Top Shelf Aquatics

Danielle's • NC24 • Moderately updated • FTS 5/26

surgicalsense

I have to call you anyways. It has been very crazy that is for sure.

Cool, I am home all day! Acclimating a fish with my sister and niece right now but in an hour or two I am free. ;)

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hellooooo :flower:

Now every time I go to SnT's and see the dendros I will think of you :)

Trochus kicked the bucket, eh? It was definitely on it's way out when I visited that Saturday. He was a giant snail!!!!!

Glad to see you settling in again. Can't wait till you start stocking the tank again :happydance: <----the happy frag dance :lol:

albertthiel
I would send u xenia but it does not ship very well for some reason...the last few times I have tried it just melted :(

Xenia may have toxic slime on itself and if it gets shipped with that slime on it the Xenia usually does not make it.

If you remove it from the water and hold it upside down above some tank water and let it drip off, then put it in the water and get it real wet again and slosh it around somewhat and then hold it back out of the water upside down and let the water drip off again, and do this a few times, and then bag it in water for shipping you are greatly increasing the chances that it will arrive in good shape. Not guaranteed but I know it works in most cases.

Albert

Xenia may have toxic slime on itself and if it gets shipped with that slime on it the Xenia usually does not make it.

If you remove it from the water and hold it upside down above some tank water and let it drip off, then put it in the water and get it real wet again and slosh it around somewhat and then hold it back out of the water upside down and let the water drip off again, and do this a few times, and then bag it in water for shipping you are greatly increasing the chances that it will arrive in good shape. Not guaranteed but I know it works in most cases.

Albert

Oh...this is very interesting information, Albert!!!!!

They have a Vivid Aquariums in Albuquerque??? That's pretty cool!!!!!

albertthiel

Seems to work better than when that process is not used, but still no guarantees, but at least the chances of them getting their in good shape are increased quite a bit ...

Don't get the comment about the Vivid Aquariums ... must have been for someone else I guess Gena.

surgicalsense
Hellooooo :flower:

Now every time I go to SnT's and see the dendros I will think of you :)

Trochus kicked the bucket, eh? It was definitely on it's way out when I visited that Saturday. He was a giant snail!!!!!

Glad to see you settling in again. Can't wait till you start stocking the tank again :happydance: <----the happy frag dance :lol:

Hello darlin!

I am not sure if died due to age or someone made it a snack. But I can not purchase any frags for a bit, you know $$$ right now.

Dendra has not come back, I think it is a goner :unsure:

I would send u xenia but it does not ship very well for some reason...the last few times I have tried it just melted :(

The smaller one made it and they look good right now. I also have random mushies cropping up now that the tank is settled better.

Oh thank you my dear for offering :)

Yes, but no relation to the one in Los Angeles :mellow: ... I have to make my way over to check them out. I went to Southwest Reefing company yesterday. Shop is small but pretty stocked. I will look up Vivid here and make a trip out and report back what my findings are :P

Don't get the comment about the Vivid Aquariums ... must have been for someone else I guess Gena.

Oops...sorry for the confusion. This was for Danielle! She mentioned they have a "Vivid" LFS in her new town. We used to visit the Vivid Aquariums in California together. It's our special place :P

Hello darlin!

I am not sure if died due to age or someone made it a snack. But I can not purchase any frags for a bit, you know $$$ right now.

Dendra has not come back, I think it is a goner :unsure:

Yes, but no relation to the one in Los Angeles :mellow: ... I have to make my way over to check them out. I went to Southwest Reefing company yesterday. Shop is small but pretty stocked. I will look up Vivid here and make a trip out and report back what my findings are :P

Eventually you can fill it with new frags ;) I can wait :) Sorry about your dendros :( How exciting to have new LFS to visit.

I will look up Vivid here and make a trip out and report back what my findings are :P

Anything to report yet????

I'm missing my reefing buddy!!!!! It's sad knowing you aren't right here anymore :( You missed a baby earthquake last night and this morning :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hope all is well in the land of reefing.

Still unemployed .... so it is getting harder to keep my tank up. Frogspawn is now dead, duncan isn't looking any better. However the brain and blasto are still okay. The zoa, xenia, and what little mushies I still have are great. All fish, inverts are good. Lost my large trochus, turbo.

No $$$$ can't really keep the tank happy. Let alone purchase any new corals.

I have a huge bush of the Danyello macro. Is any one interested? 25 to ship.

:)

Still unemployed .... so it is getting harder to keep my tank up. Frogspawn is now dead, duncan isn't looking any better. However the brain and blasto are still okay. The zoa, xenia, and what little mushies I still have are great. All fish, inverts are good. Lost my large trochus, turbo.

