Coral Vue Hydros

EcoPico 5 gallon LED reef build....Refreshed tank on page 6!

alaskan84

Yup, ive never ordered from Mr. Coral before, and have read some sorta unsettling things on different forums lately. Figured I would give them a shot, only $130.00 so we will see how it goes...hell i've paid more than that trying to ship some things up here.

woop! just noticed that morphologic had a couple more Sunny D's available so I snagged them up! Been waiting on those for a few weeks now. I'm having CM hold my frag until their next posting so I can pick a few more out. My little 5 gallon is gonna be STOCKED soon :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what do sunny d's look like?

i got a 4 polyp frag of these (Sunny D's)

1301466569.jpg

and I think an 8 polyp frag of their Mohawks

MohawkMadness.jpg

These pics arent directly from CM as I cant link their pictures directly, but I have no doubt theirs will look just as good or better!

Im excited....finally some designer Z's and P's :D

oh nice! i really want pink flamingo zoas!

i got a really nice sized frag of basically unnamed pink zoas from divers den awhile back...they look really close to the pink flamingos, but they dont have the brown ring.

i got a really nice sized frag of basically unnamed pink zoas from divers den awhile back...they look really close to the pink flamingos, but they dont have the brown ring.

got a pic?

got a pic?

IMG_3801.jpg

2011-17.jpg

first one was shortly after acclimating the frag to my 28 gallon. The pinks have now overtaken the red oxide zoas(I prefer the bright pink to the oxide ones anyways) and are struggling to keep the green polyps at bay. The tentacles are much longer now and they have colored up nicely, as you can see in the second pic...I will see if i can snag a better pic of these guys soon.

IMG_3801.jpg

2011-17.jpg

first one was shortly after acclimating the frag to my 28 gallon. The pinks have now overtaken the red oxide zoas(I prefer the bright pink to the oxide ones anyways) and are struggling to keep the green polyps at bay. The tentacles are much longer now and they have colored up nicely, as you can see in the second pic...I will see if i can snag a better pic of these guys soon.

very kool =) i also wanna get a nice bright blue zoa ;)

today is MR Coral arrival day! :)

Edit: Delivered to the garage.....I just wont be able to grab them and start acclimating for another 3 hours.....ohhh the wait :lol:

today is MR Coral arrival day! :)

Edit: Delivered to the garage.....I just wont be able to grab them and start acclimating for another 3 hours.....ohhh the wait :lol:

well all looks good....with all the buckets and things i needed to bring to work to acclimate these buggers, I forgot the dslr....anyways who wants pics of closed polyps? 3 out of the 13 frags had broken from the frag plugs, but everything looked relativly healthy. The shrooms began spitting some serious stuff as soon as they went into the tank, but they do look colorful. Within 5 minutes of placing the frags, one chunk of zoas had already began opening, so I suspect tomorrow will be a beautiful morning. I did do a 90% water change before acclimating these guys as I've changed from instant ocean to kent marine salt to hopefully have better numbers from the start. I placed 2 frags in the middle of my rock plateau, and then 2 broken chunks as well. The rest of the frags, zoas and shrooms all are on plugs and in the sand bed. Pics will come tomorrow :)

well all looks good....with all the buckets and things i needed to bring to work to acclimate these buggers, I forgot the dslr....anyways who wants pics of closed polyps? 3 out of the 13 frags had broken from the frag plugs, but everything looked relativly healthy. The shrooms began spitting some serious stuff as soon as they went into the tank, but they do look colorful. Within 5 minutes of placing the frags, one chunk of zoas had already began opening, so I suspect tomorrow will be a beautiful morning. I did do a 90% water change before acclimating these guys as I've changed from instant ocean to kent marine salt to hopefully have better numbers from the start. I placed 2 frags in the middle of my rock plateau, and then 2 broken chunks as well. The rest of the frags, zoas and shrooms all are on plugs and in the sand bed. Pics will come tomorrow :)

i expect nothing less than the ecopico video posted recently.

i expect nothing less than the ecopico video posted recently.

ahhhah....yeah well maybe a year down the road mine "could" possibly look as developed as that. The major difference...we are just hobbyists, he runs a buisness IN the hobby and is able to devote much more time that I think we can/do. I've got my dslr at work today, but am waiting for more polyps to hopefully open. Out of the 9 zoa frags, I've got about 3 that are entirely open, 3 more that are half or 1/4 open, and then 3 that havent opened yet, but they look close. One polyp of something that broke off just opened and looks fabulous....bright pink with a green mouth. I sure hope these spread well in the coming months. Pictures to follow later today, but before 5 :)

Thanks Weetabix7!

i'm really only going to consider this a "teaser" because these are only shots of what has opened so far.....I'm really excited about the shrooms, cant wait until they grow in a bit

Mr Coral $10.00 Shrooms.....there tiny, but pretty!

