Cultivated Reef

Tbones Back In The Game Solana

Tbone675

the upgrade is still coming alone. slow but sure. finished welding the stand up yesterday. going to get it to the cabinet maker this week. when i get it back i can start taking measurements and get some more equipment together. i am contemplating the idea of a display fuge in the stand.

i ordered a apex lite with ph probe today. i want my heater on a controller for safety.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i know im overdue. i have switched to artificial mode. i have not noticed too much in coloration in the sps but the look is more aesthetically pleasing. however i did get a little too courageous with the intensity and bunt the tips of my green birds nest. i have turned the radion down and the bird nest is slowly starting to recover. that is also why i have not posted pics ive been a little embarrassed i fried my sps. (because it is not my first time doing it lol)

i have company coming over this weekend so i will have to get the tank looking good. ill snap some pics when i do.

UPDATE! These pics are taken on my new phone so they look a little different. the new pics are sharper but the color is off.

FTS (also on first page)

20130118_205040.jpg

20130118_205109.jpg
20130118_205104.jpg
20130118_203951.jpg
20130118_204034.jpg
20130118_203906.jpg
20130118_203914.jpg
20130118_204016.jpg
20130118_204013.jpg
20130118_203940.jpg

Great looking tank. I like the zoa growth on the back wall... You have done a great job on design and the growth is awesome.

arkayology has a radion over his as well... Fantastic color - if you are not seeing the coloration you want, shoot him a pm for settings and height. I am sure he would share.

my sps has more color than the photo shows. my new phone washes out the leds pretty bad.

i got my new apex lite installed. it is a really cool tool. my temp is super stable now. 77.5-78.

AquaTech1_zpsd89e3a88.png

another cool bit of info is the ph. i can now see graphically how the alk affects the ph. i was dripping in 20ml at 11 pm all at once. and you can see how big the spike is and how fast it drops off. now i have created a timer that will add 4ml 5 times through the night to try to keep the ph from dipping so far down at night.

AquaTech_zps92b3ae19.png

a controller is defiantly one of those things if you never had you wouldn't miss but once you have one you wont run another reef with out it. i just ordered the ato add on for the apex so i can run everything off the apex. its so nice to be able to pop your tank up on your smartphone and see what is happening while you are away.

you can notice that every hump before the dosing spike is steadily increasing that is because my doser was unplugged. i dont know how i unplugged it or how long it was off for but when i tested 3 days ago alk it was below 6. now alk is up to 8 and the ph is steadily rising with every cycle. im interested to see where it levels out at.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

my nem split last night. a few pics mid split.

20130531_213632_zpse2c56fc5.jpg

20130531_213623_zpse6370e6f.jpg

things have been good with the tank. its on cruise control really. im still in the slow process of setting up the deep blue 60 cube.

Archived