inTank Media Baskets

•The Magic Kingdom 3g Pico• Retired

Jacob042426

jedimasterben
should i frag my giant red mushie, or move my ric that is glued down hard? the mushie is covering it, its so big. :o

Why would you glue a ricordea?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jacob042426
Why would you glue a ricordea?

because it was attached to a very small rock and would not stay down.

Because he's 11? :o

im actually 13. :happy:

jedimasterben
because it was attached to a very small rock and would not stay down.

...... but why would you glue a ricordea?

Jacob042426

I have some stuff that I found acclimating! Should I add black sand now, or wait and get white sand?

Jacob042426

Ok, so what I found was some halymenia, scroll algae, and a flame scallop! omgomgomg I'm going to try to keep it alive, but if it doesn't do good ill put it back. I also got 3 decorator crabs and found some anemome shrimp, but they died.

jedimasterben
Ok, so what I found was some halymenia, scroll algae, and a flame scallop! omgomgomg I'm going to try to keep it alive, but if it doesn't do good ill put it back. I also got 3 decorator crabs and found some anemome shrimp, but they died.

Where are you finding this?

jedimasterben
my backyard. :)

Do you have a permit?

Also, I would be careful about sticking just anything into your tank. What if something has a disease that your tank does not? Or some sort of parasite?

And black sand or I'll kick you. :)

Jacob042426
Do you have a permit?

Also, I would be careful about sticking just anything into your tank. What if something has a disease that your tank does not? Or some sort of parasite?

And black sand or I'll kick you. :)

i don't think i need a permit because I'm not of age yet, right? i purposely added stuff that i know the names of, so i can know if something is wrong.

ill add the black sand when i do the water change and add the algae scrubber tomorrow. :P

jedimasterben
i don't think i need a permit because I'm not of age yet, right? i purposely added stuff that i know the names of, so i can know if something is wrong.

ill add the black sand when i do the water change and add the algae scrubber tomorrow. :P

If that were true, no one would get permits and would just buy children to collect anything for them. No, you need a permit to collect just about anything. Where I am, to collect some things, all that is necessary is a saltwater fishing license (the paid license, not the free one). Your milage will vary if you are in another state.

And just because you recognize a species doesn't mean that it is parasite free.

Jacob042426
If that were true, no one would get permits and would just buy children to collect anything for them. No, you need a permit to collect just about anything. Where I am, to collect some things, all that is necessary is a saltwater fishing license (the paid license, not the free one). Your milage will vary if you are in another state.

And just because you recognize a species doesn't mean that it is parasite free.

well, I'm going to take the risk. ;)

well, I'm going to take the risk. ;)

Okay, let me enlighten you on something...

It's okay to do something like taking tadpoles if you're a kid. Understandable. But tadpoles have collection laws and limits. Where I live, there are limits on even tadpoles. Sure, people don't abide by them, but they're still there, no matter what age you are. Tadpoles aren't that huge of a deal since the common frogs that are collected are very prolific. I've researched laws of my area and my country, and there are some things that. My area is very strict and has limits on things like three in legal possession limit at any time, and on many things you cannot take them at all.

I did some research for you since you're a lazy buttfark. There is no size limit on scallop collection, so you're go to go on that. The limit is very large as far as quantity you can take, so you're good to go there. From the regulations chart... "Harvest allowed only in state waters of the Gulf of Mexico from the PascoHernando county line, to the west bank of the Mexico Beach Canal in Bay

County." So, since I know you're street address general vicinity in Florida, I can say that you you have done is in fact illegal and if a FWC officer reads this, you can be fined. I watch a lot of TV shows about the FWC and I know that fines aren't too big. More than likely, they won't waste their time tracking a thirteen year old down just to fine them $100 for taking a scallop.

So what you have done IS illegal. Now that you have admitted you took a risk, you can now say you have failed. You shouldn't put the scallop back since it has been in captivity and exposed to the crap in your tanks. Good luck with keeping it alive.

If you're going to take crap from the ocean and advocate for the deterioration of your "backyard" (which isn't your backyard actually because you don't live on the beach) then AT LEAST take nice crap, like zoas. If you check out Coral Morphologic, they collect exclusively from the keys. So kinda like where you live, but not really because its a good deal away and stuff is probably very different... But CM has licenses to collect. They are stooping to you're level. ;)

I'm not angry, I'm just saying... Sometimes a crime is a stupid chaaance. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh hey, look! Jacob broke another law! :lol:

"A saltwater fishing license is required to harvest marine organisms, including plants."

Not sure about your state, but some states IIRC don't require you to have a fishing license until you're over a certain age... So you may be good to go for the algaes. ;)

Jacob042426
Okay, let me enlighten you on something...

It's okay to do something like taking tadpoles if you're a kid. Understandable. But tadpoles have collection laws and limits. Where I live, there are limits on even tadpoles. Sure, people don't abide by them, but they're still there, no matter what age you are. Tadpoles aren't that huge of a deal since the common frogs that are collected are very prolific. I've researched laws of my area and my country, and there are some things that. My area is very strict and has limits on things like three in legal possession limit at any time, and on many things you cannot take them at all.

I did some research for you since you're a lazy buttfark. There is no size limit on scallop collection, so you're go to go on that. The limit is very large as far as quantity you can take, so you're good to go there. From the regulations chart... "Harvest allowed only in state waters of the Gulf of Mexico from the PascoHernando county line, to the west bank of the Mexico Beach Canal in Bay

County." So, since I know you're street address general vicinity in Florida, I can say that you you have done is in fact illegal and if a FWC officer reads this, you can be fined. I watch a lot of TV shows about the FWC and I know that fines aren't too big. More than likely, they won't waste their time tracking a thirteen year old down just to fine them $100 for taking a scallop.

So what you have done IS illegal. Now that you have admitted you took a risk, you can now say you have failed. You shouldn't put the scallop back since it has been in captivity and exposed to the crap in your tanks. Good luck with keeping it alive.

If you're going to take crap from the ocean and advocate for the deterioration of your "backyard" (which isn't your backyard actually because you don't live on the beach) then AT LEAST take nice crap, like zoas. If you check out Coral Morphologic, they collect exclusively from the keys. So kinda like where you live, but not really because its a good deal away and stuff is probably very different... But CM has licenses to collect. They are stooping to you're level. ;)

I'm not angry, I'm just saying... Sometimes a crime is a stupid chaaance. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh hey, look! Jacob broke another law! :lol:

"A saltwater fishing license is required to harvest marine organisms, including plants."

Not sure about your state, but some states IIRC don't require you to have a fishing license until you're over a certain age... So you may be good to go for the algaes. ;)

I'm going to put the scallop back, now that I think of it I have no chance of keeping it alive. Pj86 evn had trouble with his. It'll have a better chance to survive if I put it back even though it has been in my tank. I'll keep the algae, though. Reef gardener also gets a lot of her stuff from the keys too. I'm sure y'all have noticed I have problems thinking before I do. :P

And actually, believe it or not, my grandma has been planning on getting me my Florida fishing for life license for a while because it's cheaper when you're younger. :P

Not sure about your state, but some states IIRC don't require you to have a fishing license until you're over a certain age... So you may be good to go for the algaes.[/i] ;)

exactly! I thought I was still of age. I think once your 16 or something you won't need you're license.

Archived