Cultivated Reef

eshinesystem LED fixtures

xCry0x

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ice, look forward to seeing what you've ordered and how they come out!

Currently I have a 120G reef tank and although I am happy with my current lighting, I have never really had enough lighting on any of my tanks to properly grow SPS.

I spent a lot of time talking to the various sales reps at E. Shinesystems. I basically told them that I want two fixtures max, Cree leds, and the ability to use the solar simulator.

So picture this... if you think that the 60W Cree fixture is amazing with the manual dimmer...

They are building me... 48X3W Cree Leds, 24" fixture run on a solar simulator that is a digital timer and auto dimmer. I will be running two of these on my tank.

Anyone else interested in a fixture...let me know

Currently each fixture will have a solar simulator as it is the power supply as well. I would rather have total control over each fixture and I am sure that I can easily have them work in unison if I want

Currently I have a 120G reef tank and although I am happy with my current lighting, I have never really had enough lighting on any of my tanks to properly grow SPS.

I spent a lot of time talking to the various sales reps at E. Shinesystems. I basically told them that I want two fixtures max, Cree leds, and the ability to use the solar simulator.

So picture this... if you think that the 60W Cree fixture is amazing with the manual dimmer...

They are building me... 48X3W Cree Leds, 24" fixture run on a solar simulator that is a digital timer and auto dimmer. I will be running two of these on my tank.

I believe this light is being massed produced as ivy told me last night. Said it would be ready by October or sooner depends on holiday. He quoted me at 380 for it shipped with the solar stimulator and some other stuff I can't remember now. Should be an awesome light.

I believe this light is being massed produced as ivy told me last night. Said it would be ready by October or sooner depends on holiday. He quoted me at 380 for it shipped with the solar stimulator and some other stuff I can't remember now. Should be an awesome light.

I am going to wait to see the 4g lights and I hear there is a fixture in the works using the new xm-l LEDs. :)

Well I was going to place an order for the 60W CREE. But given I won't actually be setting up the tank for a couple of months, sounds like I should wait to see the new developments. Maybe I will place an order to arrive in time for Christmas =0)

Well I was going to place an order for the 60W CREE. But given I won't actually be setting up the tank for a couple of months, sounds like I should wait to see the new developments. Maybe I will place an order to arrive in time for Christmas =0)

Lol I wish I could but it here in the states. I know I can get it at vipinled but the ones at shine have the newer xp-g LEDs. If you get one order two and ship me one lol

Of course I'd pay you too I guess.

I ordered the 25x3w bridgelux led unit today for my 20h. I got told it should be here either thursday or friday. Ill be sure to post apics and ill start a thread when i receive it. They even checked my ip address when i ordered and questioned why my ip address was from a hospital.

Tracking shows its still in Hong Kong, I got another email saying it'll be here by the weekend, but I highly doubt that. It is being shkpped DHL so I'm guessing it'll be here on Wednesday.

Tracking shows its still in Hong Kong, I got another email saying it'll be here by the weekend, but I highly doubt that. It is being shkpped DHL so I'm guessing it'll be here on Wednesday.

did you order the solar stimulator as well? what is the shipping cost?

The solar simulator and tank mounting legs dont work on the 25 led light. The light plus shipping was $138.60. It was transfered from DHL to Speedy Delivery and when I called they told me I will have it Tuesday. I'm not to keen on the way it was shipped because I have no way of tracking it through Speedy.

jefferzbooboo

I received my unit today. It looks very well made, but 1 fan isn't working, but if I blow on the fan it will start. I contacted the person I dealt with, and I have to wait until the 8th since they're on holiday now. We'll see what happens on the 8th to see if I recommend it.

I received my unit today. It looks very well made, but 1 fan isn't working, but if I blow on the fan it will start. I contacted the person I dealt with, and I have to wait until the 8th since they're on holiday now. We'll see what happens on the 8th to see if I recommend it.

it likely will activate after the light gets hot enough via the temp sensor. Thats how they worked before when i had one of the originals with xr series leds. hope this helps.

it likely will activate after the light gets hot enough via the temp sensor. Thats how they worked before when i had one of the originals with xr series leds. hope this helps.

What size is the Cree 60w? im planning to purchase one for my 55 which is 48". 2 24" i believe eh?

jefferzbooboo

Castiel, I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Thecloser, yes it was about $130 including shipping. Karisma, I hope thats what it is, one fan is on constant but the other doesn't spin.

Castiel, I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Thecloser, yes it was about $130 including shipping. Karisma, I hope thats what it is, one fan is on constant but the other doesn't spin.

how long did shipping take?

so this is blue and white LED, with moonlight in the middle ?

Cn you control which lights you want on or its all 1 switch?

do you know if these are stronger lights than 4x36 T5s?

lets see some pics of this bad boy !

Just to get in on this hype, I also got one of the 60 watt pro version e-shine lights, I took it apart and voided my warranty lol! Whatever, anyway it appears they are using genuine cree xp-e & xp-g LEDs in a cross pattern blue white blue white fashion. The dimming box containing the drivers has two separate power cords for blue and white separately. I have to say I'm impressed with what we got, I got in on a group order and we got these lights for less then $240 shipped total! It's alot better then I could make myself and I would love an ai sol but this just cost me half the price and will do what I need it to do, I will still order an ai nano or a nano-box led for my pico.

I am definitely going to get something from these guys when I finally get my new tank set up. Plus two spotlights to try out on my picos - at $22 each I think they are worth a go.

Just to get in on this hype, I also got one of these pro version e-shine lights, I took it apart and voided my warranty lol! Whatever, anyway it appears the are using genuine cree xp-e & xp-g LEDs in a cross pattern blue white blue white fashion. The dimming box containing the drivers has two separate power cords for blue and white separately. I have to say I'm impressed with what we got, I got in on a group order and we got these lights for less then $240 shipped total! It's alot better then I could make myself and I would live an ai sol but this just cost me half the price and will do what I need it to do, I will still order an ai nano or a nano-box led for my pico.

Which one is this?

Archived