ReefCleaners.org

eshinesystem LED fixtures

xCry0x

The prices were all in my first post.. they also put a 123x3w and a 200x3w fixture up lol..

Yea rory, a lot of people all over are rebranding them, makes sense because people were paying close to $600 for other LED fixtures.

I just wish eshinesystems sold the light directly, the vipinled requires you to wire transfer them the money apparently which is a pain in the a**.

Maybe their 25x3w bridgelux fixture will get the controller added to it =)

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh damn really that's their method to receive payment??

I really hope the accept credit card...

I want to buy one of the 20x3w Cree dimmable

Fixtures from vipinled. The price is too good to pass up.

And yeah the same units the more I have looked around are just rebranded and marked up

Like 250%

From their FAQ :

A: 6.What's your usual payment term for orders?

Q: Telegraphic transfer(T/T) to our company bank account after order confirmation. We don't accept panyment by credit card.

(have to love translations.. Q&A are swapped..)

Yeah I read all of that crap just now.... And further down or the next page of Q A

It says they don't sell single units.... I'm still gonna talk to the sales rep tomorrow.

It's worth a try.

Got a bunch of interesting info right now from one of the eshinesystem reps. They posted on reefcentral then I messaged Robin directly.

Said that vipinled is one of their local merchants and I guess they are getting the 60w cree's revoked because they are selling them to the US lol.

Also explained the other fixtures more.

1) they are releasing a 90w cree fixture, by mid month.

2) They will customize light schemes, they have the option of violet, red , UV and IR LEDs in addition to the rb and white.

3) The 3w fixtures can chose between 30,60,90 optics and use a mix of any.

4) the Solar controller controls the dimming of blue and white independantly as well as the sunrise/sunset.

They are testing the controller out ATM on 50x3 and 100x3 and will look into it on the 25x3 and the aqua master in the future. They are getting ready to release the 25x3w to use 2 drivers which is the step towards the controller.. currently uses 1 driver.

Got a bunch of interesting info right now from one of the eshinesystem reps. They posted on reefcentral then I messaged Robin directly.

Said that vipinled is one of their local merchants and I guess they are getting the 60w cree's revoked because they are selling them to the US lol.

Also explained the other fixtures more.

1) they are releasing a 90w cree fixture, by mid month.

2) They will customize light schemes, they have the option of violet, red , UV and IR LEDs in addition to the rb and white.

3) The 3w fixtures can chose between 30,60,90 optics and use a mix of any.

4) the Solar controller controls the dimming of blue and white independantly as well as the sunrise/sunset.

They are testing the controller out ATM on 50x3 and 100x3 and will look into it on the 25x3 and the aqua master in the future. They are getting ready to release the 25x3w to use 2 drivers which is the step towards the controller.. currently uses 1 driver.

Just talked to a Sales Rep tonight (Peter) on their website. I am going to be putting in an order for three 50x3W fixtures and the solar simulator digital controller. He didnt know if I would be able to connect three fixtures to one controller so he was going to be emailing me all the details tomorrow. He was the only one working because of the huge national holiday they are having right now. Each light is $130 and he said the digital controller is 25.

Just need to find out is the 3 lights are compatable with the one controller and then I am going to pull the trigger. They take paypal as payment. I havent found out a whole lot about shipping yet but I was told that would all be included in the email tomorrow.

Will keep you updated on this one. Hope it all works out. These lights sound like they would be amazing on my 6 foot 120G tank. 3 lights and the controller for $415. Hopefully shipping will be ok.

Be sure they are not talking about 3x$6 for the 6$ digital TIMER. The Solar simmulator (controller) is listed in the quote i got at $60. Someone on reef central said they were told that the dimmer (controller) is not ready to ship yet.

I think the shipping will be around $100. Think is like $50 for 1 unit and I know someone else said they got 3 for like $100 shipping.

It sounds like vipinled is getting cut off. Eshinesystems is the manufacturer and vipinled is a distributor in china that was apparently kinda circumventing the system and selling to the US themself even though eshinesystems had a deal with starkled for the 60w cree.

It sounds like vipinled is getting cut off. Eshinesystems is the manufacturer and vipinled is a distributor in china that was apparently kinda circumventing the system and selling to the US themself even though eshinesystems had a deal with starkled for the 60w cree.

After all that I have read on it and snooping around different sites that's what ive came to get from

All of it as well.

Still think I might get one before they get cut off.

