ReefCleaners.org

WTF is this for? AC70 Media Basket!

inTank

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does this mean I can order one on monday?

When I know a better lead time that can be posted we will get that on the site.
brandolando4

I have an ac20 if u could make a slot for filter floss, chemipure or carbon, and a tiny fuge. Right now I have carbon filter floss cheato and some lr rubble in mine. its really ghetto looking but it works!! And the cheato is doing a great job of eating nitrates in my fluval spec!!

Also u wouldn't even need to sell small bags of chemipure elite, u could jar sell the same stuff and we could just take out some of the media untill it fits, that's what I'm doing right now!!

Yes but there is no physical design/piece yet. I don't know if they will be ready by the time the AC70 media basket is, if so anyone can add to their pre-sale order.

ok, i have no problem stuffing my floss in the intake chamber like i am now, would a 50w stealth heater fit in the floss compartment? i think the diameter is 1/16 shy of an inch.

The unit was designed for the hydor 50W to fit in the floss chamber, you can see it in a few pics on this thread. I tested it up against inTank filter floss and it didn't burn down my shop. But it would be better held in place and a slight buffer of acrylic between ie heater holder.

We also took holes out where the heater goes, so water doesn't pass by it into the bottom chamber without going through the floss itself. Meaning, water still has to go through the floss when the heater is installed.

so cool:

RBpostN-R.jpg

omgomgomg I just bought mine. didnt know those things could be that expensive. inTank that was no dis I'm sure I get way more than I payed for in performance ;)

It is disproportionate to the cost of the AC70, I understand that. But the only way to make it cheaper is injection molding. Now that has an upfront cost of $10,000+ just for the mold. And you need to expect thousands and thousands of units to go through it.

These units are hand built and have TONS of holes which eats up time. When you make the big bucks Mini you will be pooping $50 bills.

Do you mean where the tube is?

gotcha, i think a larger sized heater could go in the intake chamber instead of the floss. cant wait to see final product!

Will an ac20 rack cost roughly around the same?

Doubtful. It is a lot less material, less holes, less labor time to build. More holes = more time = more money

Do you mean where the tube is?

yes, where people put floss and chemipure for the el fab method. one thing that has really sold me on your design, is the ability to freely adjust flow. with all the floss and chemipure in mine it doesnt budge at all. i liked that at first, but now i am starting to need to increase my flow. even if i put a heather there i could still adjust as needed, i think.

the sexiness my tank will have is from the basket and having no rim. pure sexy

+1

It's all about going sexiness and super cleaness!

Zero

Pre-sale = purchase before they are available. But you are the first to receive one when they are coming off the production line and you receive at a discounted cost.

How many do yall have avalible for presale?

Archived