Top Shelf Aquatics

Tron's SPS Legacy

SouthFlorida_Tron

SouthFlorida_Tron
Never seems like the setup is ever complete! Always something I want to change or add etc! LOL glad it's not just me! ;)

Hence why I got a custom build :)

I always desired a skimmer when I learned and started keeping SPS....obviously was without knowledge when I purchased, as in most cases with most people lol

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SouthFlorida_Tron
Why I did some HW before setup lol!

Well I definently did this time around, the bc14 chambers are 3" deep, bc29 are 4" deep... My new custom chambers are 4.5" deep!! Should be rather spacsious over the 24" length! Lol I stressed I wanted a living room in there, all while keep the same width as a bc14 of 15.5" without the curve. Fits flush on the bookcase it will go on. He's even adding a custom made Pico media basket, I'm getting hooked up!

Skimmer will have bubbles? Pfffft, sooo... Chamber 2 will flow into a set of baffles to disperse the bubbles before hitting the pump in #3

SouthFlorida_Tron

I cannot wait! I'm dying to see how the tank will transform with a skimmer making the water wet.

I'm going to ditch chemical filtration (CPE+purigen) for the skimmer, chaeto, & carbon

SouthFlorida_Tron
I want to down the road, but need to get everything else stable first! LOL

Really can't wait for this new tank of yours!

Dude, you & me both.... Sad part is, it should arrive mid novemberish, but will sit under the tree until Christmas. :(

I know I know your resolve is better then mine! I would break that thing out right away and get it going!

The only thing I have patience for (barely) is getting through this algae! LOL

SouthFlorida_Tron

Tell me about it, i have to wait a whole 6 more days until modern warfare 3 releases at midnight next monday lol.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just picked up sony's wireless headphone/headset, its sexy...

SouthFlorida_Tron
ahhaa long time tron, how have you been? :D

Ohhhhhhhhh, just planning a new tank! Ordered a custom Pico, rimless starphire :ninja:

SouthFlorida_Tron
nice, do you have a picture or link on how the new tank loooks like? I kind of curious as to what your plans are lol

Ummmm, it is custom so no pics, but it will be just as high and deep as my bc14, but +9" in length... Rimless, & 4.5" rear depth chamber instead of 3....lol

Gonna be running a tunze 9002 on it, custom media basket, similar setup to what I have now, just a few more gallons, rimless, and skimmer :)

Gonna be sweet, as soon as it arrives later this month I'll post pics for sure

Deleted User 4

damnn sounds like a win-win, can't wait to see. what are your future livestock plans for that custom tank? btw how much did it costs? because I'm thinking that in case there's an earthquake that crashes my tank, I have a justified reason for getting a new tank, and that custom tank can be one of the options as well. :D

SouthFlorida_Tron
damnn sounds like a win-win, can't wait to see. what are your future livestock plans for that custom tank? btw how much did it costs? because I'm thinking that in case there's an earthquake that crashes my tank, I have a justified reason for getting a new tank, and that custom tank can be one of the options as well. :D

About $300 for size of glass.... Then $100 for shipping

Just going to be a direct swap of the current setup

SouthFlorida_Tron

heres another reason, just straight up lack of space lol

frags growing into each other everywhere

6307979215_4abb83eb95_z.jpg

Tight Quarters 11-1-11 by SFL_Tron, on Flickr

Deleted User 4

mmmm I see, I don't know about direct swapping it with your current livestock, I mean why swap when you can just add new livestock to that new custom tank lol, I understand that your frags are growing into each other but still lol. If you do direct swap, what are you going to do with your well operating biocube? Mmmm but then again, if you do setup new livestock for that new custom tank, you would have to add new lights? mmm ;)

SouthFlorida_Tron

ya, im not addin a tank, im replacing :) its a perfect size match just longer, and ill be selling the biocube glass, and mj900/media basket online here most likely...

only bummer is, as i said, cannot use it until after christmas lol...its a gift....

biocubes have that black plastic look and theyre curved, this new rimless will sparkle under the Aqua Illumination!

Tell me about it, i have to wait a whole 6 more days until modern warfare 3 releases at midnight next monday lol.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just picked up sony's wireless headphone/headset, its sexy...

What's your psn name ? I'm counting down the days to get mw3 as well getting tired of black ops. What headset did you get ?

SouthFlorida_Tron
What's your psn name ? I'm counting down the days to get mw3 as well getting tired of black ops. What headset did you get ?

Simply_Tron_954 :ninja:

i used to just run speakers and the bluetooth headset mic, ive been shopping for wireless headphones with a mic, and just heard about Sony's Wireless Headset, its big as comfy headphones with a slick mic on the side, great sound, comfortable, and wireless! controls are awesome.....hearing sounds ive never heard before lol

just a tip, it retails for $99 anywhere, Kmart.com has it for $79.99 so i just did an instore pickup lol

Deleted User 4

mmm I see, sounds good. Yeah, I agree that your custom tank will look better than the biocube. That is like a really nice gift from who I wonder? lol B)

Simply_Tron_954 :ninja:

i used to just run speakers and the bluetooth headset mic, ive been shopping for wireless headphones with a mic, and just heard about Sony's Wireless Headset, its big as comfy headphones with a slick mic on the side, great sound, comfortable, and wireless! controls are awesome.....hearing sounds ive never heard before lol

just a tip, it retails for $99 anywhere, Kmart.com has it for $79.99 so i just did an instore pickup lol

Thanks I'm going to check that out. Getting tired of using the Bluetooth, mine isn't holding a charge anymore.

SouthFlorida_Tron
mmm I see, sounds good. Yeah, I agree that your custom tank will look better than the biocube. That is like a really nice gift from who I wonder? lol B)

Lol the parents actually... They found it more practical than a $500 prime dslr lens!

Thanks I'm going to check that out. Getting tired of using the Bluetooth, mine isn't holding a charge anymore.

I'd highly recommend it, you hear everything, people running, claymore planted, reloads.... You can control the level of just game, blend game & voice& while in menus, I go full voice to hear better...I love the surround feature. Stereo just doesn't give you a good idea where it's coming from.

Archived