I talked directly with a rep from E.Shinesystems. I am dealing directly with them. the 50x3W lighting fixture is 130 each. rep said the digital solar simulator is around 25 (didnt really know??) He said the solar simulator program is almost complete. Will be ready in 12 days. He is going to find out the info on the solar simulator to see if one unit can run three fixtures. No engineer was around to ask because of the holiday. Once he finds out he said he would email me a invoice with paypal instructions. That is all I got for now.

I am thinking that if this all works out, I should find like 10 grand and buy as many units as I can. Sell them for a tiny mark up. Not 200 to 300%.

I am having a hard time trying to figure out what fixture will work best for my size tank.

My tank is 120G. Measurements are 72x18x18. There is a large brace in the center of the tank. I was orginally going to go with three lights but I am now thinking that two fixtures would work best. So each fixture would have to light up 36x18x18. I want to be able to dim the lights so I am limited as to what fixture I can use from E.Shinesystems website. Looks like I can either go with the 50x3w or the 100x3w.

What am I better off using to get an even spread- the 100X3 is 18"x8". The 50X3 is 18"x5".

what degree optics would I need to make either of these fixtures work? And is two 100X3w fixtures overkill? Will I be able to get good coverage with only two 50x3w fixtures over a 6 foot tank?

Where can I find out all this info?

Lol I was thinking the same thing about the fixtures, was like damn I need to go buy like 20 of them and sell them at a markup and cover the costs of everything else I am buying for my tank.

Honestly I think the 100x3w might be overkill? That is 300w per fixture, would not be saving that much power would you? Seems like using multiple 50x3 w would work almost as well and be half the power. The optic degree really depends on the depth of your tank, someone else would have to speak to the best choice, but the higher the optic, obviously the more focused the light and the less diameter each covers.

After talking to a couple of sales reps and doing as much research as I can on the various fixtures, I am still not convinced that their lights are ready yet. They haven’t given me any type of information on the Solar Simulator (digital led controller). I don’t even know if they are done writing the program for it. From what I gathered, you can only hook up one fixture to the solar simulator. So for every fixture I want to buy I would have to buy a controller with it. I don’t know if there are any plans to make the controller compatible with multiple units.

Plus I am not convinced that the two 50x3w fixtures would work for my tank (72"x18"x18"). I know that there is enough wattage but I don’t think that the spacing of 18X5 would allow for full coverage of my tank. I think to cover my tank completely I would need the leds to be spread over a fixture of 24x9. I think that even with 90 degree optics I am going to be running into areas that don’t get much coverage.

While the Aqua Master look like an amazing fixture, currently they are not dimmable and the T5 can only be turned on/off by a switch on the fixture. The white, blue, and moon lights can be controlled separately by a timer. If I understood correctly, you can put the T5 bulbs on a timer but they share the same power cord as the moonlights. So I don’t really know how you would go about using this fixture to its full potential.

At this point I am a little hesitant to purchase a fixture because it seems as though each one has flaws. At first I thought that I would be able to get two 50x3w fixtures for a total of $260 plus a solar simulator to control them for another $52. But now it seems like I would need two simulators and I am unsure as to how they even work. It sounds like too many wires.

At this point I don’t know what to do...

I am waiting a few weeks to see what unfolds.

With the fixtures I think people typically hang the AIs front to back.. so your tank is 18" deep (front to back) the fixture is 18" long and 5" wide, probably has a spill of what 5 inches on each side? depending on hwo high it is.. so you could have it setup

|..5"..| 5" fixture |..10"..........|5" fixture|...........10"

Probably about 5 fixures to be safe?

They all connect to eachother so your 5th to your 4th 4th to the 3rd ect to the 1st .. then the question is if the 1st goes into a controller will it controll all 5? I would imagine it would?

I think this will become more clear when the controller actually launches.

Found out that as of right now- One light fixture to one controller. You can not string fixtures together and then plug them all into a controller. I would have already pulled the trigger on the two 50x3w fixtures if I could plug them into one controller.

For me to have the two fixtures run with the controller it would have been $198x2=$396 plus $125 shipping

Grand Total= $521.

While that might seem like a great deal, I want a more streamlined system. I think that I am going to wait until I can string the two fixutres together and then connect them to one controller. I also want to have the ability to connect more in the future without having to get more controllers. I only have so much plug space. I dont want to have like 8 plugs that I need to deal with. The fixture I have right now has one plug with a built in timer.

I have also been talking to them about building me a larger CREE fixture. Actually I would need two of them. They can do it but again it would require two controllers. If we can work out a decent price I am going to do it. They are going to be sending me some specs and prices. Will keep you updated.

