Top Shelf Aquatics

29g "Radion" Biocube

Thrassian Atoll

chaostactics

Tank looks awesome. Any issues with rust in those fans? Also you could always put part of your rock work on racks to open in up for fish to explore and to hide your power head.

There is an example in my shock trauma thread.

Thrassian Atoll
Tank looks awesome. Any issues with rust in those fans? Also you could always put part of your rock work on racks to open in up for fish to explore and to hide your power head.

There is an example in my shock trauma thread.

Thanks! No issues with rust. The fan is mostly plastic. I actually have redid my aquascape a little bit. It opened the rockwork up and there are a lot of places for fish to hide. I am going to post some 3 month shots up soon

ThePhilosopher

Wow. It really looks like you've modified every aspect of the tank. Nice work.

Digging the zoas. :happy:

Also, nice steel watchman goby. ;)

Any hints on what you're getting next?

Thrassian Atoll
Wow. It really looks like you've modified every aspect of the tank. Nice work.

Digging the zoas. :happy:

Also, nice steel watchman goby. ;)

Any hints on what you're getting next?

Thanks,

I actually have bought another round of zoas. I also have 2 acans now that I have recently purchased and I have a cali blue tort and green slimer on the way. I am going to take pics of all and a 4 month FTS real soon. I do not think there is really much else I can do to the tank, mod or equipment wise. I will definitely add a doser when I start needing to dose calcium and ALK. That will not be for a while though. Someday I might go LED, but who knows. Right now I am setting up a small ten gallon frag tank. That is what I have mostly been doing. Oh!, I actually forgot that a buddy and I have been making a polycarbonate lid for the tank. We are using a waterjet and It has taken a lot of practice pieces to get it just right. Almost done though. We tried acrylic in the beginning and that was getting chunked up by the waterjet, so we decided to go polycarbonate. The only thing with that right now is the back splash from the sand is making it cloudy in spots. So we are going to try and polish it up and see if that works. Lots of time and money in this thing, and it is just a lid to keep fish in. PITA. Gotta make it look good though.

Thrassian Atoll

FULL TANK SHOT 7/18/11

Front View

65fc3b51.jpg

Side View

505e254e.jpg

Left Side of Front

03612462.jpg

Right Side of Front AKA ZOA CLIFF

f6d1493a.jpg

ACANS

8c9ea3d9.jpg d4ba031b.jpg

Green Slimer

13091072.jpg

MONTIS

53cf6afb.jpg

These are the some pictures I just took with my Iphone. I can not wait until I get a camera. Haha. But full tank shots and some pics of the zoas and slimer. It is not the final resting place for the pink birdsnest or the Green Slimer. I am still light acclimating and moving them up. I will remove the plugs too, at least what I can of the slimers.

Edited by TILTON
Thrassian Atoll
Good looking tank. Looking forward to watching this tank grow.

Jon

Thanks a lot!

Get some pictures of the new coral!

Here!! :P

Looks awesome

Thanks!

Edited by TILTON
Thrassian Atoll

I found a jbj aquafuge fuge light, so now I am running filter floss, purigen and chaeto in the media basket. I put the CPE, in the return chamber. I tried to squeeze it next to the hole between the 2nd and 3rd chamber. Hopefully this benefits the tank.

Thrassian Atoll
It's going to look super nice once it fills in. Especially with all that open water in the front with SPS.

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Thrassian Atoll
needs more SPS omgomgomg

<-------needs more money first. Just set up a frag tank. That took a small chunk. It will get there eventually. I am in no rush. I think the next purchase will be a yasha and pistol pair. Waiting for some of my zoas to grow so I can frag them and do some trading.

Thrassian Atoll
great looking tank, i'm digging the scape. That LR looks like it would stack like legos

Thanks, it did stack pretty well. Wish I had more stuff for people to comment on, but I am glad everyone likes my aquascape

Thrassian Atoll

CUSTOM ACRYLIC LID

This is my new acrylic lid that a buddy and I made. It is .25" thick with .375" squares. This was made on a laser etcher. This lid sits in the seam of plastic right inside of the top of the tank. It has a .5" area all the way around it. It is 4.5" long and the rest will be 12" long. I made. it in 2 pieces because I want to be able to lift part of the lid without having to take the whole thing off, and have acrylic hinges attaching the 2 pieces. The front was a PITA to make because of the curve. The sketch below is the front piece, to show you what it looks like. We made a space in between the two because we thought it would need space for the hinge effect, but it turns out we did not need it. It was too late though as we had already glued the hinges down.

Newfishtop.jpg

8803f17b.jpg?t=1312652493

95b5a7e9.jpg?t=1312652423

e41c1593.jpg?t=1312652547

174b4028.jpg?t=1312652583

08f43c0c.jpg?t=1312652665

Thrassian Atoll

Thanks guys. I do not have any intentions on making anymore. I just wanted something custom for myself and I think it turned out pretty well. Plus, this took forever to cut on the laser etcher. Almost 3 hours of repeated passes.

It has something like 522 squares.

• 2 weeks later...
Thrassian Atoll

Frag Tank

10G Glass Aquarium

Lighting: 4X24Watt Nova Extreme T5, 13watt 6500K regular bulb for chaeto

Filtration: 7LBS live Rock, Modded AC70-Left side has Floss, Purigen, CPE / right has Chaeto

Circulation: Koralia 1

This is my new frag tank. The racks are seperately removable. The black egg crate was bought from BRS. I elevated the live rock on to egg crate so water would circulate under the entire setup. I used PVC to elevate each rack and made small holders for them. I also painted the back and bottom black as well as the PVC.

c186069c.jpg?t=1313508612f4ac6670.jpg?t=1313506883

52a18207.jpg?t=1313507651

825b3bbd.jpg?t=1313509523

Edited by TILTON
Thrassian Atoll

Do you think this will suffice as a good frag tank or should I add something? Eventually I will add an ATO and what not. Just wondering if I have missed something of importance?