SaltCritters.com

Diver's Paradise - The Original

Felicia

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! :blush:

Here are some pics of the new corals now that they're in the tank.

21nec6d.jpg

The lilac monti cap.

24ouaa0.jpg

The pink birdsnest.

24gu1c4.jpg

The pastel rainbow yumas. I'm absolutely in :wub: with these. I cannot believe they were in the $15 section.

It'll be pretty late tonight before I get the pic of the new tank on the stand because I gotta finish breaking down the old cichlid tank and cleaning it all up before I can put the new 30 gallon on the stand.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your new tank sounds absolutely amazing omgomgomg omgomgomg

So does the new coral. I love monti caps so much. I want a red and purple now too :)

pictures...need pictures. I'm so excited for you. I wanna upgrade too, but must control myself :lol:

Your new tank sounds absolutely amazing omgomgomg omgomgomg

So does the new coral. I love monti caps so much. I want a red and purple now too :)

pictures...need pictures. I'm so excited for you. I wanna upgrade too, but must control myself :lol:

You added pictures omgomgomg

That yuma is GORGEOUS!!!!! Everything is!!!!!

Thanks Gena! You should definitely get yourself some monti caps. I didn't like them at first because of the frag I was given for free before I had enough lighting. It always looked so angry and I almost threw it out because I thought it was a goner, but now I love it and its growing so fast all of a sudden. For only $15 I couldn't resist buying the light purple one today :) This will be my only upgrade for a LONG time because I absolutely have no space for a larger tank in my one bedroom apartment. Oh, and I actually like these yumas way better than the rainbow from PYA that didn't make it. Go figure these cost me less than half the price of that one -_-

Love them! Nice corals, I got a Yuma 2 weeks ago and it is so pissy I am regretting it. But I love it.

Yours has great color!

Thanks! I had some bad luck with a yuma recently but my Floridas are doing great. Are yumas usually more finicky? I hope these do well because I'm loving their colors.

Thanks! I had some bad luck with a yuma recently but my Floridas are doing great. Are yumas usually more finicky? I hope these do well because I'm loving their colors.

Well my Florida RIcs are doing Great and the Yumas are still deciding if they want to melt or not..... I may be okay with the larger polyp, they like shade/low light. Figured mine were under MH at the LFS and would be fine at the bottom under T5HO but it was too much for them...... They bleached after 3 days and were all open mouthed and PO so I put them in full shade, only then did they look okay.......

I am trying to light acclimate them slowly, and it seems to be working. Fingers crossed, but I have some of the more finicky ones apparently, the red tipped ones are known for being pissy.

Nice corals I wish you the best of luck, your tank is going to look great!

Well my Florida RIcs are doing Great and the Yumas are still deciding if they want to melt or not..... I may be okay with the larger polyp, they like shade/low light. Figured mine were under MH at the LFS and would be fine at the bottom under T5HO but it was too much for them...... They bleached after 3 days and were all open mouthed and PO so I put them in full shade, only then did they look okay.......

I am trying to light acclimate them slowly, and it seems to be working. Fingers crossed, but I have some of the more finicky ones apparently, the red tipped ones are known for being pissy.

Nice corals I wish you the best of luck, your tank is going to look great!

Hmmm, that's good to know that light may be an issue with yumas. The ones I just got were under MH's at the store and now they're under T5's in my tank as well. I'll move them into the shade if I start seeing issues. I hope yours pull through and thanks for the advice!

WOW! Nice additions! I still don't know crap about corals, but shouldn't that birdnest go higher?

Thanks :D You are absolutely correct. I'm just letting it light acclimate down on the bottom of the tank first. Tomorrow I'll glue it onto the top rock.

Thanks! I guess I was asking for my own info. I'd like some birdnest near the top of my tank. I hear they are fairly easy to keep.

Corals are pretty light sensitive, so its always a good idea to let them acclimate on the bottom of the tank if you switch them to a new lighting condition. I think its only a problem if you move them from a lower light tank to a tank with higher lighting, but I always do it just in case so they don't bleach on me.

