Pod Your Reef

~ Candy Land ~ New Pics up Radions are UP! Tons of Top Downs.

FlCandy

jedimasterben
New Acan!

601446_10150952329854029_337764124_n.jpg

So now the dilemma on where to put him. I think I am going to start a acan valley like Brad was going to and have them all be on that rock under the Monster and Pink Millie, it's moderate flow and lighting so I thin it would be ideal.

Acan echinata :wub:

FYI, echinatas are very pissy little acans. They have incredible sweepers and are very aggressive with them.

Not as pissy as my new galaxea is, though. It's only about 1/2" across and its sweepers are about 6" lol.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful!!!!! Including the double FTS....LOVE that!!!!!!

I'm so excited that you are past the hard part of the switch. Now we just get to watch you work your magic on this tank!!!!!!! :happydance:

Acan echinata :wub:

FYI, echinatas are very pissy little acans. They have incredible sweepers and are very aggressive with them.

Not as pissy as my new galaxea is, though. It's only about 1/2" across and its sweepers are about 6" lol.

Good to know so far there has been no sweepers....

Beautiful!!!!! Including the double FTS....LOVE that!!!!!!

I'm so excited that you are past the hard part of the switch. Now we just get to watch you work your magic on this tank!!!!!!! :happydance:

Thanks! Idk about magic but I appreciate the compliments. ;)

Good to know so far there has been no sweepers....

Thanks! Idk about magic but I appreciate the compliments. ;)

You know I always say you have the magic touch!!!!! Whether you believe it or not :)

You know I always say you have the magic touch!!!!! Whether you believe it or not :)

Agreed! You and Gena have the blue thumb!

And as always I will be flattered! :happy:

Agreed! You and Gena have the blue thumb!

Thanks, I was hoping the green thumb would be transferred to the tank and it seems it has. :D

Looking amazing as usual! I need you to come over and help me get my 40 running! ;)

Man if I could I would be there in a heartbeat! I need a vacation so bad!

Oh on a off topic note! I got the approval for my new car! Just need the payout check and that baby is mine! B) Going from 4wd to V6, drives like a beast! :D

I need a vacation too!!!!!!!! Summertime is for vacations and I desperately want to get away :lol: I would like to go for 3 weeks!!!!! But, I have so many commitments. One of which is potential jury duty the first week in July...yuk!!!!!! After that though, we are in the clear except for my son's guitar lessons and an acting class he's taking through the parks and rec. program. It's just twice a week...something fun to do for the summer. I finally talked him into guitar lessons :happydance:

Yippee on your car. What kind? Toyota?

Put your Millipora's into higher flow and you will see some ridiculous polyp extension. Mine are directly in front of one of the mp40's. I'll post some video and show ya what I mean.

This (your image from the previous page) might be green planet. Pics of mine (below yours) are from last year are under t5's then under 150w 14k. The par level makes for a huge difference in colors, most notably the color of the polyps. Under the T5's, the par level was 325~, under the Halide it was 125~. Anything in the level of 125 - 240~ gives the polyps a purple color. Above 250 and they start to trend to the green side.

579293_10150952327929029_1996740967_n.jpg

acro1.jpg

dsc01429halides.jpg

I need a vacation too!!!!!!!! Summertime is for vacations and I desperately want to get away :lol: I would like to go for 3 weeks!!!!! But, I have so many commitments. One of which is potential jury duty the first week in July...yuk!!!!!! After that though, we are in the clear except for my son's guitar lessons and an acting class he's taking through the parks and rec. program. It's just twice a week...something fun to do for the summer. I finally talked him into guitar lessons :happydance:

Yippee on your car. What kind? Toyota?

Rav4 again with a V6.

Put your Millipora's into higher flow and you will see some ridiculous polyp extension. Mine are directly in front of one of the mp40's. I'll post some video and show ya what I mean.

This (your image from the previous page) might be green planet. Pics of mine (below yours) are from last year are under t5's then under 150w 14k. The par level makes for a huge difference in colors, most notably the color of the polyps. Under the T5's, the par level was 325~, under the Halide it was 125~. Anything in the level of 125 - 240~ gives the polyps a purple color. Above 250 and they start to trend to the green side.

