inTank Media Baskets

A Glowing Experience

gupebreedr

Well, if Rob's pico ends up ruling the pico universe, I'll give you all free entry at the Deco Club (working title) - AKA, my nightclub-themed pico. ;)

And I'll narrow my guesses down a bit...

Cool, I'll be the first in line. Me likes your title.

So anywho, what is your final answer???????

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much to report on my Glowing tank other then I did get my live rock for the fuge. I'm still waiting for someone to try and guess what my theme is going to be... Trying to keep things under wraps until some one gets it. hehehe B)

Here's another hint. It's a hot spot in the Caribbean......

Not much to report on my Glowing tank other then I did get my live rock for the fuge. I'm still waiting for soeone to try and guess what my theme is going to be... Trying to keep things under wraps until some one gets it. hehehe B)

Here's another hint. It's a hot spot in the Caribbean......

Ok, glowing + caribbean hot spot. Is it based on a place in Puerto Rico?

Ok, glowing + caribbean hot spot. Is it based on a place in Puerto Rico?

Well, you are absolutely--------------> incorrect..... Sorry, please try again. :unsure: With all the previous hints and guesses, I thought for sure someone would nail it! Come on ya', I'm wanting to post some updated pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

has to do with Atlantis for some reason...

Hey hey!!!!! You are absolutely -------------------------- >>>>>> CORRECT

:bowdown:.... :bowdown:....:bowdown: ....:bowdown:.... :bowdown:.... :bowdown:

The theme of my Walmart Deco 2 contest tank is " The Lost City of Atlantis". It's going to be cheap and tacky but full of surprises. Pictures to follow shortly.....

BP oil rig theme

\

No, but that's a good one... :)

Way to go Newman, you won bragging rights.

Welcome to

The Lost City of Atlantis

So here's promised pictures of my "Cheap and Tacky yet Sexy contest pico. I've made a few changes since my first posting, removing the sand. It was far too fine and kept blowing all over my little city covering it with what looked like snow. I will be replacing it with some new sand/gravel as soon as it arrives, it's on order. The rest of my plans will be revealed slowly as they develop. Stay tuned........

DSCN0777.jpg

DSCN0778.jpg

Encrusting montiporas to cover the whole thing!!

Sorry, wrong answer. Please try again!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

lol the monti idea isn't that bad...Atlantis has trees now?

Overall this should be a very new and interesting concept. looking forward to how you'll make this work :)

lol the monti idea isn't that bad...Atlantis has trees now?

Overall this should be a very new and interesting concept. looking forward to how you'll make this work :)

Yes Atlantis has trees, and they are green!!!!! If I can find what I'm looking for there may be more trees around Atlantis. lol

I can vision what I want this to ultimately look like when mature, it's just getting the livestock that I want and hopefully it grows somewhat quickly.

I fear you are planning on letting GSP take over that fairy tale castle!

Oh now, Kali, why did you have to go and spoil the surprise. :o That is indeed my thoughts but was hoping the GSP would grow a bit more like grass along the bottom.

loving it man, looking forward to seeing this thing over come with GSP. I just got a piece of that stuff last night for free from my LFS, along with a nice sized yellow tang :)

oh and shameless plug...check out my project thread, added a pic ;)

So it's been a few days since I've posted any type of update and pics. Here's the tank as it stands today. My new glass gravel has been added and it looks great, IMO. I'm somewhat puzzled however, I've not seen any type of cycle in this tank. I've been taking readings daily and everything comes up 0. In addition, I've not seen any type of algae growth. I'll let it go a few more days before I try and any livestock to it.

FTS

DSCN0793.jpg

Complete setup

DSCN0794.jpg

is there a reason you didnt go with sand?

Yes, SANDSTORMS LOL, I had sand in the beginning and it blew all othe tank even with the flow turned down on both the HOB and the fuge. So instead of going with a larger grained sand and keeping with my theme of Cheap(Frugal) and tacky I decided to go with the glass gravel. I have approx. 3 lbs of live sand and 3 lbs of live rock in the fuge so I would think that should be enough for any bio-load I would have in the tank. (I hope)

Big update!!!!!!!!

A glowing experience comes to life!!!!!

:happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance: .. :happydance:

First livestock added today. A little itty, bitty Yellow Clown Goby. He's doing well and is already eating flake food. I'll post pictures when he settles in a bit more.

Rob, this is really cool. I think it's great to see folks in this hobby not taking themselves too seriously. And you may win with this bad-boy! I can't wait to see this one progress!

Archived