ReefCleaners.org

Tbones Back In The Game Solana

Tbone675

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my tank is getting very mature. it is growing coralline on the glass faster than it grows green film algae. my rbta is getting so big, too big.

TeflonTomDosh
update:

2012-05-16_15-04-52_883.jpg

2012-05-16_15-14-34_52.jpg

fish

2012-05-16_15-14-05_232.jpg

2012-05-16_15-05-29_669.jpg

2012-05-16_15-05-53_965.jpg

2012-05-16_15-06-05_3.jpg

2012-05-16_15-06-23_803.jpg

2012-05-16_15-06-14_123.jpg

sps

2012-05-16_15-06-40_506.jpg

2012-05-16_15-06-50_156.jpg

2012-05-16_15-06-59_983.jpg

Love that one of the barnacle blenny pokin his head out the liverock, little creeper!

• 4 weeks later...

I am dosing b-ionic 20ml every day and I feed whenever. If I'm home I'll throw food in...no real schedule. I don't dose the tank with any type of coral food. I feed only strained frozen food. I use tropic marin pro reef salt.

• 1 month later...

Are you running this completely natural with no skimmer or chemical/physical filtration at all?

If so, my hat's off to you. You're doing a hell of a job!

Are you running this completely natural with no skimmer or chemical/physical filtration at all?

If so, my hat's off to you. You're doing a hell of a job!

no, for filtration i am running a tunze 9002, floss, chemipure elite, gfo, purigen and 2 chambers of cheato. i actually have a lot of filtration. lol.

Looks great! Stack some more high-end zoas/palys on the back please.

they are spreading so fast. im going to do a 2 month update and do some growth shots. i didn't realize how much stuff has grown until i looked back on my past pics.

• 1 month later...

this may be it for the livestock updates for a while. I am changing tanks. I recently purchased a 24x24x24 cube. the solana 20x20x20 is nice but i want a sump for easier maintenance. i will be making a custom steel stand with a sump and a frag tank built in. i want to make a separate section for the ATO reservoir and the electronics controls. the goal is to be as clutter free as possible.

Deleted User 4

Wow, how did your sps grow so fast?? lol, Radions must have contributed to the quick growth. What are you dosing? Do you have cheato alage in the back? And how often do you do water changes?

i have great growth, sps coloration is not as good as i would like. i have the radion set at 65% anymore and the ora red planet gets even whiter than it is now... i have 2 brs 1.1 dosers dosing 28mls of b-ionic daily. i do 90% wcs once every month and a half. i have 2 chambers of cheato going. one above the return pump in chamber 3 and one below the skimmer in chamber 1 both lit by jbj led fuge lights. this is the main reason for the upgrade it is a major pita to trim the chaeto, clean the pumps, change media. I WANT MY SUMP. lol i originally got this for the ease of a aio, they are easier to set up and move but now i have found a lot harder to do maintenance tasks.

Deleted User 4

Wait did you say 90% water change every 1.5 month???? Wow, never heard that one on a 34g sps ahah. Cheato helps alot. Love your onyx clowns!! Is one of them still missing a stripe?

yep it seems to be working lol. my trates and phosphates are undectible on the elos test kits so....it is working for me. lol

yes one seems as it will be a mis bar, missing a complete tail bar. they move to fast for my droid x to get a decent pic. they have finally decided who is going to be ms. and mr. they are both hosting and protecting the rbta together now. they hated each other at first. the mis bar will be the big dominate female.

i figure the sun is out 7 to 9 in the summer so why not. it hits 65% mid day. starts and ends at 0, it ramps up to 65 then back to 0 (actually i leave the rb on 2% for a moon light)

Archived