Top Shelf Aquatics

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's just shriveled. (:lol:) He looks okay, the tentacles are open just not as inflated.

He is just saying F you right now. I bet he is fine in a few days, just let him be lol

Hey Joel,

Let's back up a few months to when you constructed Cape Horn, are you having any issues with any of your rubble coming of your PVC? Is there anything you might do differently? You used gorilla glue, am I correct? I need to cover a few pieces of PVC for something in my new tank setup.

Thanks,

Rob

He is just saying F you right now. I bet he is fine in a few days, just let him be lol

My tank is just saying F you right now :lol:

Dude, cheer up. Everyone will be happy as soon as they realize they are no longer living in the ghetto, but now in Beverly Hills!

The Beverly Reefbillies, as it were.

Hey Joel,

Let's back up a few months to when you constructed Cape Horn, are you having any issues with any of your rubble coming of your PVC? Is there anything you might do differently? You used gorilla glue, am I correct? I need to cover a few pieces of PVC for something in my new tank setup.

Thanks,

Rob

Nope, no issues whatsoever and I would not change how I did it. B) The PVC is attached to the glass via gorilla glue but that's the only time I used that. The rock and sand is attached with GE1 window/door silicone, it smells so bad though before it cures. On my first post I made a link to building it if you want to look again, I know my thread is hard to hunt through for specific info without that table of contents.

Looking forward to how your tank is coming together, you got AI Sols right?

Looking forward to how your tank is coming together, you got AI Sols right?

Thanks for the info. My setup is stalled for the next few days with the upcoming holidays and all but should get it SALT wet in the next week or so. It better get SALT wet soon as I purchased some awesome LR today and the LFS is being nice enough to hold it for me.

Indeed, I did get my 2 SOL Blue units and controller. They really rock. I totally enjoy setting off a lightning storm at night in complete darkness. I was at a new LFS today and saw the Radion fixture and was not really impressed, I do like the Sols so much better.

Here's a quick shot of what my tank currently looks like with the SOLS. It's currently filled with fresh water, still undergoing it's leak test. I know two+++ weeks is a long time to do a leak test. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rob

DSCN0811.jpg

Looks great Rob!

You're right Candy, just power through!

Okay got back from the mall shopping for parents gift:

Mom:

-Bath and Body Works gift box of stuff that smells similar to her favorite but now discontinued smell.

-Winter flag for her garden flag pole

-$150 gift card to Dressbarn (I know, I know but I don't know the first thing about buying anything female clothes related and that will get her a couple outfits and then some I think).

Dad:

-Ralph Lauren Christmas Red zippered pullover

-Taylormade Tour Burner 3 fairway wood

How'd I do?

:)

Yes mam, he's got a driver and a rescue wood but this will be a nice middle club for >200 yard shots.

Me and him like to play a lot.

Looks great Rob!

You're right Candy, just power through!

Okay got back from the mall shopping for parents gift:

Mom:

-Bath and Body Works gift box of stuff that smells similar to her favorite but now discontinued smell.

-Winter flag for her garden flag pole

-$150 gift card to Dressbarn (I know, I know but I don't know the first thing about buying anything female clothes related and that will get her a couple outfits and then some I think).

Dad:

-Ralph Lauren Christmas Red zippered pullover

-Taylormade Tour Burner 3 fairway wood

How'd I do?

You're a good son! Thank the good Lord my wife does all the shopping. In the last few years, I grab my son and we go out shopping for Mama, bu not till the 23rd or 4th!

You're a good son! Thank the good Lord my wife does all the shopping. In the last few years, I grab my son and we go out shopping for Mama, bu not till the 23rd or 4th!

Thanks :) and yeah I've been there before, if I wasn't meeting friends/ex coworkers at the mall I would have put it off longer.

Joel...are you an only child?

What gave it away? :huh::)

Okay also, on top of being Danielle's 666th post I'm pismo's 666th post and your (Gena) 666th post.

:eek:

How close you are with your parents. Reminds me of my family :)

Don't worry Joel...it's just a number!!!!!

You're an only child too? :)

Or Joel is actually the devil... :scarry:

Just kidding!

Oh noes!

I was just going to buy dad a round of golf, I used to play but havent in about 10 years.

You really take care of your parents!

I still need to go shopping.......

Btw, Joel, I meant to ask you since your tank is the same length as my new one. How much flow do you have total? How much would you recommend (in gph) I have for a 36" long 30 gallon?

I like to play :) anymore I just like getting out, turning the phone off, and drinking beer/playing golf/hanging out with my dad and friends.

Must be nice to live in a place you can play year round.

And I try to take care of them because they have funded all my expensive hobbies over the years. I was an expensive child. Now I'm an expensive adult :lol:

Felicia, I have like 1400gph total but I don't think it's enough. I'm looking at the aquastyles online wave maker and that would up it to 3650gph.

Felicia, I have like 1400gph total but I don't think it's enough. I'm looking at the aquastyles online wave maker and that would up it to 3650gph.

Wow... I have 350 gph in my 10 gallon right now so my thought process was to just tripple that. I may go broke trying to buy a powerhead for this new tank, haha.

I just looked at Aquastyles and that seems like a good deal for what all you get. I may have to throw one in with my LED order. Have heard from anyone that has it? Like is it reliable and well made?

It's a good deal, and I've heard it's a good pump but the problem is the size. I've only seen one picture and it appears to be the length from finger tip to wrist. It would replace my 750. I have a few dead spots I want to fix and I'd like to have some sort of wave making capacity. MP's are nice but it seems like they need to be serviced after a year. I dunno, the price makes the short lifespan unacceptable to me.

No. I have 2 brothers. I meant my family now. It's just me, my husband, and my son.

Ah, I got you now :)

I have a big extended family. Mom has 2 brothers and a sister, dad has 2 brothers and a sister. Each of those have 3 kids. And one of my cousins has 3 kids and another cousin has 2. Yup. Holidays are crazy!

Nice!

They are probably one of the most delicate species. Not much people have luck with them.

Too bad they are gorgeous. :angry:

Archived