inTank Media Baskets

AF's 57 Nem tank *New NEMS!*

anemone fan

Received a CUC from reefcleaners.org. Happy with it so far. Here is a grocery list of what I ordered and received.

56/50 Dwarf Ceriths (usually you get more then you ordered, but I said I wanted only 50)

20/20 Dwarf Planaxis (not looking too hot)

12/12 Florida Ceriths

2/2 Fuzzy Chitons

3/4 Limpets (1 DOA and 1 extra shell)

39/30 Nassarius vibex (happy there were extras of this)

12/12 Small Nerites

0/1 Bag of Pods (really disappointed here, the bag was empty and I checked under a dissecting scope)

1/1 Sea Cucumbers

1/2 Turbos (1 DOA)

10/10 Virgin Nerites (beautiful)

20/30 Zigzag Periwinkles (where are the extra 10?)

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nerites

DSC_0002.jpg

Zigzag periwinkles

DSC_0006.jpg

Florida ceriths

DSC_0007.jpg

Virgin nerites

DSC_0010.jpg

Nassarius vibex

DSC_0012.jpg

Limpets

DSC_0013.jpg

Turbos

DSC_0017.jpg

Fuzzy chitons

DSC_0020.jpg

Dwarf planaxi

DSC_0023.jpg

75 mL of snails

DSC_0025.jpg

The pile

DSC_0028.jpg

The sea cucumber (haven't seen it since)

DSC_0032.jpg

Snailing hauling ass

DSC_0033.jpg

That sea cucumber is pretty cool. How big is it?

3", it has disappeared into the rockwork, haven't seen it since I put it in and took my eyes off it.

• 1 month later...

So I finally purchased a sea anemone, a 3"-ish Entacmaea quadricolor! I put it into the tank and instantly the Amphiprion were curious. They stared at the anemone for about a half an hour, and then they started to swim away, but the dominant male (Oregano) brushed his pelvic fins on the anemone as he swam by. He started swimming around the tank excitedly and then came back to the anemone and brushed his pelvic fins a little deeper. More laps around the tank, then more pelvic fin brushing and finally dove into the anemone and laid on his side looking very satisfied. I woke up the next morning to see Oregano with some tattered fins and the dominant female (Rosemary) in the anemone. The anemone started on a trek across the tank a couple days later and then ended up in the sandbed. Its tentacles were not sticky and when I purchased it, it was slightly bleached, but the mouth is still tight so I think this may be a fixable issue at this point. I isolated the anemone into a eggcrate box I created in the tank so the A. clarkii can't harass it until it gets bigger and healthier. The algae that I once had covering the tank has now been cleaned up by the mollusc mix and Mespilia so the rocks are back to being clean. I also finally so the sea cucumber I had introduced with the clean up crew. It is nocturnal and very cryptic, only coming out of rock crevices and holes during the night to feed on the detritus. I'll take a picture soon, but it has grown about and inch since the last time I saw it about 2 months ago. I have a few pictures to share, enjoy.

Cirratulid worm from my 20L tank transferred to my 57 for detritus removal.

DSC_0404.jpg

A fuzzy chiton munching on some algae, they did work in my tank and I hope there is enough in there to sustain them, I am worried.

DSC_0401.jpg

Salt, one of six Amphiprion clarkii in the tank

DSC_0396.jpg

My new Entacmaea quadricolor

DSC_0363.jpg

DSC_0362.jpg

FTS: 10.10.11

DSC_0395.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just got more nems!!!!!!!

Ordered 3 Entacmaea quadricolor from LADD, but when I opened the bag and saw purple tentacles and a column half beige half red with white verrucae I knew I had a Macrodactyla doreensis. LADD refunded me for the missing BTA so now I got a free LTA! Good thing I have a DSB DT. Buried the LTA to the oral disk and it seems to be happy. The anemonefish are sure as hell happy, they keep visiting all the anemones in turns. I documented their first encounter with the LTA.

1. Nibbling of the tentacles

DSC_0013-1.jpg

2. Brushing pelvic fins in tentacles

DSC_0016.jpg

3. Belly in the tentacles

DSC_0017-1.jpg

4. Full immersion

DSC_0091.jpg

Also a picture of the new RBTA with Pepper in it.

DSC_0089.jpg

And the new GBTA which came in not looking too hot with Sage in it.

DSC_0109.jpg

Enjoy and leave some love.

Archived