Sorry to hear about still being jobless. :( You are very talented so I'm sure you'll find something soon. ;)

Once people know that Danyello Macro is back on the market, you'll have $$$ in no time!

Well, what a surprise :) Sorry again, about the corals :(

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping for updates, how fare thee in the new land?

Hello there. I do not have a great updates about the tank. But most of everything is still thriving except the loss of the froggy and the few snails (sorry repeat).

Albuquerque is beautiful. I do not miss the city life. Specially now that I have these 360 degree views and some wide open spaces.

Everyones tanks look so grown out and beautiful. I am please to see the success with the reefs. I am due for a WC and to feed the tank. I fly back today 9/21 and can't wait to get the heck out of Los Angeles.

... I am wondering if I should just dumb down my resume :mellow:

Hello there. I do not have a great updates about the tank. But most of everything is still thriving except the loss of the froggy and the few snails (sorry repeat).

Albuquerque is beautiful. I do not miss the city life. Specially now that I have these 360 degree views and some wide open spaces.

Everyones tanks look so grown out and beautiful. I am please to see the success with the reefs. I am due for a WC and to feed the tank. I fly back today 9/21 and can't wait to get the heck out of Los Angeles.

... I am wondering if I should just dumb down my resume :mellow:

Glad to hear you really like it in NM. Yes, sometimes you need to customize your CV for each job. Good luck kiddo! Hopefully something will come soon for ya.

You'll find something. If you ever get bored shoot me a text or a call you got the #.

Post some pics of the tank when you get back in town I miss seeing it. And I am glad your enjoying the new place, I can't wait until we get out of FL but I will hopefully have the tank stocked and grown out by then and I will hire a moving company to move it. LMAO I am not doing that again EVER!

Hope it picks up and you find something, each day is a new opportunity. ;)

Thank you buds :happy: .... yes, I will give you ring darlin (Randi) we need to catch up anyways.

Okay I finally have some good news about the tank! :happydance:

As of today, I have small pink patches of Coralline that has returned, yay! I still need to reseed the tank, so I am going to buy a small bunch of LR this weekend, I want some Tonga Branch. My LFS just got a nice size shipment in, so I will dig through that this weekend.

... I was told the change of elevation could of shocked my frogspawn, per the LFS. All my other LPS are thriving still :huh:

Purchased some new additions. No, they are not coral. Because I have an algae come back also, some hair algae. Thats what the emerald crab is for.

1 Large Fighting Conch

1 Female Emerald Crab

1 Mexico Turbo snail

..... a few other snails and I can not remember what they are :lol:

Everything else (my OG residents) is still pretty happy and stable.

Thank you buds :happy: .... yes, I will give you ring darlin (Randi) we need to catch up anyways.

Okay I finally have some good news about the tank! :happydance:

As of today, I have small pink patches of Coralline that has returned, yay! I still need to reseed the tank, so I am going to buy a small bunch of LR this weekend, I want some Tonga Branch. My LFS just got a nice size shipment in, so I will dig through that this weekend.

... I was told the change of elevation could of shocked my frogspawn, per the LFS. All my other LPS are thriving still :huh:

Purchased some new additions. No, they are not coral. Because I have an algae come back also, some hair algae. Thats what the emerald crab is for.

1 Large Fighting Conch

1 Female Emerald Crab

1 Mexico Turbo snail

..... a few other snails and I can not remember what they are :lol:

Everything else (my OG residents) is still pretty happy and stable.

Shock could be from less oxygen in the air the higher the altitude you are at ... more surface turbulence and more water flow in the tank should IMO alleviate that FWIW

• 2 weeks later...
surgicalsense

Up date! :happydance:

Purchased two beautiful pieces of Tonga Branch LR and one man-made LR and rescaped the tank. Kept the same concept with my shelve LR and etc that I had before. But now with a new and improved modified look.

Finally can start to glue my remaining coral :happy:

Pictures tomorrow after everything settles and isn't as mad.

I can not wait to share. It has been a long time.

Last female emerald crab died, but I replaced with a new one today. Male crab.

• 3 weeks later...
surgicalsense
Hope you are doing well. Likewise ... specially with all that is taking place right now :scarry:

Yes, thank you ..... I know I fumbled on posting the updated pictures (no shocker) I will post in 20 minutes.

:happy:

Yes, thank you ..... I know I fumbled on posting the updated pictures (no shocker) I will post in 20 minutes.

:happy:

Happy Halloween and I am sure the pics will come today when you have a little time to post them !

Archived