Coral Vue Hydros

keydivers 40g rimless seagrass/lagoon tank

keydiver

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why are you so much cooler than me :( but really awesome work with everything you've done so far!

Thanks a ton man!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update. Everything has been doing extremely well, and i'm not sure why. It's beyond me. I do absolutely nothing with this tank. Here, let me share my maintenance schedule.

Water change every other month

clean filter sock every few weeks

dump unmeasured amount of fertilizer into tank once a week or whenever I remember.

That's it... I don't have any equipment. Not even a heater. The only thing on this tank is a filter sock and 10g sump with ceramic rings in it. I don't have baffles or anything in the sump. Just submerged media.

Anyways, enough talking, here's the pics... Excuse the dying monti cap. It's from my reef and got wrecked by my AI sol's. don't think it's gonna recover but if not.. food for the beast and algae

macroupdate018.jpg

overhead

macroupdate021.jpg

blue scroll has really started to do well for me

macroupdate011.jpg

dragons breath

macroupdate009.jpg

fuchea + monster bristleworm

macroupdate019.jpg

Awesomely colored bristleworm... about 7-8" long. He's actually pretty photogenic

macroupdate016.jpg

ochtodes

macroupdate005.jpg

new macros, a couple are un-IDed. I got some in a trade and others are RSMAS

macroupdate022.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
drunkenmonk21

Looking great man, you arent every going to put any livestock in here are you :P

What is that red plating algae at the base of the blue scroll?

By the way, The frog is doing awsome, he has grown alot! Eats like a pig.

Looking great man, you arent every going to put any livestock in here are you :P

What is that red plating algae at the base of the blue scroll?

By the way, The frog is doing awsome, he has grown alot! Eats like a pig.

Great o hear it man! My frogs have made it all across teh US :lol: . I keep putting off livestock for this tank...

Oh and the red algae is just like blue scroll, except it's bright red. I haven't found an exact species name for it yet, but it's not coralline It's pretty flimsy and caps out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

love this tank. I'm going to shoot you a pm about purchasing a few things out of your FS thread. SO hard to find unique display algae.. I think it is sooo under rated in tanks.

• 1 month later...

Haven't updated in quite a while. Everything is looking great. I think I'm going to get some new macros soon. I'm also thinking of a pair of red mandarin gobies. I have a large population of pods, bristleworms, and mysid shrimp. I have about 300 mysid shrimp scurrying all over the place, it's pretty cool.

rics508.jpg

Bright orange tunicate that grew from a HH

rics511.jpg

Dragons breath

rics517.jpg

rics510.jpg

"Red ochtodes"

rics512.jpg

Red branching algae

rics516.jpg

my tiny colonies of LAreefs "Lucky metallic macro": Doing much better than they were in my reef tank

rics513.jpg

Overhead

rics514.jpg

red dictyota

rics515.jpg

A really think species of codium- not sure which but it's a slow grower

rics509.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Love the macros!

Thanks!

I love the idea for a pair of mandarins, that would be a very cool addition.

Thanks, it would be pretty awesome. I would do horses, but the lower temps wouldn't really fly with my metal halides

That Tunicate is really cool! I love stuff like that.

It's neat seeing the "grown up version" of my Macro clippings in your pics.

Thanks again!

I also love those macros! Maybe by March I'll have my display fuge set up and get a whole bunch of macros from you if you still gots some!

I also love those macros! Maybe by March I'll have my display fuge set up and get a whole bunch of macros from you if you still gots some!

Thanks Spirofucci! Whenever you're ready, just gimme a holler and I'll hook you up

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
SeahawkReefer

Wow! I love your macro tanks... Your tanks and a couple others on NR have been my inspiration for months! Now im stocking my 10gal macro/softie/invert tank, but very limited macro selection around me... Please PM me when you trim your macros... Id love some halymenia and octodes!

-Aaron

• 1 month later...
BojanMilenkovic

I love the macros,especially the blue scroll,red grapes and dragon breaths,the mangrove is beautiful.The bristle worm is like you said awesomely coloured.You should ad a banded pipefish pair and a seahorse pair,it would be beautiful with them. ;)

This is an awesome tank! So glad to see you still are growing a ton of macros. My hermits ate all the macros I bought off you so when I switch over to my 45 gallon the hermits aren't making the move. Then I can purchse some more of these beauties from you and hope they look half as good in a few months! :)

• 4 months later...

Archived