IMG_4336.jpg

I'm Not even sure what I ordered here..but there open!.....guess we will see how it changes over the next couple weeksIMG_4337.jpg

Some neon green's here....they looked pretty different than normal Radioactive dragon eyes on mr corals website, will see as they open up more

IMG_4338.jpg

My favorite, this single polyp broke from its frag plug(remainder of frag hasnt quite opened yet)IMG_4341.jpg

Top down attempt at the same polypIMG_4344.jpg

Thanks for looking! I will post more shots over the next week or so as things (hopefully) begin to open more.

I hope that everything opens beautifully! Love the zoa polyps. Will soon add some more zoas to my mix, and got some GSP this week from a fellow N-R member that I arranged a few weeks ago. It just arrived and is acclimating. :D

How is your tank holding up with algae/CUC business? I am not sure if you mentioned this previously, but what is your topoff water? RO? Distilled?

I have a full HOB loaded with chaeto running now, took a bit to get started initially, but I have had a lot of hair algae in the past so trying to keep on up preventative measures with that issue.

I hope that everything opens beautifully! Love the zoa polyps. Will soon add some more zoas to my mix, and got some GSP this week from a fellow N-R member that I arranged a few weeks ago. It just arrived and is acclimating. :D

How is your tank holding up with algae/CUC business? I am not sure if you mentioned this previously, but what is your topoff water? RO? Distilled?

I have a full HOB loaded with chaeto running now, took a bit to get started initially, but I have had a lot of hair algae in the past so trying to keep on up preventative measures with that issue.

Thanks alfie, I hope that the rest are open tomorrow.(i sure hope they dont melt away within a week or two) I've got some gsp in my 28 gallon, but im struggling to keep it alive...not sure if i want to try fragging it. My kenya tree on the other hand, is thriving and just fragged itself for the first time so I may try moving the baby in there. I believe my coral morphologic order should arrive tomorrow....if its anything like last time, this is going to put mr coral to shame.

I am using RO/DI for topoff, and really dont seem to be having much of an algae problem at all. I have swapped my chaeto 3 times so far, as it doesent seem to really thrive in this tank, but isnt dieing. It just multiplies like crazy in my 28 gallon so there wont be a problem replacing chaeto in here bi weekly. I actually got my reefcleaners cuc order in today for my 120 gallon, and I think i may toss 5 or 10 of the micro ceriths into my 5 gallon just for more diversity....the ceriths i have in there now are florida and fairly large

im in love with that single zoa polyp!!!

well coral morphologic made it through the fog! acclimation of my last order(for a little while :P ) will begin in a couple hours.

alfiefive
well coral morphologic made it through the fog! acclimation of my last order(for a little while :P ) will begin in a couple hours.

Let us know how everything turned out.

alaskan84

Well here we go with some shots of the livestock...things are looking pretty good overall....a few of the mr. coral frags arent looking so hot though...my favorite single polyp has now closed and is refusing to open, and 1 of the shrooms isnt looking well....but Coral Morphologic came through and saves the day!

shroom on the left is getting an unhealthy white edge on it

IMG_434901.jpg

The healthiest Mr. Coral frag of unknown lineage

IMG_435001.jpg

second healthiest Mr. Coral frag of unknown lineage...possibly a R. Dragoneye morph....way brighter than the R. Dragoneyes in my 28 gallon

IMG_434701.jpg

third Mr. Coral frag that is holding on strong

IMG_435101.jpg

First up is a free vice frag from CM! (sorry the angle was off a bit)

IMG_434801.jpg

Sunny D!!

IMG_435301.jpg

Peach-Pink Leopards(lotus eaters) and a neon mint green lotus eater frag on the left not quite opened yet

IMG_435201.jpg

Another Sunny D shot as they are soo colorful!

IMG_435401.jpg

And rounding out the bunch with my new favorite....Orange Krush Ricordia!

IMG_435501.jpg

I also have a nice frag of mohawk paly's that are still on the sand bed, only a couple polyps opened so far...gonna give them a week or so more and then possibly move them on up closer to the light.

alaskan84

Actually I got two! :P One for this pico, and then one for my 28 gallon at home in case things go sour here at work B) I have the one in my 28 gallon close to my other CM rics and although they are beautiful, this orange krush is vibrant next to them from across the room.

alfiefive
Actually I got two! :P One for this pico, and then one for my 28 gallon at home in case things go sour here at work B) I have the one in my 28 gallon close to my other CM rics and although they are beautiful, this orange krush is vibrant next to them from across the room.

Last I looked they had a many-mouthed orange kush on the site for like +$100 bucks!!!!! They are amazing :D

alaskan84
Last I looked they had a many-mouthed orange kush on the site for like +$100 bucks!!!!! They are amazing :D

yeah I was looking at the $75.00 double mouth one earlier....it looks the nicest, but i figure mine will do that soon enough so no need to pay for the extra growth....damn CM, the purple tyedye zoas they've got up now look tempting....and they've got a way better looking mohawk frag up now too :o ....they could bankrupt me! At least I know I am buying quality frags that are healthy, and worth their price IMO, not too overpriced. Only guys I know that routinly throw in $15-$30 frags for free too

Archived