Coral Vue Hydros

Cape Horn

JoelRHale

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice. Pretty real. I have a t-shirt silkscreening company as a side business so I have to tweak a lot of art from artists. It's hard to find people that can free hand draw these days.

That's cool, my first job was at a tshirt factory. Do you have a link to your portfolio? What programs do you mainly use?

Hahah, thanks for making that sound dirty. Brad and Gena will just love this :P

That's the point, did you see them on Brady's thread? :P

That's cool, my first job was at a tshirt factory. Do you have a link to your portfolio? What programs do you mainly use?

Photoshop and illustrator cs5. I used to use coreldraw but since I switched to Mac I figure I just buckle down and only use illustrator. Coreldraw is easier but illustrator is more powerful. No portfolio. Too burnt to keep one. I do mostly everything myself. It takes most of my free time so when I'm done. I'm done. Burnt by the end of the day.

My bad, coulda sworn it was his thread, but it was yours :embarrassed:

Jesus my sig is huge. I need to make it smaller I think lol.

Yep. I noticed it in my thread, silly. :lol:

And yes your sig is kind of huge. Its awesome looking though so its ok. B)

Photoshop and illustrator cs5. I used to use coreldraw but since I switched to Mac I figure I just buckle down and only use illustrator. Coreldraw is easier but illustrator is more powerful. No portfolio. Too burnt to keep one. I do mostly everything myself. It takes most of my free time so when I'm done. I'm done. Burnt by the end of the day.

I hear that. I started GD to balance my work load out and have some "easy" classes. My capstone design class nearly killed me. :eek:

I hated Ai but now that I know it, it is so much more powerful. The Pen Tool is truly mightier than the sword. :lol:

Say if I wanted a shirt made, and I had the Ai files, how easy/what kind of cost/minimum order would I have to have? I don't have anything in mind right now, just curious.

Edit: forgot you were in Hawaii. Never mind! :lol:

And yes it is kind of huge. Its awesome looking though so its ok. B)

Ftfy. Sorry, I had to. :haha:

Cost depends on how many colors in your design, how many shirts you do, how many hits on a shirt, and what grade/color shirt you do. Each color needs a screen and film positive. Normally it's $40 per screen and $10 per film. You can use two side of the screen so if you wanted a front and back print, they should fit on one screen. Which you probably already know. Sorry, forgot you worked in a factory. Blanks are around $2-4. Printing is usually around $2-6. Ballpark. There's a lot of variables not really knowing what your art is..... Or maybe trade for some frags. ...

You suck -_-

:D Sorry but it was too good to pass up.

Cost depends on how many colors in your design, how many shirts you do, how many hits on a shirt, and what grade/color shirt you do. Each color needs a screen and film positive. Normally it's $40 per screen and $10 per film. You can use two side of the screen so if you wanted a front and back print, they should fit on one screen. Which you probably already know. Sorry, forgot you worked in a factory. Blanks are around $2-4. Printing is usually around $2-6. Ballpark. There's a lot of variables not really knowing what your art is..... Or maybe trade for some frags. ...

:lol: Will work for frags.

Also, just pulled the trigger on:

1. Superman 

2. JF Grinch/Reverse Sunset

3. Pokerstar 

4. Rainbow

5. Tyree Sunset

6. Tyree Verrucosa

7. Spumosa Monty

Sweet! That's going to be a nice set of stuff. I guess you guys worked out an acceptable price? You'll have to post some pictures when you get the frags :D

Sweet! That's going to be a nice set of stuff. I guess you guys worked out an acceptable price? You'll have to post some pictures when you get the frags :D

No I just swallowed my shame and am paying the full price. :lol: I don't feel great about it but they aren't regular coral and a good investment. :)

Oh ok. Well I hope you are happy with them! They are nice corals and yeah they're not very big frags, but they'll grow :) I just hope you didn't buy from him just because I referred you to him or something. It wouldn't have been an issue for you to decide the price was too high.

Oh ok. Well I hope you are happy with them! They are nice corals and yeah they're not very big frags, but they'll grow :) I just hope you didn't buy from him just because I referred you to him or something. It wouldn't have been an issue for you to decide the price was too high.

Well it's not set in stone yet, but they are nice stuff. I asked him about doa guarantee. That will be the deal breaker. It's probably a good idea to sleep on it regardless. :)

Here ya go...the pictures I promised...

oh! nice!

1. Superman 

3. Pokerstar 

4. Rainbow

5. Tyree Sunset

6. Tyree Verrucosa

7. Spumosa Monty

:naughtydance:

More corals? Yay :)

How are your 2 new fishies doing? Are they everything you dreamed of and more?

One died, the other was chosen and he is doing well. :)

Hey Joel! Congrats on getting into lawschool! I take it that's not your first choice?

Thanks! It's a top 3 pick for me. They have certainly been very good at communicating with me. I got a call from a 2L student who just wanted to make sure I didn't have any questions and that I knew about the open house which I already signed up for.

oh! nice!

:naughtydance:

:D

Hmmm...Joel you know ima need a frag of that verrucosa...

Okay. :) when they grow out I definitely plan on sharing with ma frans.

its finally done downloading! it is a very confusing software where do i start???

Ha. Haha. You could use Photoshop for the rest of your life and still not know everything about that program. It's awesome. I use it everyday at work. Good job everyone on the new sigs! It helps my visual mind keep everyone straight.

:rant:

oh it's funny is it? It's not your lobster he stole! fume fume fume.

I'm sorry, but I find it hilarious :P

How dare someone steal a foot a sexy as yours.

:lol: Will work for frags.

1. Superman 

3. Pokerstar 

4. Rainbow

5. Tyree Sunset

6. Tyree Verrucosa

7. Spumosa Monty

Sweet list. I'm putting a hold on my collecting for money reasons. Forcing myself to let the things I have grow out ;)

Sweet list. I'm putting a hold on my collecting for money reasons. Forcing myself to let the things I have grow out ;)

Thanks! That's easier to do with a 12 gallon, my 40 still looks like a barren wasteland even with at last count 35 colonies. :lol: this will probably be the last coral I buy for a while. Definitely the last coral I buy before law school. It was either this or a Mr. Coral order and get a free clam but I decided to get the "name brand" coral as a better investment.

Archived