What do you think the going rate would be for a CREE fixture 52X3W with the dimensions 24"x5.5". This fixture would be connected to the solar simulator that acts as an digital auto dimmer and timer. What would you pay for something like that? Its basically the 60W CREE light but twice as big plus it is connected to the solar simulator instead of the manual dimmer.

Has anyone gone ahead and ordered from eshine yet? I am considering buying a 50W or the 60W CREE from them for my new 2ft tank, plus the solar controller.

I might also try a couple of the spotlights for my pico tanks ...

Prices I got from them are:

zVegS.jpg

Said it was about $60 shipping for one 50W to Australia, and it would come with an Australian plug, which is nice.

Has anyone gone ahead and ordered from eshine yet? I am considering buying a 50W or the 60W CREE from them for my new 2ft tank, plus the solar controller.

I ordered 2 of their dimmable 60 watt 48'' Aqua Washer strips which I received yesterday.

Absolutely no complaints in regards to the experience, they were helpful and I received the fixture even quicker than was quoted. They were shipped all the way from Hong Kong to Alaska where I'm at for less than $80 and arrived in good condition.

Fit and finish wise the entire fixture appears to be made of aluminum which feels plenty thick and strong, the only complaint I do have are the included slide out legs. They're fairly flimsy and honestly I'm not sure how useful they are, you couldn't use them alone to mount them on a tank as they fold out straight and then bend slightly down which would dunk the fixture slightly into the tank if mounted directly on it.

As far as the actual light output goes I can't provide any in depth analysis, it's for a tank that's still in the process of being converted from brackish to marine. That process is almost done but I don't plan on having any corals for some time and even then it won't be anything demanding, which is why I think these strips are perfect for me since most LED fixtures for sale are geared towards providing a very high light level over a fairly small space. With these I'm able to provide a moderate amount of light over my 90g without spending $1200+. I can say that 2 of them over a standard 90g tank appear to provide fairly even light throughout the tank, though not enough for demanding corals I'd assume.

These ones, right?

1-aqua%20washer.jpg

The bracket does look quite flimsy.

Did you buy the CREE or Bridgelux version? And just to confirm, although there are two power cords (one blue, one white) the dimmer works on both at once?

Thanks for the write up.

The bracket does look quite flimsy.

Did you buy the CREE or Bridgelux version? And just to confirm, although there are two power cords (one blue, one white) the dimmer works on both at once?

Thanks for the write up.

That's it, mine came with 20 CREE XP series LEDs, I'm not sure but I think they give you the option, I wanted the CREEs and that's what it came with by default so I didn't ask about the Bridgelux though.

I'm not sure if they have 2 slightly different enclosures for the dimmed and non-dimmed ones, all I know is mine came with only 1 plug instead of 2 like in the picture. That one plug then goes into the power supply/dimmer brick, which has a dimmer switch for each color, and 1 power cord.

So you can dim each color however you like but you can't put them on seperate timers, not with how I have mine. If you want each color on a different timer the non-dimmed one like in the picture below may be the only option with these strips.

Honestly if you're really interested in them I'd suggest going to thier website and starting a chat sessions, there's a bit of a language barrier but they're very helpful and they seem to have a lot of different options some of which haven't been published to thier website yet. Also as far as I can tell they build them to order at this point, so you could potentially get 2 dimmable fixtures one with all whites and the other with all blues if you wanted.

One thing I didn't mention before but I'm sure some are wondering; there're no fans on the fixtures so they're silent, as far as heat goes both the external power brick and the lights themselves get fairly hot, not so hot that I can't hold my hand there for an extended time but definately more than just "warm." I don't know enough about LEDs to know whether or not they're hot enough to possibly effect the life span.

Yeah the people on chat have been really helpful (though clearly get commission as they were adamant I needed to speak to them in future!).

I think I just need to be very clear what I want and see if they can do it. I'm not too concerned about timers for both sets, but definitely wanted separate dimmers, so that should work.

these things are bright. but honestly i cant stand the look of the cree 6ow light aka. SWC light.

i know alot of people in my city have recently done a mass group order and got them for even cheaper then the quoted prices im seeing here. Also if you requst, they will do any pattern you like with the colors available, the do have all cree xp series leds in blue/royal blue/cool white/normal white. they can stagger them is what im saying.

i guess if you hid these in a canopy it would make sense. and this controller is very much a leap forward.

Archived