Top Shelf Aquatics

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may just do that....but come to think of it I think I have my vortech on the back set at a max of 45% cause I tried it at 85% and I got a waterfall over the front of the tank haha....

If you do that, you should record it.

+1 or it didn't happen

I may just do that....but come to think of it I think I have my vortech on the back set at a max of 45% cause I tried it at 85% and I got a waterfall over the front of the tank haha....

HAHA don't have an overflow!

+1 or it didn't happen

HAHA don't have an overflow!

Still at work so not yet and lol ill test it before I record it....don't wanna overflow on camera and look like a nub

I can safely say my sexy shrimp lust is over after all the problems you've had. Most things pick at because their hungry or they don't have what they need. You've given them three Maxi's and you feed a crapload, they are just jerks. :lol:

i gave them some full power vortechs earlier, and a turkey baster but they just 20 inch moon bounced in an imperfect arc....wasnt even worth video taping

you should see what i feed dude i wont even exaggerate...take 2 fingers and thumb grab the biggest clump of cyclopeeze shy of your first knuckle you can....that gets fed every day...along with my pointer and middle finger dipped in water then dipped in pellets upto the first knuckle...then 1/4cup phyto. 8ml reef energy carbs & amino acids. 3ml oyterfeast every day.

then and a entire cube of frozen....either bloodworms, mysis, nutramar ova, spirulina brine, brine, krill. all thawed drains, then soaked in phyto/selcon/garlic for 30 min....even spot feeding the sexies w/ shrimp pellets apparently doesnt keep them happy...

without water or the liquid supplements were talkin 3/4 of a shot glass...

i mean i know we have gone over what i feed before, but this is rediculous...

i gave them some full power vortechs earlier, and a turkey baster but they just 20 inch moon bounced in an imperfect arc....wasnt even worth video taping

:lol:

I can picture it!

Awesome build. I am sure somewhere in the 60+ pages someone asked this, but can you explain the process you went through with the "sun cured Overdosed calc rock"? Looks great.

Im gonna quote myself haha...first time for everything right ;)

Thanks for the compliments :D and Its long enough that I need to make an index now I guess haha

the algae over took the buckets during the cycling - once the cycle passed and the nutrients went through denitrification the water stayed clear. Basically over the course of 3 months I used an entire 16oz bottle of purple up & seachem buffer. I had a heater and korialla nano 240 in bucket the entire time w/ a screen over top of it and would bring it inside at night

Im gonna quote myself haha...first time for everything right ;)

Thank you very much, really nice. Look forward to more updates and btw, hilarious thread.

Oh my...that acan :blink:

Sexies are bad in anything but a mushroom or anemone tank....IMHO!!!!!!! I was so glad when mine were gone from my mixed reef.

Kitty looks adorable! I'm constantly chasing my female cat off of the counters. She's the devil too :lol:

Cute kitty! :D

Luckily Lily doesn't get on my counters, but she definitely does stuff she's not supposed to on occasion and then tries to look at me all cute like that. What's sad is that her cute face usually works on me.

haha shoulda listened to other peoples threads....but meh w/e to late now, I had my head set on sexies and maxis...maxis i love lol...sexies not so much...they havent set foot on the maxis in well...since day 3.

and the cat...damn i cant keep her off the counter lol it drives me insane.....between the counters and behind the tv console.....bah lol

Same with my female kitten. I have walked in to her sleeping on the top of the kitchen cabinets... Bad kitty.

Spray bottles work well for teaching them for while your home. When your gone there is no rules. ;)

Archived