Coral Vue Hydros

The Oceanarium Project: Imaginarium

Deckoz2302

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to use a standard run of the mill glass aquarium, just need to figure out what size would fit, if too small (because I also have the ATO reservoir in the cabinet), I'm wondering if putting a refugium in the back chamber is the way to go.

Random clam picture

P2040050.jpg

Did some running around today trying to find a decent pump and resovoir for an ato...didn't find anything worthy of us...

Came home and tore down the copepod culture after dumping most of it in the hob fuge - it was getting nasty tank for it is on the left. Also started a new phyto culture from some DT's phyto - I old batch was started from brightwell but I figured I'd give live DT's a try

P2040052.jpg

nah im holding off for a little bit on some new additions. I gotta get an R/O and start building the secondary stands/tanks

lol underwater tacos....sounds like quite the distraction...like the distraction brit had in for me last night while i was testing water

hahaha yea ethan...nothing quite like it...

anyway reinstated the hampster ato...

P2050054.jpg

and the vortechs wires going up vs down blocking view

P2050057.jpg

P2050060.jpg

Dragons tongue...

P2050059.jpg

P2050062.jpg

P2050064.jpg

nothing interesting sorry haha

P2050062.jpg

P2050064.jpg

Why is the top picture flipped horizontally? :huh: Just wondering.

Also, I find it hilarious that you have literally one of the most advanced (both equipment and routine wise) tank on here, and you have a hamster ato. :lol: I'd figure you have 3 osmolators, one for real, one for back up, and one incase the back up breaks.

Joel, the bottom one is actually a mirror shot(the one with the living room) I have a huge mirror beside the tv...one min ill take a picture. Ill eventually have an automated top off. I need to source a pump I like and also a resovoir...really im just holding off on it until i built the secondary stands to size the resovoir &magdrive return..

balls...haha

I see the mirror's edge now. I gotcha. It just threw me off. :lol:

And yeah I know you're going to do it right, it's just funny. It's like sticking a bumper sticker on a caddy.

Might I recommend the AC20 for a ato pump? What I use and it is the perfect output flow I think.

Yea I was actually going to use either an ac10 or 20, I have a 2 ac10's ones on the hob fuge one is just closet fodder - need to test it to see if it can output 1ft of head...if not then ill try a 20

this is the mirror

P2050068.jpg

and on a different note, I hope my suntail eventually shows his face.....he just pops his head out the back of the rockwork...wish he would come up front like the other one....ugh

You want some brownies baby?! haha...took me forever to finish testing >.<

P2040053.jpg

;)

Girl knows how to take care of her man! Makes me want to make some brownies!

Tank looks great! How does this Hamster ATO work..... Just curious.

Also I am planning a DIY ATO but was looking at the Tom's Aqualifter will this not be enough flow for the ATO to keep up?

How does this Hamster ATO work..... Just curious.

You fill up the container with water, turn it upside down and stick it underwater at the level you want. It creates a seal and when the water drops below the opening of the container it allows air into the container which puts the water into the sump. It's how most gravity ato's work. :)

Yep what joel said candy...when I designed the sump for the chii I made the middle baffles wide enough for the 64oz hampsterbottle. But when I did the transfer I ended up having two pumps in the return chamber and didn't fix the plumbing until yesterday to use the hampsterbottle again. Its the same effect if you use a shotglass...and you dip the shotglass underwater to rinseout the rest of the food - if you pull the shotglass up upside down it will hold the water until the waterlevel drops below the rim....with the hampster bottle water will pour out until it covers the tip up where air cannot pass through to replace the displacement of water exiting, which stops the water from coming out until the waterlevel drops again

Lol damn right - go make some brownies ;) become your own distraction hahaha

Also I decided on an ato & pump just need to find a resovoir - gonna be using the avast marine ato controller w/ reefangel input and either a brs50ml doser or ac20.I wonder if I could find a resovoir tube that's 27inches tall and 3inches in diameter to just place behind the tank under the hobfuge...kinda like a big reactor but for ato...as I would like to possibly use the cabinet I originally planned for the resovoir to hold a 3part dosing pump for calc/alk/mag

Archived