Top Shelf Aquatics

Flexin5's 10 gallon Tank

Flexin5

A royal gramma is a different fish. I had one and it had a ton of personality. I had some agressive clowns and it didn't put up with them, and did just fine in my tank.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea i'm definatly not decided on another fish....it might just be safer to not add one.

see when i first added the pair of clowns they were all good. but the smaller one at the time got sucked into the intake tube for the filter and died. so i put another smaller one in there. well now that smaller one has grown into the same size as the other one and they constantly fight. i don't even know if the LFS would take one back since he has coral stings.

yea i'm definatly not decided on another fish....it might just be safer to not add one.

see when i first added the pair of clowns they were all good. but the smaller one at the time got sucked into the intake tube for the filter and died. so i put another smaller one in there. well now that smaller one has grown into the same size as the other one and they constantly fight. i don't even know if the LFS would take one back since he has coral stings.

Their probably trying to figure out who the female will be. How big are they?

thanks for the compliments :D the scape is made up of one big rock for each of the..islands i guess you can call it..lol then i smashed up the rock into small pieces and just kind of put it all together. whatever diden't stay in place i used the aqua putty stuff and some superglue to hold it all together.

Their probably trying to figure out who the female will be. How big are they?

ummm...they are about 1.5inches each give or take?

Why not get a small shrimp goby and a pistol shrimp? Firefish will jump, dottyback will be a total jerk especially in a smaller tank. Or a tail spot blenny, fun to watch and they help clean up and are fun to watch :)

tailspots are cool! but i haven't seen any around here that i want to get. i'm looking for a nice vibrant colored fish (don't count the black clown) the dottyback would be perfect if he wasen't an a$$.

anymore suggestions welcome tho!

here's a bit of an update :)

i ran into a old friend of mine who actually is pretty hardcore into reefing. he has a 180gal tank with a butt ton of sps etc, so he let me raid his tank..lol i snapped some pics while cleaning the tank and adding the new frags so some stuff was pissed off as you can see.

so some new frags:

green w/blue tip acro

7021337803_32786d4c03_z.jpg

green acro

6875233788_73f9310599_z.jpg

purple birdsnest

6875234952_03885ae305_z.jpg

green/teal birdsnest

7021341207_bddd66b7b7_z.jpg

pocillopora i think?

7021342357_47c594ba24_z.jpg

and just a shot of one of the florida ric.

7021343445_07447b6c27_z.jpg

and a current FTS (ok i cheated a bit and took the pic when the power head was out..lol)

7021335633_cb9cd0695c_c.jpg

and the sps island is filling in, re-arranged some stuff and got rid of some frag plugs.

6875231730_119b49a693_z.jpg

Nonetheless its an awesome tank!

thanks very much!

talking to a friend of mine today who is a photographer, he got me motivated to pick up the camera. turned out these two :)

6898049136_dec96b9e2b_z.jpg

6898050304_7edaaa213a_z.jpg

That is great! I love the zoa picture. :)

thanks nickjqz!

thought i'd toss up a quick update with some crappy pics i took real quick. some changes with the tank, got some more sps, a green acro and a purple aquavelvet, 2 superman dat hoeeeee monti's, and a small pokerstar frag. moved the zoa that was on that rock lower and just have the sps on the top.

i noticed that the one "island" with the sps was not getting alot of flow, and towards the bottom of it, next to no flow. so i had to pick up another korilla 240 power head to add to the other end. i know, i really diden't want more equipment in the tank but i want to make sure the coral get what they need.

this was right after i fed the tank so the hermits were going nuts and some stuff closed from them walking on them.

7066644063_6d89b38c8f_z.jpg

6920565560_3ccbde691d_z.jpg

i also noticed two of my sps getting kinda brown, the ones getting brown came from my friends tank who has a T5 setup, but the sps i get from my other friend who has the same LED lights are doing great, i hope they get used to the leds and color back up.

one more thing, i'm getting my hands on a 20 long tank :) i diden't want another used tank but my friend who sells frags is upgrading his quarntine tank, so he has no use for the 20long and is going to sell it to me for $25..lol so i think i'm going to pick it up, and take my time with it painting the back black, drilling it, etc etc.

looking good. Why are the skirts on your zoas all crazy looking like spikey gel hair? blasting with the powerhead are you?

thanks! you know what i have no idea? those green ones are in the lower flow area, and some zoas are like that and some are not, in flow, out of flow..it's weird, but they seem happy and are always open?

You've literally bought a metric #### load of frags. I like it. :D

thanks buddy! yea my wife is very happy about that LOL it's like a weekly thing..haha but i think i'm going to chill on it for a while and let things grow out a bit. i still have to send you that gift card for a couple of frags for your tank.

i just want to get my hands on a rainbow monti and a purple ricorda and that will be about it. when things start to grow too big i'll frag it and spread them around the tank a bit. as for livestock, maybeee another fish, don't know what yet, and some kind of starfish.

i'm having plans for that 20 long now tho lol

Archived