Yep, they're supposed to be some of the easier SPS corals to keep, which is why I got one. I don't have many SPS's so I wanted to get something easy to start with. Acros as also supposed to be pretty hardy and they come in a lot of colors. They'd look great near the top of your tank!

Yeah I definitely want more sticks I think I am done with the softies for now unless something BLOWS my mind.

Just watch them... mine are still recovering....... poor po yumas.

Corals are pretty light sensitive, so its always a good idea to let them acclimate on the bottom of the tank if you switch them to a new lighting condition. I think its only a problem if you move them from a lower light tank to a tank with higher lighting, but I always do it just in case so they don't bleach on me.

Yep, they're supposed to be some of the easier SPS corals to keep, which is why I got one. I don't have many SPS's so I wanted to get something easy to start with. Acros as also supposed to be pretty hardy and they come in a lot of colors. They'd look great near the top of your tank!

Thanks for the advice!

I've seen some incredible birdsnest in nanos that don't have leds or halides

Yeah I definitely want more sticks I think I am done with the softies for now unless something BLOWS my mind.

Same here. I started with softies and then moved on to the LPS's. Now I'm starting to buy some SPS's. I just had to buy those yumas though :D

Thanks for the advice!

I've seen some incredible birdsnest in nanos that don't have leds or halides

No problem! I'm still a noob myself, so I'm definitely willing to share anything I've learned thus far. And yeah I don't think they need LEDs or MH's at all as long as they're pretty high up in the tank and you've got some decent T5's.

I almost threw it out because I thought it was a goner, but now I love it and its growing so fast all of a sudden.

What shape is the growth? Is it flat or cupping/scrolling? I love the scrolling montis so much.

What shape is the growth? Is it flat or cupping/scrolling? I love the scrolling montis so much.

I'm actually not sure yet. The piece was so small to begin with that doubling in size is still not that big. There isn't enough of it to really tell what its going to do. It basically expanded along the edges and seems to be cupping a bit, but it could end up scrolling I guess. I'll just have to wait and see once it gets bigger.

That Yuma was $15!!! That's an amazing piece. Lucky!

I know! Two yumas for $15, unbelievable! I've decided that that LFS messes up placing their corals in the price sections on occasion and then have to hold to it. I bought a 9 head acan colony for $20 a while back and now they have the same acans in sets of like 4 heads in the $60 section. Same thing with the chalice I bought for $20 during the same trip. Oh, and then there was the open brain that they accidentally listed on their facebook as $40 that was actually supposed to cost $80, but they gave it to me for the facebook price since I'd driven all the way there to get it based on that price. Not the best business strategy, but it works out well for me :D

You got lucky! I just got my first chalice and I sense that I want more of them...lots more. More than a 28G can handle. Hmmmmm. What to do?

You got lucky! I just got my first chalice and I sense that I want more of them...lots more. More than a 28G can handle. Hmmmmm. What to do?

Haha, well first off it sounds like you need lots of money. Oh and a bigger tank! :D

I dream of a Visio 4'x2'x2' 120G rimless beast!

Better start saving then! Luckily, my tiny one bedroom apartment is too small to upgrade much past this new 30 gallon, so once this upgrade is done that will be it for a long time.

Since its a new page, it needs a photo. Here's what the old cichlid tank looked like after I took out all the fish and decor. The stand its on is the one the new tank will go on.

n39shi.jpg

bring on the new tank pics already sheeeesh!!!!!!!! :lol:

Sorry! I got way behind since I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow. The new tank is currently on the living room floor. I'm hoping to get the old tank taken down so I can get a pic of the new one before I leave.

Sorry! I got way behind since I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow. The new tank is currently on the living room floor. I'm hoping to get the old tank taken down so I can get a pic of the new one before I leave.

Get crackin!!!! You can't leave us hanging for a week plus :lol:;)

Archived