Top Shelf Aquatics

SHOW us your Anglers

wartskin

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knives2886

very nice! what other fish do you have in the tank with the angler?? i want to get one but im afraid it will eat my other fish.

very nice! what other fish do you have in the tank with the angler?? i want to get one but im afraid it will eat my other fish.

None he's the only fish, be very afraid :o they like to eat. Best kept as a species only, I do have hermits, starfish, a snail, corals, two clams, and a sand dollar ;)

do these guys bite? cause my clown's biting is getting stronger, and it is actually starting to hurt. wonder what it would be like to be bitten by one of these chunky fellows :/

Bongo Shrimp

They don't even bite their food so no they would not bite a human. And plus when they see your hand coming for them they just lower their head and try to look like a rock.

Bongo Shrimp
So freaking cute! If I had more than 1 salt tank I would have an angler for sure :)

Yeah that's what I said and then I got another tank so I could get an angler. :D

What size tanks do you guys have those in? It must be hard to keep a reef with them as they seem to be very messy eaters :lol: . How often do you feed??

Either way awesome fish guys. I really like the wartskin!

I havent had an angler for a while but the one I want again, is a hawaiian A. tuberosus. More golem like, and a lot smaller than even A. maculatus

well the more and more i see your angler the more i want one :wub: looks like im going to set up an aggressive tank! B)

Thanks I love these fish too ;)

Sweet set it up B)

This is Rogue.

photo-10marked.jpg

Rouge likes Frozen Formula One Cubes.

He's a good puppy.

:D

When you said he eats frozen cubes I had to watch :o wow way cool! I like the black ones that was gonna be my next choice how big is he?

that looks like a pictus or commerson's. I dont remember how those two move their lures, but way too big for a nano either way

do these guys bite? cause my clown's biting is getting stronger, and it is actually starting to hurt. wonder what it would be like to be bitten by one of these chunky fellows :/

They don't bite they inhale and I don't think it would bother ya :huh:

What size tanks do you guys have those in? It must be hard to keep a reef with them as they seem to be very messy eaters :lol: . How often do you feed??

Either way awesome fish guys. I really like the wartskin!

I have mine in a 14gal.

I have corals and its just fine. ;) they inhale their prey not chew like a puffer so the only mess is the dog poop sized $#!? they take :P

I feed on Wed. & Sun. Silversides

I havent had an angler for a while but the one I want again, is a hawaiian A. tuberosus. More golem like, and a lot smaller than even A. maculatus

Would love to see it when ya get it post a pic here when ya do

Bongo Shrimp

The teeth looking things are probably just tissue. They have a lot of funky shaped tissue all over their bodies. Rogue is about 4" long. All anglers can change colors and quite quickly. Rogue was black but due to all the HA (I'm working on it) and the orange mushrooms and serpent star he has turned dark green with a few orangey red spots. Do NOT buy for color. And yes, anglers (and a lot of other fish) use suction feeding and then they swallow their prey whole.

Archived