Coral Vue Hydros

Peroxide saves my Tank! With pics to Prove It!

Reef Miser

2 hours ago, mmilli said:

Haven't seen any comments about how H2O2 dosing might affect chaeto. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to dose and then lose my chaeto especially with the nutrient load from dying GHA if it does work. 

hydrogen peroxide decays into h20 and o relatively quickly. tbh i'm not sure how fast. 

But if you're concerned about your chaeto you could turn off the return pump (if this is a sumped system) dose the h2o2 and wait an hour or so. If it's an AIO you can remove the chaeto for a while and add it back in.

17 hours ago, mmilli said:

Haven't seen any comments about how H2O2 dosing might affect chaeto. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to dose and then lose my chaeto especially with the nutrient load from dying GHA if it does work. 

I believe that most would people agree that spot treating (outside of the tank if possible) is more effective and less damaging than dosing the entire tank.

Manual removal is recommended; also, have a sufficient crew of herbivores.  Then, to deal with particularly stubborn hair algae, use peroxide to spot treat (ideally, out of the water) if necessary.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1