Cultivated Reef

Jonny's ADA 2 tank reef concept

jonny roks

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What did you use to glue the rocks together?

It depends. On some parts I used a 2 part epoxy from homedepot. And the rest is foam/epoxy(bob smith industries 20min)

forrestp38829

Tank looks amazing! DO you have any shots of the overflow in the tank? I was thinking of getting one of theirs for my 60-F. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is an update. i apologize for the delays but i have been so busy.

Finally got all the lights and its starting to look great. i'm really nervous about this storm we are about to get on the east coast..

ill update some photos in a few.

Well here is an update. i apologize for the delays but i have been so busy.

Finally got all the lights and its starting to look great. i'm really nervous about this storm we are about to get on the east coast..

ill update some photos in a few.

kaneklapqo6.gif

Hurricane caused major flooding in my area along with a power outage. Lost my female clown & Tiger Blenny. My anemone is walking around everywhere. found him on my vortech this morning.

depressing. The clowns were together for over a year and the blenny was my favorite fish!

tanks a mess. ill be working on it tomorrow.

what tank?

shame, shame, shame :P

Hurricane caused major flooding in my area along with a power outage. Lost my female clown & Tiger Blenny. My anemone is walking around everywhere. found him on my vortech this morning.

depressing. The clowns were together for over a year and the blenny was my favorite fish!

tanks a mess. ill be working on it tomorrow.

:-( that's sad. Female clowns are dropping like flies around here. Sorry for your loss, jonny. I'm sure you'll bounce back.

heres a quick updated photo.

I replaced the male clown [i wrote female by accident in an earlier post]

if you look on the rear you can see a sheet of plexy i mounted to the tanks by the overflow so nothing can climb out. i ordered a piece of glass cut to my dimensions and should have it soon. its just temporary

tank is starting to color up, im going to run some more water to the waterfall this week. i want to see if i can get everything to color up.

Also working on getting a saltwater flowering plant for the waterfall.

get-attachment-1.jpg

Talk about bouncing back from a disaster :) really great work Johnny.

the real disaster was last night when the anenome decided to move and go into the cubes drain and overflow 5 gallons onto my 3rd floor.

MY FAULT 100% because i never put the screen inplace....

Archived