Pod Your Reef

Genj's 115G MH+Radion Combo Custom | 60x22x20 - NEW FishEye Pics 11/26!

Genj

Thanks Zeph. I really enjoy them, and I'll keep them free from any other at the moment, as both of them appear healthy.

As for the Setosa, its very white and thin looking. I wonder if it would be proper to shade it from the light and let it get some downtime. I did use the vortech to blow off all the gunk that was on it. Not sure what else to do.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awesome job on the in-tank pics and the vacation trip pics.

Thanks for the compliments!

Just got back from Key West, here are some additional pics from the trip:

dt.jpg

dt1.jpg

dt2.jpg

dt3.jpg

dt4.jpg

dt5.jpg

dt6.jpg

dt7.jpg

dt8.jpg

dt9.jpg

dt10.jpg

dt11.jpg

beau.jpg

beau2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
jedimasterben

Any chance I could get a video of how you have the MP40s running? Is it working out well to have one on the front left and one on the rear right? I'm trying to rescape, and having one on the back and one on the right (both dead center) seems to limit me on where I can place certain corals like my euphyllias, don't want to give them too much direct flow.

Thanks! :happy:

Few more pictures, and a new FTS on the first page:

This IS how this looks in the tank. Amazing RBTA!

tp29.jpg

The next 3 are realistic on how they coral appears to the eye, but the adjustments I had to make throw off the background into the purple space.

tp30.jpg

tp31.jpg

tp32.jpg

tp33.jpg

tp34.jpg

tp35.jpg

tp36.jpg

tp37.jpg

tp38.jpg

Any chance I could get a video of how you have the MP40s running? Is it working out well to have one on the front left and one on the rear right? I'm trying to rescape, and having one on the back and one on the right (both dead center) seems to limit me on where I can place certain corals like my euphyllias, don't want to give them too much direct flow.

Thanks! :happy:

I have a video, but give me a bit to actually get the dust off my video skills. ;)

I think they create a really nice flow on the front/back setup and I really suggest it. You probably already know how to turn the wet side to keep the flow from blowing your sand all to bits.

nice pictures, whats your setup?

A Canon t2i and with either the stock 18-55 or a 55-255 lens. I have also been using some macro tubes (poor mans macro) to get some of the really close shots. Unfortunately you lose ALL depth of field except about 2mm. Makes for a very stylized (read:poor) or flat shot.

jedimasterben
I have a video, but give me a bit to actually get the dust off my video skills. ;)

I think they create a really nice flow on the front/back setup and I really suggest it. You probably already know how to turn the wet side to keep the flow from blowing you sand all to bits.

MP10 units actually do not have those features on their wet sides. :(

MP10 units actually do not have those features on their wet sides. :(

Now that you mention that, I remember that they are symmetrical. If I could improve the wet side design just a bit, I would put air conditioning style slats in order to move and direct the output.

jedimasterben
Now that you mention that, I remember that they are symmetrical. If I could improve the wet side design just a bit, I would put air conditioning style slats in order to move and direct the output.

I'm actually considering doing something like that, using silicone or something to block two of the holes, except not so much for the bottom of the unit, but the top - no matter how close or far from the water line the unit is, it always sucks in air, guaranteed. I have to turn it down to 50-65% to get it to stop, and that's just not what I want from them.

• 2 weeks later...

A warning. The Brain Worm Coral that I picked up.... definitely has more reach on the nighttime sweepers than I would have thought. To the extent that I saw very fine 3-4" sweepers. Now I realize why my blasto got hit. Luckily I think it will recover!

Would love to see updated sps shots. Although the there is overlap, do you find that the sps colours are th same or better under halides? Thanks.

I'll be taking a few additional shots the first week in December. I've got a monster pink acro coming tomorow that I'm hopeful won't die in shipping!

I think some SPS do better under Halides, and some don't really seem to care. My green slimer has been under LED for years, and looks great. The blue acros seem to have a bit more pop under the Halides. Case in point, I had a blue acro under the LEDs for a year, and it looked okay. Now that it's been under the 250w, it's really looking good.

The next tank I'm planning is a 180 long 30" deep tank that will have LED/MH/LED/MH/LED

Great thread! Thank you for sharing the photos!

Thanks!

Great Pics! I love the SPS photos!

Edit: I love ALL the photos!

SPS certainly provide a great reward when doing well!

saltwatercoral

Looking forward to the new pics myself! Looks awesome! I def want to tsee the new pink acro once it gets in your tank, hope all goes well!

Why is it that every time I go on the other major reef site that I end up dealing with one of the mods or one of the idiots that needs to express their opinion without end? Uggg, thank god for NR!

Archived