Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacob's Elos Mini

Jacobnano

I've got two more years in high schools. Rats.

Sell it all and create a top-notch pico! CADLights style.

Haha!

We will see, depending on where I am going I may be studying the reefs anyway ;)

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IMG_1009.jpg

6366076629_c6351abcf9_z.jpg

These two are awesome :) Looking good! Moar top down shots!

Also, what did you use as like a light shield thing (idk what to call it) on the sides of your AI?

ooh yay frags are off the sand :D

These two are awesome :) Looking good! Moar top down shots!

Also, what did you use as like a light shield thing (idk what to call it) on the sides of your AI?

ooh yay frags are off the sand :D

Thanks! :) Maybe later :P

At first I had no idea what you are talking about, now I understand. I don't have a shield of any sort, I think you are just seeing the light from the LEDs lighting up their own plastic casing.

Ya! It is much nicer.

are you going to sell those frags or just havn't decided where to mount them?

I am going to sell them actually :D

Wow looks great so far jacob im glad everything turned out so well. Keep it up bud

Thanks man! Yea, I lost some coral unfortunately, but so far it looks pretty good :)

Thanks! :) Maybe later :P

At first I had no idea what you are talking about, now I understand. I don't have a shield of any sort, I think you are just seeing the light from the LEDs lighting up their own plastic casing.

Ya! It is much nicer.

More of the clams! :D

Haha fail, Idk why I thought they would need one :lol:

I love the scape. Most folks just pile a bunch or rocks on top of each other.

Thanks! It took a lot more effort, but I think it was completely worth it :)

More of the clams! :D

Haha fail, Idk why I thought they would need one :lol:

Haha maaaaybe.

Who knows :P I do really like the light though, it is sooooo sleek.

They are very nice, I love the design! If they were cheaper, I'd get two for my 55

Oh I could barely afford mine, and I missed the darn price drop lol. I did switch out the the white LEDs though, well I, myself, didn't ha.

Oh I could barely afford mine, and I missed the darn price drop lol. I did switch out the the white LEDs though, well I, myself, didn't ha.

Why did you switch out the whites? What did you replace them with? It looks like the Sol Blue

Why did you switch out the whites? What did you replace them with? It looks like the Sol Blue

I replaced the cool whites with neutral whites. It is a Sol Blue, it still has white though, the stock one does as well. One blue LED, one Royal Blue, and one cool white, which are now neutral whites. Evil recommended and helped me do it :D

I replaced the cool whites with neutral whites. It is a Sol Blue, it still has white though, the stock one does as well. One blue LED, one Royal Blue, and one cool white, which are now neutral whites. Evil recommended and helped me do it :D

Oh, I didn't know you could do that, I think I assumed it would void the warranty or something

Does it look whiter? Or bring out the red/pinks in coral better?

It is more of a yellow colored LED actually, and I think it looks way better. Nope nope, they kind of want you to actually. The whole thing is modular and easily modified.

My Oh My! What a wonderful surprise! great job jacob. i like the scape and corals placement. everything is coloring up nicely!

Thanks D! Yea still a little ways to go on color, but they are getting there :)

The tank is looking great Jacob!!

Thanks man!

Where can I find more info on swapping out the LEDs? I have a Sol Blue too.

Well if you read their site it talks about how you can take out the pucks. From there you just have to swap out the individual LED on the puck. I did not do it myself so I cannot be too much help, sorry.

Awesome. I love Harlequins!

They are so cool indeed!

That Harlequin looks so cool. I hate looking at other people's tanks.. makes me wanna change stock sometimes.. lol.

Haha, yea I have that same problem.

Archived