Cultivated Reef

Tbones Back In The Game Solana

Tbone675

Deleted User 4

Ehhh, I was thinking shorter hours period but that could work. I feel like maybe your sps are bleaching...not from the pics but the way you mentioned it earlier about red planet might be due to too much lighting hours..

But yeah higher intensity with shorter hours sounds like it'll work. Just don't go 100%, maybe 85% max.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely gorgeous. MAYBE, one day, I can have a tank this colorful. Love the layout, scape, coral placement, everything. If this isn't TOTM before the end of the year, I'll have my doubts about the selection process. Whatever you're doing, just keep doing it.

Nice tank! Everything looks great in there! I really don't know much about lighting sprectrums, but I have my Radion set in natural mode at 100% for 12 hours and I think I have pretty nice color on my sps.

Although my red planet is not that colorful, lol.

^thanks man!!! never dreamed i would be even considered even close to the TOTM league!

No thanks needed. IMO, easily one of the best on this site. Just keep it up, and keep taking photos, please.

i think ill borrow my friends DLSR. try to get a little more detail for ya. i guess you dont know how well it is going when you look at it every day.

Maybe not... but still. One of the few tanks I've stopped, called my wife over to see, and she actually showed interest. More and higher quality pics would be great, but not being a photo critic I think everything looks great. Last post before I become some weird fanboy sucka$$.

BTW, consider an avatar with SOME kind of domestic vehicle, ratrides make me sick.

Awesome! I hope my Solana grows up to be just like yours. I am also running 2 mp10's But I haven't dropped the loot on a radion yet. Do you have it synced with the mp10's?

I love the tank man!! The radions are going to be $950!! What!! That's insanity!! I love the hobby but like many companies are trying to lower cost they raise the prices.

Still love your tank..

• 1 month later...

i changed the lighting spectrum and my coral coloration has improved. i'm starting work on the new tank but it is slow going. had a small set back when a ora red planet grew into another acro that nuked both then took out the palmers blue milli above it on a frag rack. i was not running carbon at the time so it was entirely my fault. replaced the red planet with a orange digi.

• 1 month later...

How have I not seen this thread before? I know! You don't post often, :slap:

It looks fantastic. The red planet will color up in lower light, you can try to move it lower in your tank, instead of changing the light schedule just for one frag. The photo contest has been knixed,the new format of the site doesn't allow it.

How have I not seen this thread before? I know! You don't post often, :slap:

It looks fantastic. The red planet will color up in lower light, you can try to move it lower in your tank, instead of changing the light schedule just for one frag. The photo contest has been knixed,the new format of the site doesn't allow it.

lol thanks. that stinks about the photo contest. i thought the sps would get a little nicer over time when they got used to the intensity of the leds but they have not. i will back it off a little. my tri color looks the best. it loves the light. my ora green birds nest was doing great but i kinda burnt every tip on it with too much light. these leds put out crazy intense light.

I have never seen this thread before either. Really nice tank are you still doing the upgrade?

i am! i am in the final stages of welding up the stand. i painted the back of the tank black. i have gathered some equipment. its just tanking time. its gotten so cold here in upstate ny that playing in a unheated garage so not too much fun. not to mention im kinda scared of the big livestock transfer.

Beautiful tank, you would have my vote for totm

thank you. when my sps finally grows out from the little tiny frags i stated with i will be very happy with it.

my biggest mistake so far has been that i got too many sps frags with not enough room for them all. they have encrusted into each other and started chemical warfare. i lost a really nice plamers blue milli in the cross fire. sunset monti is a fierce coral. it is taking down every thing it touches it encrusts right over zoas.

my biggest mistake so far has been that i got too many sps frags with not enough room for them all. they have encrusted into each other and started chemical warfare. i lost a really nice plamers blue milli in the cross fire. sunset monti is a fierce coral. it is taking down every thing it touches it encrusts right over zoas.

The encrusting SPS are terrorists! The branching kind you can trim and prevent them killing off each other but the encrusting stuff, including LPS needs serious real estate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived