inTank Media Baskets

Euphyllia's Greenhouse - Highland Jungle

Euphyllia

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
your getting me into plants. damn you! im gonna have to start a garden in my room :D

Haha, it's just inside until I get the greenhouse set up. :)

Mounted

2whfo79.jpg

The leaves aren't actually rotting... This species of tillandsia is suppose to look like that... :eek:

zmglm0.jpg

In the tank

1zbe4ug.jpg

TOP-DOWN FTS

2q89eo1.jpg

There are four vines on the N. ventricosa x talagensis that I'm hoping will turn into nice pitchers. I read on a care guide that rapid changes in humidity (hot, dry bathroom to warm, wet "terrarium") can cause them to produce pitchers, so hopefully this will help the development.

9ftik9.jpg

ixcj7b.jpg

2ry2ff8.jpg

I finally figured out a way to completely seal-off the tank! :)

Humidity - 90%

2n6t5wj.jpg

As you can see through the moisture-collective glass, there is a small container filled with RO water on the right. There are actually three in the tank. One on the right, one on the left and another in the center. This will be my way of keeping the humidity at a high, constant level so that the nepenthes do the best they possibly can.

ivx28p.jpg

On the left you can see another container of RO water. In the center is a big clump of moist spanish moss, and on the right you can see the pot of the N. ventricosa x talangensis.

9ghdec.jpg

Looks good, they look like their forming pitchers.......

Nope. They typically don't produce pitchers while in transitions of growing conditions. They also don't tend to flower during the winter. The tendrils may last until summer, but old tendrils usually don't produce pitchers. :(

:tears:

Gonna start a time lapse slideshow of the plant shooting up it's little leaf-crating stem vine.

12/15/11

2wfom6h.jpg

12/16/11

124vuqg.jpg

Nice vid, there was no talking as your music was so loud. Hate that song her voice is so annoying I want to punch her.

Plants look happy though and your Humidity is only at 95% thought is was at 100%

Either way they look happy.

Nice vid, there was no talking as your music was so loud. Hate that song her voice is so annoying I want to punch her.

Plants look happy though and your Humidity is only at 95% thought is was at 100%

Either way they look happy.

It was at 100%, but it dropped to 95%. I want it to stay around 75% actually because I don't like having to dry out my spanish moss every five seconds.

Archived