Pod Your Reef

A 20 gallon learning experience

irondragon013

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
irondragon013
Love your scape..those are some great rocks.

Thanks. Your tank is amazing, though I think I have said that a few times before :lol:

irondragon013

So the tank got up to 83 degrees so I decided to change things up to help temp wise, especially with summer right around the corner <_< . Made a cover out of some egg crate I had around and picked up a clip on fan to blow across the top and the light. The fan is on the same timer as the daylights, so it will only be on when all 4 bulbs are on.

5578497636_7bbd57ab9a_z.jpg

And some algae was growing on my AC50 so I put the juggernaut to work on it

5577913085_c1650167ef_z.jpg

irondragon013

I had a day equivalent to Christmas yesterday. I went to Aquarium Outfitters in Athens, GA. I have a new favorite store. Picked up 8 new corals. I got home and My camera had arrived. I took me till today to figure out how to take some decent photos with it. Its not hard to work with at all.

Corals added:

GSP

Pulsing Xenia (surprisingly rare for a weed coral :huh: )

2 different Zoas

Blasto

Green long tentacle torch

Neon Green Birdsnest

Red Motipora Cap

And on to pics, I'm still learning so more to come:

Zoa Colony #1:

5583499907_5e5d485d2a_z.jpg

Zoa Colony #2, This pic is my background on my 17in laptop with no pixelation at all

5583499633_55b7663206_z.jpg

This torch is amazing B)

5583499481_2d598ac803_z.jpg

Xenia in its back corner by itself lol though the occasional hermit crab runs it over:

5584090128_d61dfb5bee_z.jpg

And an angled tank shot for the heck of it:

5583500383_3390fcf686_z.jpg

Those new zoa's are great. Do you know if they have a name by chance? Also is that under your regular lighting or just actinic?

irondragon013

Thanks Pyro and Wilioli.

I have no idea on the names of the zoas. All pictures are with all the bulbs on, 2 Blue+, an actinic, and a 10,000K daylight. I really like this bulb combo. I need to figure out the actinic shots. It tends to blue out everything.

irondragon013
5583499907_5e5d485d2a_z.jpg

I think I have an ID for these, "Eye of the Storm."

On CoralPedia

They look darn close. The green colony is closest to Kryptonite, but I'm not 100% on that one.

irondragon013
Just read through the whole thread. Very nice. Pics look great too.

Keep it up.

Thanks man. I'm sort of proud of how this tank has evolved. A lot has changed in the 4 months I have had it up.

Great photography dragon!

Looking good!!!!

Thanks D9. I need to try video editing so I can get a video put together. This might take a while.

I think I have an ID for these, "Eye of the Storm."

On CoralPedia

They look darn close. The green colony is closest to Kryptonite, but I'm not 100% on that one.

I would say your spot on there. The only real differences come from the spectrum of your lighting. Beyond that everything else matches up.

This tank is sick!! It's looking awesome so far!

I can't wait to see what it grows out to look like, especially with that scape. I'm very interested, I think it's going to look really cool.

irondragon013

I put together a very basic video today

try 720p :)

I apologize for the kind of off kilter shot. I should have checked that.

great video! the flow is just amazing! haaha, i gotta do something with my flow, or rearrange the powerheads, 'feels' like ur running a vortech or something

irondragon013
great video! the flow is just amazing! haaha, i gotta do something with my flow, or rearrange the powerheads, 'feels' like ur running a vortech or something

This is just 3 425 k-nanos. I'm very happy with the flow. I bought a wave timer but I'm not using it. No need when I have the effect I want lol

irondragon013

So today I got tired of messing with my aquatic life 115 skimmer so I bought a Reef Octopus Bh-100. Other than pump that looks like a return pump it should do a lot better than the 115. I need a sump to put all this junk in.

There are fish every where!

...so...you got some SPS from the looks of it? How'd you manage to pick up that piece?

paradox_of_reef

It looks like a coral i'll have a frag of by tomorrow morning LOL ......nice grab irondragon. Looking good so far. Your scarlet crab likes to climb your SPS....

irondragon013
There are fish every where!

...so...you got some SPS from the looks of it? How'd you manage to pick up that piece?

wow, lots of sps! looks like the skimmer is in place, and a frag rack! lookin good!

I got the single huge acro from my LFS for a steal. I'm going to cut the majority of it and keep the base part with branches about 6 inches long and take the rest to another LFS for trade in. I should be able to come out on the plus side of the deal and still have a good sized acro producing frags.

Archived