Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A 20 gallon learning experience

irondragon013

irondragon013

New FTS:

5601158890_4bd37da1a4_z.jpg

I got the big acro trimmed down with my dremel tool. I do not recommend this to anyone. It slimes like nothing I have ever seen and doesn't smell very good either. I still have a good number of frags left healing in my tank for trading in the future. Most of the acro trimmings were traded in on a branching duncan frag and a very nice 3 mouthed ricordia. The color isn't quite right in this photo but it gives you the idea.

5601185766_330ab706d0_z.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
irondragon013
Nice shots dragon..That acro mustve been huge.

Thanks. The acro was larger than a football. I hated to cut it up, but I got it knowing I would have to. The first shot with it in the tank its on it side and I moved 3 pounds or so of rock to my 10g to get it in there. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow back out. For now I really need to stop buying corals. I have no where to put them :P

irondragon013
looks great! let me know when your selling frags!

I traded most of them in. I kind of wanted to avoid shipping stuff. Though don't count on that being the case in the future. Trade in value isn't that great.

• 2 weeks later...
irondragon013

I figure it is time for an update. I have been busy with school and converting my 10g into a frag tank that Paradox and I are sharing. In the process I switch a couple rocks around i from the 10g into the 20L to change the left island. The large green acro is healing up nicely and showing growth on some of the unbroken pieces. Overall I'm seeing good growth on most everything. I'm hoping that the frag tank will produce some extra money to put into this tank. Pictures to come sometime this week.

And I love my reef octopus skimmer, the skimmate is nearly as dark as Paradox's soul :P :

5629373755_064e741224_z.jpg

irondragon013
Wow cheap shot on my soul there dragon......

I wouldn't say it if it weren't true ;) The internet is serious business ya know

irondragon013
Great looking tank! Hopefully mine look as good as yours does some day

Thanks Tilton,

It is still a work in progress, though I think I finalized the scape last week. Here is a FTS:

5636692950_cbaba67203_z.jpg

And some new Zoas chilling in the Frag tank till I get a chance to work on them.

5636113647_d9482a90bc_z.jpg

irondragon013

A quick update:

I have been working on coral placement to get the frag plugs out of the tank and corals glued down. I'm switching to Reef Crystal salt mix. I'm tired of fighting IO with dosing. I had to move the xenia into my frag tank as it was shriveling from the amount of water changes I had been doing. A coral that is killed by overly clean water lol. Nothing else exciting happening. Time to hurry up and wait for stuff to grow.

• 1 month later...

And some new Zoas chilling in the Frag tank till I get a chance to work on them.

5636113647_d9482a90bc_z.jpg

nice green crossettes!

irondragon013
Great looking tank. Subscribed!

Thanks man. I need to update soon. A lot has changed in the tank but its been growing out for a while now. The big green acro has floored me with how fast it is growing. Switching to Reef Crystals was probably the best move I did with this tank.

nice green crossettes!

Is that the name? (Appears to be spot on with a quick google search. Thanks.) Red skirts with a nice patterned green center. I got the pretty large colony for $25 and broke it into 3 smaller colonies. I need sell some stuff soon. After my trip to Ireland this month I'll have a clear out the 10g frag tank sale.

Ok I need to take some photos tomorrow. My newest ones are dated late April lol.

• 4 months later...
irondragon013
5820130338_27bc4d82f0_z.jpg

And as of this morning. 4 months of growth is an insane comparison.

6234668598_a9a9dd1896_z.jpg

This tank should be upgraded to a 40B. If school would let up and give me more time to work on the new setup it would be done already.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
irondragon013
Is this tank still up and running?

Unfortunately it is not. Had to get out of the hobby due to school, work, and other things. I couldn't maintain the tank so my best friends gf got one hell of a set up. I will be back into the hobby once my life stabilizes enough to afford and maintain a tank.

Thanks to all who followed along.

Archived