Pod Your Reef

The Tridacna Clam Picture Thread!

Bongo Shrimp

I'm no expert so IDK, hopefully someone who knows will chime in. As long as it attached itself that way I'm not as worried. I thought maybe you put it like that.

the clam has changed his position and is pointing more straight up now. stll moving itself around to find a position it really likes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here was my 8" green and black maxima that recently died in a temporary holding tank during my crash.

IMG_2203.jpg

Sorry to hear that! :( sux

• 3 weeks later...
Here is my first clam, a gold Maxima i think. its still very new and idk if it should be open like this - it looks more open than the other maximas i see here..

DSCN3049.jpg

DSCN3072.jpg

RSCN3073.jpg

It is under 48W T5s right now but will soon be under 70W MH.

Its cuz you need considerable more light for a maxima, 70w Mh isn't even enough

Here's mine.. First my 12cm T. squamosa (now sold) and next my 2 newly bought - T. crocea on left, T. maxima on right - Both Cook Island :)

img0599qc.jpg

img0602kj.jpg

Its cuz you need considerable more light for a maxima, 70w MH isn't even enough

its in a 10 gal AGA, which is fairly shallow enough for 70W MH to do some real good for it... do you think it is still not enough?

bobmonkey11

maxima's are very hard to keep imo, they do require an incredible amount of light to thrive so 70w probably wont do it, a 150w would do the job no problem though.

here is a pic of my crocea its quite unique:

IMG_5614.jpg

IMG_5602.jpg

IMG_5587.jpg

clam1.jpg

Here was my 8" green and black maxima that recently died in a temporary holding tank during my crash.

IMG_2203.jpg

Damn, hands down winner of the thread so far. Bummer that you lost it.

that derasa looks like it could be a real nice colored clam. can you get a top down picture to show the real colors? they are more vivid from the top.

SouthFlorida_Tron

I notice it collects small bits of sand near the spout, will it start to bleach ?

Let it be or turkey baste it

Archived