Innovative Marine Aquariums

SHOW us your Anglers

wartskin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Phew* Glad I didn't pay the price of a maculatus for a pictus.

Here are some more decent shots

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03834.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

(stupid photobucket won't show the upright version even after editing...)

I will be soon setting up a 20l angler tank. I think they are so cute....

Do they climb? Would it be ok to put a glass top on the tank to help with evap? Im not going to have corals only some macros....

thanks!

belle

Climb??? Um yes and no... will it climb out of the tank? No......, could it jump out? Sure, just like any other fish could. So put tops on no biggie

Thanks for the reply. Im doin as much research as possible and taking my time with setting up the tank.

any ideas on a good first time angler and one that will be fine in a 20l?

thanks!

Thanks for the reply. Im doin as much research as possible and taking my time with setting up the tank.

any ideas on a good first time angler and one that will be fine in a 20l?

thanks!

Check out Frogfish.ch to find the size that fits cause some of these fish get to be basketballs!!!

What else... a WARTSKIN of course ;) but really their a tough fish to keep IMO, not that its husbandry so much, but the fish itself.... kinda like tangs being ich magnets, well anglers have their own issues as well, SADS sudden angler death syndrome

Very nice looking fish. I have a 4" lawnmowr blenny that needs a tank mate, do you think the two would get along?

I only want one more fish for the tank, it is only a 20g tall.

Very nice looking fish. I have a 4" lawnmowr blenny that needs a tank mate, do you think the two would get along?

I only want one more fish for the tank, it is only a 20g tall.

Iam sure a frog would love a LMB for a tankmate, but the truth is, it would get eaten! :D Frogfish are highly recommended as a speices only fish, will eat most anything.....really!!

ok here are my kids!

here is where they live, 27 gallon bowfront. Lots of rock and some corals and hermits.

062.jpg

Here are some BOWSER pictures (A. pictus)

039.jpg

064-1.jpg

073.jpg

Here are some MUSHU pictures (L. lithinostomus)

013-1.jpg

mushuswims021.jpg

mushuswims028.jpg

And here they are together

005-1.jpg

081.jpg

mushuswims031.jpg

I have had bowser for 4 1/2 months and mushu for 2 1/2 months. No problems with them together so far. they dont often hang out by eachother, they kinda have their own spots that they like, but sometimes i catch them together and snap some pics. When i ordered mushu from live aquaria i was purchasing an A. species but instead an L.lithinostomus showed up at my door :P

Also, i have some videos of them both here at my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/meldav86

This is Rogue.

photo-10marked.jpg

Rouge likes Frozen Formula One Cubes.

He's a good puppy.

:D

2011-06-26_17-03-20_206.jpg

That last pic is awesome!

*Phew* Glad I didn't pay the price of a maculatus for a pictus.

Here are some more decent shots

DSC03832.jpg

DSC03834.jpg

DSC03833.jpg

(stupid photobucket won't show the upright version even after editing...)

ok here are my kids!

here is where they live, 27 gallon bowfront. Lots of rock and some corals and hermits.

062.jpg

Here are some BOWSER pictures (A. pictus)

039.jpg

064-1.jpg

073.jpg

Here are some MUSHU pictures (L. lithinostomus)

013-1.jpg

mushuswims021.jpg

mushuswims028.jpg

And here they are together

005-1.jpg

081.jpg

mushuswims031.jpg

I have had bowser for 4 1/2 months and mushu for 2 1/2 months. No problems with them together so far. they dont often hang out by eachother, they kinda have their own spots that they like, but sometimes i catch them together and snap some pics. When i ordered mushu from live aquaria i was purchasing an A. species but instead an L.lithinostomus showed up at my door :P

Also, i have some videos of them both here at my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/meldav86

• 2 weeks later...
altolamprologus
So cool love the white toe nails haha, nice sponge too, B) have you got em to eat yet?

Yeah, I fed him a ghost shrimp gut-loaded with prime reef flakes. I know it's not the healthiest, but it was what I could get quick.

staring at himself

IMG_2059.jpg

Archived