Top Shelf Aquatics

keydivers 40g rimless seagrass/lagoon tank

keydiver

Did you get your Chameleon algae (I think it is Codium lucasii or Codium setchellii) from the fellow on eBay?

Also, please tell me about monopotassium nitrate...

Your grow out looks like mine! :)

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you get your Chameleon algae (I think it is Codium lucasii or Codium setchellii) from the fellow on eBay?

Also, please tell me about monopotassium nitrate...

Your grow out looks like mine! :)

Yeah, that's where I got it. Thanks much for the scientific, I ate using the common names.

As far as KN03, I was dosing for about 2-3 weeks, until I upped the dosage too much I believe as a lot of my macros got really dark and I got some nasty micro algae on my glass, so I cut the dosing completely and did a WC. I'm going to resume dosing at a reduced rate soon, because I did see a significant brightening of reds and greens, as well as accelerated growth rate.

• 3 weeks later...

Big update. I have alot of stuff in this tank right now, but i'm not very satisfied with the scape. Everything is growing well, so I think I may be deepening the sandbed and introducing halophila englemanni, star grass, as a colonizer seagrass for the sandbed. I'll probably redo the scape, and get some epoxy to make some taller towers that take up less floor space. I'm hoping to start soon. Anyways, here are pics of what it currently looks like. Enjoy and comment! The water was kinda cloudy because I just cleaned the filter.

reefupdates182.jpg

reefupdates178.jpg

reefupdates176.jpg

reefupdates173.jpg

reefupdates168.jpg

reefupdates171.jpg

reefupdates172.jpg

reefupdates167.jpg

reefupdates165.jpg

reefupdates162.jpg

reefupdates169.jpg

reefupdates161.jpg

still looking at options for a species tank. I think it'd be cool to have a school of flame cardinals or firefish.

I think harleys would be cool also, and the starfish death would just fuel macros.

Any other ideas are greatly welcomed.

reefupdates171.jpg

What is this plating macro? Because I had it Or something realativey close to it and it begun to wrap itself around my dendros and zoas. Preventing the corals to open water and light. It plated just a little but was covering the corals. Pain in the a$$ to peal off the corals without hurting the colony's.

What is this plating macro? Because I had it Or something realativey close to it and it begun to wrap itself around my dendros and zoas. Preventing the corals to open water and light. It plated just a little but was covering the corals. Pain in the a$$ to peal off the corals without hurting the colony's.

I have yet to ID this one. I purchased a small piece of LR just so i could have the macro

drunkenmonk21

Plants look good, did you start adding more sand yet? Ive got 3-4 inch sand bed in my 40b, thought about adding seagrass but I dont want it to out-compete my macros. Plus my Pistol likes to bury crap.

And where did you get turbinaria, Ive been watching GCE like a hawk :( I ordered a brown sampler with my order Saturday. Fingures crossed :D

Cant wait to see what you do with the scape.

Plants look good, did you start adding more sand yet? Ive got 3-4 inch sand bed in my 40b, thought about adding seagrass but I dont want it to out-compete my macros. Plus my Pistol likes to bury crap.

And where did you get turbinaria, Ive been watching GCE like a hawk :( I ordered a brown sampler with my order Saturday. Fingures crossed :D

Cant wait to see what you do with the scape.

I haven't started adding sand yet, though i've been thinking about it. I kinda want to switch up my rockwork to save space and move that fat bush of red grape into one of the back corners. I actually collected the turbinaria not too long ago. It's pretty common down here, but I must say that it's a challenge to keep alive due to lighting needs.

I think I might change around my rockwork today. I'm unsatisfied with my sculptures and there a lot of wasted space, so I'm going to try to make it look better and move that gigantic red grape bush onto one side so I have open space.

I think you need a really nice fish, something that pops.

But the question is what? I could do a species tank, but I just don't know what would be cool. A nice bright angler or frog would be nice but they rarely stay the color you buy them.

altolamprologus
A disturbance so great, it has the power to shift matter and life itself :o

This calls for pics. Lots and lots of pics.

And now... Without further a-do. DRUM ROLL PLEASEEEEEEE

Piturzzzz

Here's an old FTS

reefupdates182.jpg

And the new

macrorescape002.jpg

macrorescape005.jpg

macrorescape004.jpg

macrorescape036.jpg

macrorescape035.jpg

macrorescape014.jpg

macrorescape032.jpg

macrorescape031.jpg

macrorescape018.jpg

macrorescape006.jpg

macrorescape008.jpg

macrorescape009.jpg

macrorescape017.jpg

macrorescape015.jpg

I know I know, my photography skills are superb

Oh wow! Much better!!! This is a very cool, unique set up. I really like it!

Have you made any decisions regarding fish?

Oh wow! Much better!!! This is a very cool, unique set up. I really like it!

Have you made any decisions regarding fish?

Thanks for the kind words! Ive been brainstorming or fish but I honestly don't know yet. An angler or frog would be awesome, but I think a school of smaller passive fish would be cool too. I'm considering flame cardinals. I also think a species tank for se cool invert would be sweet also. GAHHH theres too many choices

Archived