Top Shelf Aquatics

A Glowing Experience

gupebreedr

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
there are at least two categories in this contest that i see you winning in lol.

Thanks, but I'm not in this to win. I'm doing it for the enjoyment and hopefully to learn something. I like to joke around a bit with Woogs but he knows it's all in fun.

Not every reef has to be a typical set up, you can be adventurous or whimsical too. My best advice is to have fun, learn from your mistakes and research things. There is a wealth of info on this site. Don't take things too seriously, don't stress just try to maintain your tanks so whatever livestock you have is happy, healthy and thriving. Let mother nature do her job, she's going to do it anyways with or without your help. B)

Okay, I'm done!!!!! LOL

The glass gravel really makes it... looks like a 12 year old girls goldfish bowl. Epic.

Why thanks, not every salt water reef tank has to look like a regular reef. I wanted something a bit different and whimsical. After all this is a contest!!!!!!!!!

This week I added a Yellow Clown Goby and a very small frag of GSP. I also changed my PAR30 bulb to a BOOSLTLED bulb. Color is much nicer. Was hoping my goby would make an appearance for a photo shoot but he being a bit shy. I'll catch him when he's a bit more settled in and comfortable in his little city of Atlantis.

DSCN0800.jpg

DSCN0799.jpg

This week I added a Yellow Clown Goby and a very small frag of GSP. I also changed my PAR30 bulb to a BOOSLTLED bulb. Color is much nicer. Was hoping my goby would make an appearance for a photo shoot but he being a bit shy. I'll catch him when he's a bit more settled in and comfortable in his little city of Atlantis.

DSCN0800.jpg

DSCN0799.jpg

I love it! I think youre definitly off to a winning start(event if thats not your goal :) )

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guppy, post that new FTS that you put on the December FTS thread. I think this pico looks awesome

Ditto!

I found the FTS in the December thread and came to ask if it was cropping up all over or if you were strategically placing it where you want it. Also, what would it take to talk you into taking a picture of it glowing, now that its growing?

Ditto!

I found the FTS in the December thread and came to ask if it was cropping up all over or if you were strategically placing it where you want it. Also, what would it take to talk you into taking a picture of it glowing, now that its growing?

LOL, what you see growing is a very bad case of hair algae. I've not really added much of a CUC to it yet so it looks kinda nasty. I do have a small amount of GSP and a few zoas, along with my little yellow clown goby. Now that the holidays are over I can get back to taking care of all my tanks properly including my newest., "the big beast".

DSCN0823.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

I'll try to get a shot of it glowing in the next couple of days.

• 4 weeks later...

So here it is January and not too much to report about my second contest tank. I've added a few more GSP frags but they are slow going. I've so afraid of doing any serious cleaning as I fear I will scratch the tank like I did with my first entry. My yellow clown Goby is still alive and kickin'.

FTS

DSCN0865.jpg

FES

DSCN0866.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

photobucket-1089-1330551956168.jpg

photobucket-4611-1330551939596.jpg

Not too much of a change since last month other then my GSP is finally starting to spread. They yellow clown goby is still alive. The snails and hermits have help cut down on the hair algae. A small frag of colt coral has also been added but not really visible.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived