Cultivated Reef

Mitch's 17.4g Reef

_Mitch_

drunkenmonk21
Anyone? Man, what's it going to take to get you guys to post here? Maybe this will help:

monkeydrummert.gif

LOL, tank Looks good cant wait to see the pics with the stunner strip, whats the shipping time?

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait to see the pics with the strips installed :) Tank looks good and i love the firefish.

Thanks, I can't wait either. :happy:

LOL, tank Looks good you got the pics with the stunner in there yet?

Getting it on Friday. I'll post pictures shortly after.

So right now I'm uploading all the pictures and videos from my trip onto my computer. It might take a while but I'll try to get them on youtube and here soon. In other news, the stunner strip and other things I ordered are coming today! I'll post pictures when they're here. Also, I'm planning on buying the clowns tomorrow... can't wait!

Great job ecoxotic... selling the stunner strip without the transformer so I can't plug it in. #######s...

Anyone know where I can get a 24v transformer? Would home depot sell it?

*Some (most) parts sold separately

Yea, really.

I have a bunch of spare transformers in the basement. The manual says it needs to be plugged into an AC 120v transformer that is 24v. I plugged it into an AC 120v one with an output of DC 12v. The light was pretty dim. Do I need to get a transformer that puts out 24v DC?

Good news and bad news for today...

Good news: I came home from the LFS with a True Percula Clown, a Banggai Cardinalfish, and 2 hermits! :)

Bad news: The Purple Firefish went carpet surfing last night :(

Pictures to come later...

great looking tank mitch. how are you liking the eheim with surface skimmer? i'm looking for ideas to battle surface scum in my 60p. thanks!

great looking tank mitch. how are you liking the eheim with surface skimmer? i'm looking for ideas to battle surface scum in my 60p. thanks!

I love the surface skimmer... It gets rid of all the surface scum and leaves the surface glassy and clean. Its also perfectly quiet. I'd highly recommend it!

Mitch - that sux's / sorry to hear about your firefish.

Yea I'm really pissed about it. I guess its sort of my fault because I didn't build a cover. It was also a really bold firefish too, and not to mention pretty friggin' expensive.

Anyone? Man, what's it going to take to get you guys to post here? Maybe this will help:

monkeydrummert.gif

that alone made me want to post on your thread

LETS GET SOME PICS OF THE FISHIES!!!!!!!! :lockdown:

that alone made me want to post on your thread

LETS GET SOME PICS OF THE FISHIES!!!!!!!! :lockdown:

I need to clean the glass and stuff, ill get them up tomorrow.

Okay, so I'm trying to teach my fish a lesson. They should know by now that they shouldn't jump out of the tank but since they seem to neglect this fact I'm going to teach them. Now here's a picture I'm going to show them:

dsc03900x.jpg

Now I hear fish don't have great memories so I'm going to need to do something a little more drastic to get the message across:

dsc03909i.jpg

Yea, that's right... I taped the damn f**ker to the front of the tank so that the other fish can see what will happen to them if they jump.

Let me know if you guys think this is a good approach to teaching my fish.

Okay, so those pictures I was talking about... here they are:

dsc03930k.jpg

A shot of Squirt

dsc03933s.jpg

Another of Squirt

dsc03937h.jpg

dsc03938a.jpg

RPE's

dsc03941uk.jpg

The Ricordea garden slowly coming along

dsc03944uz.jpg

Pink Ric's

dsc03947u.jpg

Green Implosions

dsc03960a.jpg

FTS - 8/21/11

Enjoy, and please comment!

Beautiful pictures Mitch! What kind of clownfish is that? It looks so amazing with that deep black in the body. Everything is looking nice! Keep it up!

Beautiful pictures Mitch! What kind of clownfish is that? It looks so amazing with that deep black in the body. Everything is looking nice! Keep it up!

Thanks! It's a True Percula... my favorite species of clownfish. After seeing them in the Solomon Islands (check out my video) I had to get one for the tank.

I had to order the transformer for the Stunner Strip online since they didn't have it at both Radio Shack or Home Depot. Oh well...

PS: New sig!

Archived