Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

March's 15g. Taking the tank down

Reef Casa

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

marc i told once already but i'll tell you again, you have the PERFECT tank! lol i'm thinking about copying your style a little with a 20 long but not without your blessing lol

This is just some attempts at macro with a borrowed lens

Its much harder than I thought it was!

I have a new appreciation for macro photography and peoples work like Rehype and Tron

IMG_1457.jpg

whats the 4th pic of SPS?

i want it :happy:

This tank is freakin sweet!!

I'm definitely following along.

Hey Lee happy your are following

Nice shots Marc

thanks again Hype

its your photos that made me ask my friends to borrow the lens

marc i told once already but i'll tell you again, you have the PERFECT tank! lol i'm thinking about copying your style a little with a 20 long but not without your blessing lol

lol yeah I think I remember you saying that once

you have my blessing lol :)

whats the 4th pic of SPS?

i want it :happy:

its orange / red digitata

fairly inexpensive and easy to keep SPS

side note

finally bought an mp10 es

I can't decide on where to put it though

I'm trying to eliminate all the dead spots but its not looking too good

SouthFlorida_Tron
This is just some attempts at macro with a borrowed lens

Its much harder than I thought it was!

I have a new appreciation for macro photography and peoples work like Rehype and Tron

IMG_1442-1.jpg

IMG_1463.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

Few things... First, looking amazing! Next, great shots. Last, omfg I was tagged and didn't know it? Super flattering and amazing to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Hype lol....let alone on March's thread! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Few things... First, looking amazing! Next, great shots. Last, omfg I was tagged and didn't know it? Super flattering and amazing to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Hype lol....let alone on March's thread! :blush: :blush: :blush:

Hey thanks tron!! I'll let you know next time if I tag you again

Finding proper placement for this vortech is frustrating

I have a large dead spot of the far right of the tank because the fluval's flow doesn't reach all the way

I got the MP10 in order to even it out but the shrooms, ricordias , hammer and frogspawn are hating the flow!

I think I have to do some massive coral re arrangement

SouthFlorida_Tron
Hey thanks tron!! I'll let you know next time if I tag you again

Finding proper placement for this vortech is frustrating

I have a large dead spot of the far right of the tank because the fluval's flow doesn't reach all the way

I got the MP10 in order to even it out but the shrooms, ricordias , hammer and frogspawn are hating the flow!

I think I have to do some massive coral re arrangement

It happens.... I have it worked out pretty nicely, but of course there are dead spots....

It happens.... I have it worked out pretty nicely, but of course there are dead spots....

you can never get rid of all of them?

How do you manage them?

my sand always turns funky colors in those places and accumulates tons of detritus

SouthFlorida_Tron
you can never get rid of all of them?

How do you manage them?

my sand always turns funky colors in those places and accumulates tons of detritus

Well like look a my scape, the way the rocks are there's bound to be parts that can't have nice flow, but that's reef keeping, beautiful design, yet dead spots, or high flow everywhere, and hideous scape lol....

So I finally eliminated the two major dead spots with the vortech but the shrooms hate it

They are all shrivelled up and one let go of the rock it was on

The large hammer colony is also pissed

What mode are you running on your vortech?

Lagoon level 3-4

Anything lower doesn't help my dead spot / algae problem

I get brown / red slime algae on the sand bed within a couple days of cleaning it

Increased flow has always solved this problem

Work your Vortech up every day over the course of a week so everythings not pissed...also when your done feeding - try out short pulse or nutrient transport. It'll help keep the slime off your sand :D

Ahhhh.... Need to get my parameters level first. Then if you have anything left I will finally drop by for a peek and buy. Alot of ifs and whens with little to no free time.

IMG_0277.jpg

I need more coral!

Ahhhh.... Need to get my parameters level first. Then if you have anything left I will finally drop by for a peek and buy. Alot of ifs and whens with little to no free time.

I need more coral!

When ever your ready

" little to no free time. " = story of my life

You can never have enough corals!

still my fav tank on nanoreef. good job man

fav tank!? Wow. Thank you. It means a lot to me. Really makes me smile to hear that :)

I'm about to leave for the LFS. I'm getting the pre LFS jitters gigidy gidy

My tank looks like poop compared to yours, but I do have one suggestion: sit back and let everything grow out! It is definitely a marvel of an aquarium, but I have seen healthy tanks with healthy SPS that look too crowded once everything grows out. Of course you can always "prune" some frags.

Just my opinion.

You still have my vote for TOTM.

My tank looks like poop compared to yours, but I do have one suggestion: sit back and let everything grow out! It is definitely a marvel of an aquarium, but I have seen healthy tanks with healthy SPS that look too crowded once everything grows out. Of course you can always "prune" some frags.

Just my opinion.

You still have my vote for TOTM.

Thanks Rb for the vote and suggestions

Its funny you say this because I actually have begun cutting off pieces and selling them on a local reefing site

its getting really crowded with the SPS growing is every which direction

I think the next step for this tank is a DIY Led fixture so I'll probably relax on the coral buying for a while

Archived