Top Shelf Aquatics

Flexin5's 10 gallon Tank

Flexin5

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lovin the new acans!

thanks! they are really cool when you feed them, they close up around whatever they are eating. i'm going to pick up some more next weekend, got stuck working night shifts this weekend :mellow:

Hey I'm just wondering, does that AC 110 make too much flow in your aquarium? I would like to get a 110 for my 20 gallon once I get it but idk if it will create too much flow.

Looks so awesome!

Love the new frags :happy: , I would ditch that crab soon sounds like he is a little bugger! :angry:

thanks! :D

ya that crab is up to no good. i'm just waiting on the LFS to get in some fromia red sea stars so that i can take him back for the credit. ofcourse i've been waiting for like 3 months now and it's always "oh next week's shipment" :huh:

Hey I'm just wondering, does that AC 110 make too much flow in your aquarium? I would like to get a 110 for my 20 gallon once I get it but idk if it will create too much flow.

umm...in my opinion, no. i haven't gotten around to picking up another power head to mix salt for a water change, so i just pull the one out of my tank. when it's out, there's not really much flow going on. needless to say that i don't depend on it for flow, just filtration; that could be because of the amount of filter floss or maybe the surface skimmer or even the water level.

so here's an update and a photo dump. i was busy this weekend, with some advice from joelrhale and metrokat (thanks again) i re-aquascaped. i took out the two long rocks and with a chisel and hammer put them in a shallow plastic bin with waterchange water and started to smash them up. lucky for me i'm a pretty good shot with a hammer so my thumbs are still intact, but i think i put too much stink on it because i made a couple holes in the container...dirty water all over the floor... :lol:

here's what i came up with, opinions are welcome! i started to pull what i can off of frag plugs and i got a couple new frags. anyways, here's the new scape!

6974874727_0d705aba47_b.jpg

so on the left sps island...i'm going to put some more sps on there.

6974876609_194a2865c7_z.jpg

and on the right island more of my zoas and torch/frogspawn

6828754742_b880911a70_z.jpg

here's a side shot, on the right i'm planning on a bunch of acans there.

6828756412_296de8d2cf_z.jpg

here's some pics of the new coral, another acro

6974881469_8468b0aafb_z.jpg

hungry acans

6974883311_6ee97f37be_z.jpg

frag of zoas, not quite rastas but close?

6828761226_71f3ce4ef2_z.jpg

the one polyp of..xmen?

6828762738_37927ca0dd_z.jpg

and a new ricorda kinda pissed off by a hermit

6828764370_594e04c46d_z.jpg

and that's about it! i'm pretty happy the way the re-scape came out, i still have a bit of re-arranging to do but for the most part thats it. :D

That looks hella awesome! B)

You decided against Mr. Coral and went local?

thanks buddy!

no haven't decided against mr.coral, just picked up a couple to fill in the new scape. i think i'm going to place the mr.coral order next week when i get my overtime pay ;)

thanks alot guys!

i should mension that i did end up taking about...1lb of liverock out...when i had it all in the island on the right was so high, just way too tall and made things look kinda weird. i hope by not having 1lb less of rock in the tank doesn't effect anything.

Shouldn't bother a thing. It will build up in a day or 2 to compensate. No worries! ;)

oh good to hear..lol

beautiful little set up!

thanks for sharing

thanks alot!

here's a quick photo dump as i'm about to be late for work..lol. picked up some more sps off of my friend who sells frags.

altho i already have these, the combo of my two favourite zoas were on a frag so i had to get it.

6997381549_c00f8fce8e_z.jpg

this was pretty nice imo, purple/blue w/green tips

6851257888_bf057e4c06_z.jpg

teal

6997385491_6284ab6d1b_z.jpg

purple

6997387227_55f9be031c_z.jpg

green

6851264152_e07e215688_z.jpg

and a FTS

6851266322_e7d06a8e63_z.jpg

and a side shot

6851268078_0f9e100088_z.jpg

my brother is going to pick up a canon T2i so im going to borrow it and use my L-series glass to shoot a nice high quality video soon :)

This is great, great aquascape, great light, great coral, great great great.

^ /agreed

Did that monti ever purple up?

thanks everyone! i have sps fever now. i'm going to add nice colors now, yellows, reds etc all over the left rock.

^ /agreed

Did that monti ever purple up?

kind of, i'm still slowly increasing the intensities of the led's, but that monti stayed brown-ish, i accidently broke it when cleaning the tank and made it into another frag and they have been growing very well, the polyps are brown, but the tips are purple. not the nicest, they are kinda making their way to the back..lol

i'm also thinking about another fish. i know it's only a 10gal, and i'm still doing my research on what fish, but i do water changes every week. i'm thinking about:

a bicolor dotty back - but i think my tank is too small (says 30gal minimum) and says it's kinda aggressive.

p-72472-pseudochromis.jpg

1 firefish (but i have a open top tank...so he will probably jump out)

p-71133-firefish.jpg

or 1 black/white occ.clown (i know they do good in pairs but how they do in 3 i have no clue)

black-clown.jpg

I would definitely not get another clown fish, the pair will beat him up and kill him. I tried this and that is the result I almost got, I took one of the clown fish back to the lfs. I would recommend a royal gramma, I am not sure if they are the same fish you are talking about but mine is awesome and not aggressive that I have seen, he is housed with two clown fish and a tail-spot blenny.

Archived