Cultivated Reef

Sarah's 29

saraswati

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The tank looks nice, Sarah. You've got some drugged up clowns though. :P

I know right? I feel like all clowns are slightly dumb, but she's just brain dead. Or is having seizures.

• 5 weeks later...
The tank looks nice, Sarah. You've got some drugged up clowns though. :P

WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR CLOWNS!!!!!!! I want mine to act a little bit more odd, their just hang out by the return pump and wont leave that place, unless is feeding time, BTW sorry for your lost =(

I'm worry about power gone in my area, I once left the A/C off for 4 hours ant the temperature sky rocketed to 100+ lucky I didn't have a tank back then, but now im worry omgomgomg

WHAT DO YOU FEED YOUR CLOWNS!!!!!!! I want mine to act a little bit more odd, their just hang out by the return pump and wont leave that place, unless is feeding time, BTW sorry for your lost =(

I'm worry about power gone in my area, I once left the A/C off for 4 hours ant the temperature sky rocketed to 100+ lucky I didn't have a tank back then, but now im worry omgomgomg

Apparently, I just feed them crack. They're always doing something whacked out. They're especially weird at night. Sometimes the female just kind of floats there straight up and down. Insanity.

Ryan and I went shopping tonight! I ended up buying hi big pink monti plate. Both of the places we went were being #######s, and at most were going to give him $10 (and then turn around and sell it for $50) so I bought it instead. Yipee!! It's enormous in my tank, lol. Also got a little toadstool and a new mushroom ( he called is a galaxy. It's pretty much green spotted. It was closed for the night so no pics.) Just to illustrate the intensity of their #######-ness: the toadstool I got was in the nano frag section, 2 for $10. It was two toadstool babies, a little shroom and a zoa on one little rock. I though "score!". I'd get that and the mushroom, right? No. The guy PICKED IT ALL OFF YHE ROCK and just gave me the one bit. I was so mad I couldn't say anything. Petted bunnies to console myself.

Anyhoo. Also changed my bulb tonight. It's just the stock odyssea 15k one, but th old bulb (forgot what it was, a 12k something) was getting old. It's a little white, but nice an bright. We'll see how everything likes it. Hopefully soon I'll buy a Phoenix. Depends on my plans for the 5gal hex... Tee hee hee! I pulled that puppy out again. Gonna slap an ac20 on the back of it and haul it to work. Keep some shrooms, inverts, maybe a tiny goby. Just something fun for me to play with!

Picture time! Here's a very cloudy night time fts. I had just scrubbed algae, so it's dirrrtay.

c58c5b90.jpg?t=1315550768

Toadstool baby is still adorable and worth $5

6e1c65ee.jpg?t=1315550763

Heres the rockscape I made for the hex. I'm tired of moving rocks around so everything is puttied together.

b14a8c69.jpg?t=1315550776

• 3 weeks later...

Besides an UNGODLY amount of algae, not much happening around here. Moved houses, but tank is still at old place. Gonna move it into the 15 rimless from Aaron and slap a skimmer on the back of that puppy to try and get rid of all the grossness. Won't really have room for the sump and I don't want to freak out the new roomie with a massive amount of equipment, so hopefully that'll be enough.

Just a tiny update pic, with the toadstool totally out, duncans that keep multiplying, kenya that's mad-crazy, and the candy canes that are making THREE new heads (total of five.) Wooo!

5d8f3536.jpg

Builder Anthony

Petted bunnys to calm yourself..........Now that isnt something you hear everyday but it does sound relaxing.Maybe i need to carry a rabbit lol so i can relax.

Petted bunnys to calm yourself..........Now that isnt something you hear everyday but it does sound relaxing.Maybe i need to carry a rabbit lol so i can relax.

Petty bunnies is the best therapy. At least I didn't bring one home with me. I already have one. I wouldn't advise carrying a rabbit anywhere though. Mine at least hates being picked up.

I want LED's :-(

Petty bunnies is the best therapy. At least I didn't bring one home with me. I already have one. I wouldn't advise carrying a rabbit anywhere though. Mine at least hates being picked up.

I want LED's :-(

yumy, I want a grilled rabit!! lol

I can't wait for my odyssea light fixture to brake down on me so I can use it to build a DIY LED :/

Ugh. Old roommate didn't tell me that my ballast has been going off. Everything is pissed. Also, monti hates both the lack of light, and admittedly gross water :-/

49bd6b28.jpg

Waahhhhh!

However, trumpets seem to be pretty darn happy with icky water!

db30162d.jpg

Rawr. We're moving everything this weekend to the 15gal that's in the apartment I live in now, and the skimmer is going straight on this #####. Hopefully that'll clean things up. Also buying the LED fixture that coastie built, so the light situation should be better.

Hurray!!

Tank is moved! It was beyond gross. I mean seriously gross. But it looks like everything made it. I bought the LED fixture that Coastie made from my original CFL fixture, and it is #####in. Seriously #####in. And I love the way it looks with the rimless, unpainted tank. Love. Love. Love. I also bought his old HOB skimmer, but have yet to actually get it going. Need more salt too. Gah.

I've taken pictures, but with my phone, and let's just say it looks REAL blue. Real blue. But here we go!

d49d27e6.jpg

My plate baby. I love that thing.

25e14526.jpg

Huge green shrooms. They were originally just one!

79ef0451.jpg

Porcelain crab in his favorite spot, the ENORMOUS hairy mushrooms.

aa23e18e.jpg

I bought this favia like 9 months ago, and it's really starting to get some awesome color!

ec7b61d5.jpg

Trumpets are almost done dividing on the 3 mouth side, and one of the other head has two mouths now!

93ec551a.jpg

New 3 headed torch frag (plus a baby frag that got knocked off while moving.)

4d268b8e.jpg

Ric corner!

b0c3f9e3.jpg

Clowns being clowns!

And happy news!

3fecfa0f.jpg

You can just barely make out my POM POM behind that snail! He made it! Totally thought he was dead, but he's in the same spot that I put him in, waving his little nems :-)

And, of course, the whole shebang!

985ea785.jpg

Someday, I'll break out my real camera, and adjust some pictures. I'm at work though, so that's totally not happening. I need to figure out some sort of top as a snail guard (I found TONS behind my old rimless 10) and to keep cats and such out of it! Maybe I'll actually clean up the kitchen and take a shot of the whole thing ;-)

Archived