looks great too. Your Zoas and Palys look awesome. What lighting are you using again?

Thanks! I hsbe changed my rocks again. They go even higher

Now, im very happy with the result. Put a load more zoas in the tank too and a few turbos as my glass gets slightly green every day. My lighting is the same as yours. Eco picos. They are mounted close to the surface of the water.

BUT... I have just ordered a massive 12 x 3w CREE LED upgrade that will increase the PAR significantly. I'll be able to grow most SPS! Excited.

All I can say is, rapidled.com rule!

I seen some guy mod his fluval edge 46L hood with the same DIY LED RETRO FIT KIT.

Check it out. Once I receive it, I'll share my build with you.

Here is the link for the LEDs

http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-259/Bi...ofit-Kit/Detail

Here is the link for a successful mod using this kit

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f97/fluv...fit-180082.html

Hope this inspires you as much as It did me!

*have.

Spelling error.. On my iPhone here! :)

Your tank is looking good!

Here is my update ;)

Keep up the good work!

post-70098-1328270021_thumb.jpg

tang? really? Im not part of the police, but that is a strange sight in a 12g tall thank. It still looks nice though.

I believe you are getting a AI Nano! Excited to see what it looks like! Which one did you go for? Blue???

Oh and the Tang has a new larger home now :( sad to see him go

Archived