SaltCritters.com

Genj's 115G MH+Radion Combo Custom | 60x22x20 - NEW FishEye Pics 11/26!

Genj

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saltwatercoral

Very nice! I love the plumbing and orginization of your sump area! Scape looks great as well! Keep these updates coming and with pics as well! Let me know when you get your MP40wEs... Tell me when the manufaturing date is on the unit because I got mine and it was manufatured in Feb of 2012 and it was from a large batch of bad ones... I had it on my tank for less than 24hrs and the motor died... They are shiiping me a brand new mp40wEs over night so it should be here tomorrow!

Sorry, I don't have any more picture updates, but i do have some non-picture updates and will answer the questions.

• The sump is a standard breeder 40
  • My MP40 was born in November 2011. Think this will be okay?
  • The Cambria (solid surface quartz) has been templated by me in cardboard, and sent to the fabricator. Delivery was promised on 3/13. I should have it in that evening.
  • Cut my standoff brackets out of aluminum for the radions, and sized the central support square. NOTE: my light consists of two radions and a single aqua medic space saver 250 watt MH. I'm going to run the radions a full cycle, and kick the MH light on for about 4 hours each day.

• 2 weeks later...

While there is still much work to be done on the finish part, I'm proud to announce that as far as function goes, I'm pretty much there. Here are the first shots of my efforts of the past 8 months!

tank2.jpg

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

jedimasterben
Anyone know of a place to pick up aquacultured pods? I'd like to seed the tank.

I'd imagine your LFS or Petco would carry Algagen ReefPods.

p-reefpods.jpg

For those that might be curious, the Radion lights have the built in ability to be programmed on a schedule, with individual control of intensity per color channel. Let me say that this feature is great. After building my own light for my Solana, and wishing for an easy way to make this happen on that light, this is a great bonus to the purchase of these lights. Storm / Cloud chances, along with low enough levels to have them act as moonlight make this light really impressive.

Only changes I want to see if an effective diffuser, as the color shadows are very bad. I'm using a 3rd party thin diffuser which help a lot.

Also, I don't think I know anyone else that is doing an LED / MH combo (color looks amazing). My light schedule starts at 8:00 and ramps to peak at 1:30. At 11:30 the 250 MH kicks on and runs until 4:00. The Radions slowly ramp down, and go to night mode at 8:00.

So far, I'm loving these lights!

Just need Ecotech to offer me up an extension cable for the power to light.

• 1 month later...

Decided to post some new pictures. Didn't clean the glass or turn of the pumps and get all my equipment out... but still pretty decent:

fts1.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Good news, my leak liner works! Bad news, I have to take out my make up water staging tank that I made, as it has a slow leak it in somewhere! :angry:

Pulled out my dive camera and took a few pictures. Made no changes to color other than a quick auto-level in PS. Neat to see the tank from a different perspective.

Also added a Flasher Wrasse yesterday. Glad to have one again. My last one killed himself (jumped)

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Amphiprion1

Great pics! The fluorescence the Radions promote is nice, but I still can't quite get used to the color of the light itself. I still prefer the light quality of a good halide.

I also really love the V.I. pics, as well. Someone needs to remind that turtle to eat turtle grass, not manatee grass, lol.

Archived