579293_10150952327929029_1996740967_n.jpg

acro1.jpg

dsc01429halides.jpg

They have direct flow on them. I aimed the powerheads so there is nice high variable flow.

The guy I bought the Cali Tort from is reefinder from PBMAS and he told me it was the Cali Tort.

Also I don't think the structure of my tort looks anything like the planet, it's way more smooth and is still VERY blue with green highlights.

I did confirm all the ID's with him and the internet so I trust him.

Thanks ;)

Jacob042426

Where are your fruit loops from. :angry: I need them. I'm going to lake worth/west palm on Sunday. For sure I'm going to tanks a lot because its literally 5 minutes away from my grandmas. :)

Where are your fruit loops from. :angry: I need them. I'm going to lake worth/west palm on Sunday. For sure I'm going to tanks a lot because its literally 5 minutes away from my grandmas. :)

From the swap back in march... I can't remember I think it was Frag frenzy check the vendor list. They have them online too.

At neurologist waiting on the consult. Good thoughts guys.

At neurologist waiting on the consult. Good thoughts guys.

How'd it go???? Good thoughts coming your way :happy:

I love the Rav4s!

:happy: dig the new corals. Rav4, the newer model?

2008. Thanks!

How'd it go???? Good thoughts coming your way :happy:

I love the Rav4s!

Went okay I guess no answer yet but chiropractor is trying to get the report. Soon I hope.

surgicalsense

Sweet ... I will be looking into a new car in about a year or so. Leaning towards the smaller SUV or all wheel drive something or the other :P

2008. Thanks!

Went okay I guess no answer yet but chiropractor is trying to get the report. Soon I hope.

Well...lots of good thoughts coming your way!!!!!!!

I think my next car will be a Rav4 too. Not until my son starts driving though. I have about 4 more years to go...yikes!!!!!

You've been quiet around here lately. Don't do that to us :lol:

Sweet ... I will be looking into a new car in about a year or so. Leaning towards the smaller SUV or all wheel drive something or the other :P

The one that was totaled was 4wd this one is a V6! ;)

Well...lots of good thoughts coming your way!!!!!!!

I think my next car will be a Rav4 too. Not until my son starts driving though. I have about 4 more years to go...yikes!!!!!

You've been quiet around here lately. Don't do that to us :lol:

Sorry I don't mean to be just busy! I love my toyotas their nice cars.

are there any other ones other than tanks a lot that you reccomend?

Ocean World Corals is also nice. I usually stick to those 2.

Green Planet was just a suggestion because you mentioned "I thought the Torts only had hints of green on them?"

Mike is good people, used to live around the block from him. If I had known you got it from him, I wouldn't have mentioned another coral. He's an honest guy.

Green Planet was just a suggestion because you mentioned "I thought the Torts only had hints of green on them?"

Mike is good people, used to live around the block from him. If I had known you got it from him, I wouldn't have mentioned another coral. He's an honest guy.

Gotcha!

I had just been doing homework on the frags and whatnot before I got them and this one is so nicely colored!

I know you meant well, sorry if it came out short, I have been snippy with everyone since the accident, I don't think being in constant pain from migraines and 3 herniated discs helps..... I know your intentions were good.

Still waiting on results from the neurologist........ Making a call tomorrow. -_-

So did a Mod to the plumbing to the SUMP today so I can sleep in peace and not have to adjust the valve every other day and added another valve. Everything is completely silent!

15 gallon WC and some moving of frags around later I am pleased. I will post some more pics tonight.

I posted this pic for the POTM not expecting a win but I appreciate any and all votes.

546156_10150708789694029_2082915739_n.jpg

Love it. I had a pair in my BC14. Really loved watching them. Couldn't deal with the constant sandstorms. I think my sand was too fine.

Jacob042426

I went to tanks a lot today, and it was awesome! omgomgomg the guys were very nice and they had some sick corals. i got a pink and green chalice, a cool acan, some zoas, and a pretty 4 mouth ricordia. and they accidentaly broke a piece of an acro in the display trying to get me a majano for my jars, and gave me the broken piece. :) they also had this war coral for $25 that was red and purple, you should go snatch it up. i would definetly go there many more times. you are lucky you are so close to it. :P

oh, and the display was really foggy because one of the big clams spawned! :o

Archived